Author Topic: Will a G28 lp640 rep fit on a Uhual flatbed?  (Read 1281 times)

notnilc20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 174
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
Re: Will a G28 lp640 rep fit on a Uhual flatbed?
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2013, 10:39:01 PM »
Thanks for the answer guys, but I will be honest that it wasnt the answer I was hoping for. Now I dont know how I am going to get the car to vagas, because I dont know any other places, in either city, that rents flatbeds, big enough.  :'( And to, notnilc20, yes I am picking it up from him, but he was only doing some upgrades to it. It was built by CarKitMaker. Thanks guys. BTW any other advise, from someone else, would still be appreciated.
I see pics of the Car Kit Inc hacks in the CarKitMaker web site.

They are both located in Albertville, AL. I get the impression that they may have been working together in the past. But i dont know. Maybe LamborghiniMurcie knows.

Robert

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 124
  • Member Rating Points: +4/-0
  • Lamborghini's rule!
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2013, 08:47:58 PM »
Thanks for the answer guys, but I will be honest that it wasnt the answer I was hoping for. Now I dont know how I am going to get the car to vagas, because I dont know any other places, in either city, that rents flatbeds, big enough.  :'( And to, notnilc20, yes I am picking it up from him, but he was only doing some upgrades to it. It was built by CarKitMaker. Thanks guys. BTW any other advise, from someone else, would still be appreciated.
I see pics of the Car Kit Inc hacks in the CarKitMaker web site.
Robert, Journeyman experimental mechanic, Journeyman experimental painter.

Tusabes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 127
  • Member Rating Points: +8/-2
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2013, 05:29:41 PM »
Just ask rob for trailer rental places near him . Doesn't have to be U haul
He should know which places in Phoenix have the right trailer since he has dealt with this many times

am33r

• Liked: 37
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
  • YOLO
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2013, 03:08:33 PM »
Call rob and ask him to measure the outer tire distance front and back, and call the u-haul and ask how wide is the flat bed!

lamborghinimurci

• Liked: 6
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-0
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2013, 02:52:03 PM »

notnilc20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 174
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2013, 02:38:31 PM »
If it's the auto transport trailer then no. B/c the wheel well of the trailer are too narrow for the lp640. But i cant say for sure bc ive never done it.  I havent seen the flatbed from uhaul. But if its a flatbed and the bed is higher than the wheels/tires on the trailer it should be ok. Just be sure to tie some visible ribbons to the lp's mirrors.

But im more curious of how you got a finished replica out of Arizona if it's built by who i think it's built by.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 02:40:38 PM by notnilc20 »

am33r

• Liked: 37
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
  • YOLO
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2013, 02:08:51 PM »
I dunno the answer to that exact question. But 4 weeks ago I picked up my G28 Body Kit (Just the kit) on a U-Haul "Auto Transport" and the kit was Wider than the trailer and the wheel wells of the trailer scratched the side Rockers on my kit - I should have taken several of the eight feet long 2"x4" woods and layed them sideways to get heigher than the trailer wheels and put the kit on top of them.

Just in case someone asks this question at some point.

lamborghinimurci

• Liked: 6
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-0
Will a G28 lp640 rep fit on a Uhual flatbed?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 01:04:46 PM »
Does anyone know if a G28 lp640 rep will fit on a Uhual flatbed? I know that the width of the car will be darn close. Im leaving Texas and I need swing through to pick up my completed replica in Arizona and bring to my new home in Las Vagas. I dont know any other trailer rental places that allow pick up and drop off in another city. If anyone has put one one on a Uhaul trailer or knows another trailer rental company that has flatbeds that can be dropped off in another city, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks  :)