Author Topic: Murcielago Wheel Price  (Read 9907 times)

Tallon

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 186
  • Member Rating Points: +18/-5
Re: Murcielago Wheel Price
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2012, 06:52:35 PM »
So maybe if I put it on as much as I can (it gets stuck) and just tighten the lugs on it? It is supposed to go all the way down on the wheel right? The bolts are barely sticking out of the bolt holes.

The reason for my wheel I think is because it was chromed and I also saw copper in there and I sanded it off. Although I kept sanding through the metal as well but it's still tight.

I also can't imagine how it was able to fit on the murcielago with the chrome on there  ::scratch

cementhead

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2012, 06:04:35 PM »
Mine were snug, but I didn't have to do any grinding to get them on. They are a little tight when they come off, but they pop right off. The fronts seemed tighter than the rears on mine. They should go on with minimal sanding. It seems like yours are way too tight.

SchulzeA

« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2012, 04:56:00 PM »
Buy a dial caliper! Save yourself headache and reduce guess work. It will be a very useful tool to have anyhow. I get the cheapies for the garage from Harborfrieght. $25

Tallon

« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2012, 04:21:40 PM »
Well for the rear no now that I have oems I didn't think about the front yet but I'm working on cutting the inside of one of the rears and am about to cry because nothings happening ::duh

cementhead

• Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2012, 04:05:47 PM »
Are you going to run spacers?

Tallon

« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2012, 02:47:38 PM »
I just cannot cut my wheels down, I'm sanding the crap out of it with 3" flap wheels for hours even though I passed out the chrome and copper, I keep checking the hub fit and it always seems like it's very close to going in but never does! Can't even believe it.

When it spins it seems like it is just gliding away from the edges, it spins so smoothly.
If I try to pull it up away from the bottom just to do the top-inside, the flap wheel rattles like crazy and seems like it's tearing the metal up. I stop quick enough though.
I'm not sure if it's better to drill slowly or high speed.. I tried both.

Still on the first wheel :(

I couldn't find 3.25" only 3 but you'd think that would be enough...
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 02:53:42 PM by Tallon »

autopro

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • Liked: 1204
  • Member Rating Points: +43/-1
  • Tijuana/San Diego
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2012, 11:21:16 PM »
I thought that was a decent estimate, rears alone will be $270-$370 a piece and you already have the front, you should be good ::wave

I know, I just just teasing Dustin.  I actually got the front tires for $100.00 for both installed.  Best thing of all is that they have about 80% thread life left ::thumbup

The rears are going to set me back around $150.00 - $200.00 depending on the condition.  It helps to have friends in the automotive industry.
Pedro

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Liked: 418
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-0
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2012, 06:34:34 PM »
I thought that was a decent estimate, rears alone will be $270-$370 a piece and you already have the front, you should be good ::wave

autopro

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Tijuana/San Diego
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2012, 06:07:21 PM »
Tires depending on what you go with will be between $800-$1,100 ::thumbup

Great going Dustin, you just ruined my weekend :'( ::tongue
Pedro

autopro

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Tijuana/San Diego
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2012, 03:25:42 PM »
I know of a set of Hercules rims for $2,500.00.  Let me know if you want them and I will pass you the guy’s information.  I don’t know what condition they are in but you can call him and ask him.

Seems like ive seen them somewhere before ::scratch $1,600-$2,000 sounds much better ::toothy

Exactly one of the reasons I went with the older style rims, although $2,500.00 isn't too bad for the Hercules rims.  I’ll keep an eye out for you in case I see some.

i was for sure that 13" will still look small, but I was surely mistaken. it fills it up well!

I am in the process of piecing and creating a list of all wilwood brake pieces to convert the front to 13" wilwood setup.

I just dont like or trust the stock brakes at all.

The picture actually makes them look a little bit smaller don’t know why.   In real life they do fill pretty well, wish they were 14’s but those are some serious money.
Pedro

Onewickedsvt

• Liked: 18
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2012, 01:17:41 PM »
i was for sure that 13" will still look small, but I was surely mistaken. it fills it up well!

I am in the process of piecing and creating a list of all wilwood brake pieces to convert the front to 13" wilwood setup.

I just dont like or trust the stock brakes at all.

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2012, 01:14:50 PM »
I know of a set of Hercules rims for $2,500.00.  Let me know if you want them and I will pass you the guy’s information.  I don’t know what condition they are in but you can call him and ask him.

Seems like ive seen them somewhere before ::scratch $1,600-$2,000 sounds much better ::toothy

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2012, 01:12:59 PM »
Tires depending on what you go with will be between $800-$1,100 ::thumbup

Tallon

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2012, 12:08:55 PM »
Oooooh wow! Much better than the first picture. Black is awesome. I want these wheels :)

How much will they cost when you add the tires?
There's ebay ads for sets with tires 3,900
too much for me though :(
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 12:16:29 PM by Tallon »

autopro

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Tijuana/San Diego
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2012, 12:03:40 PM »
So as promised here is a picture of one of the rear rims.  Sorry for the bad pictures but we just have a crappy camera here at work.

This is one of the brake disks that I bought.  They come with the black zinc coating already on them and will eventually rub off where it makes contact with the brake pads.  Hopefully this will keep them looking nicer for a while longer instead of just rusting around the edges, I hate that  >:(!  They are for a 1997-2004 C5 Corvette (fronts) and they are 13”.

This is just to see how they would look.  The hubs are from a 2000 S-10 pickup with ABS and 4WD, the wheel studs on these hubs are just a bit short for these rims so I ordered some that are ½” longer.  I will post some pics when I change them out.

Pedro