How To - Tips > Engine & Transmission

Question about Clutch grinding in reverse

(1/2) > >>

msaby:
If you are using the Archie kit with the thick adapter plate you will need to increase the length of the slave cylinder rod.  You can test to see if the clutch is still engaged with the pedal depressed.  Remove the coil wire and placing the transmission in reverse, with the clutch pedal pressed down.  Tap the starter to see if the car lurches backwards.  If you can't shift the trans in reverse when the engine is not running, disconnect the cables at the shifter.  Then shift the trans in reverse with your hand.(back at the trans) This will rule out the shift cables needing adjustments.   

01Lambiero:
A simple clutch adjustment should take care of your problem.  ::thumbup

CCIE:
Transmission shop in Centerburg....
Do you have any recommendations I need to ask them about the work (besides the obvious to make it work without ripping me off)? They told be to bring it back but told me this is all custom work and could be anything. Unfortunately they are an hour away.

Thanks
CCIE

01Lambiero:
There are no synchros on reverse gear.  The reverse gear grinding tells me that the input shaft is still turning because the clutch disc has not been fully released.  By the way, who installed the clutch assembly?  Thanks.  Jim

solrac:
and if everything is adjusted right and still dont work then its going to be the synchro's..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version