Author Topic: in need of some g28 door glass asap some one help  (Read 17835 times)

BigPines

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Liked: 272
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-1
Re: in need of some g28 door glass asap some one help
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2013, 08:24:14 PM »
Seriously! I mean, that HAS to be cheaper than the plastic when you consider the shipping saved. ::scratch

It sounds like there may be enough interest to make this happen this time around.
If I don't have time to do it right, when will I have time to do it over?

pslim337

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 3
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2013, 08:17:04 PM »
i tell u what for 246 i wont too sets  ;D

BigPines

« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2013, 07:54:10 PM »
In the following post written in Aug. 30, 2012, Murci-Me offered glass on the cheap:

http://lamboclone.com/index.php?topic=265.msg3284#msg3284

The example price was only $246/pair shipped to buyer's door if he could get 10 orders! What a steal! I wonder why people didn't jump on that? It sounds like he doesn't even need a template as he has his own glass.

Are you still willing to do this Murci-Me?

It won't help me as I need OEM glass but that price is so cheap, I may be tempted to pick up a set anyway just in case I change my plans.

Mike

LamboJayso

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Liked: 17
  • Member Rating Points: +6/-2
  • Experience is everything!
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2013, 07:03:53 PM »
Let's see...I have an OEM roadster door glass. & I also have OEM dimension coupe door skins. If anyone decides to go the route of having door glasses made, I can provide a fiberglass template for $200 shipped.

It will have the proper curvature, length, and height. Now, the G28 doors are about 3" shorter. So I'd leave it for the buyer to shorten it accordingly. I'd recommend shortening it along the B-pillar side of the template.
-Jayso

pslim337

« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2013, 06:59:38 PM »
ya mike is a good dude his bilding a cluter for me hes a bizzy man  i dont think he has time to offer it again but if he does ooooooo im in  ::salute

No Bull

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • Liked: 299
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
  • Replication is the sincerest form of flattery
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2013, 06:24:16 PM »
I don't think anyone has an issue with Mike (Murci-Me) coordinating this if he decides to take on the project and offer it again.  This still leaves the question if the glass will fit both the coupe and roadster correctly and I'm sure he will want to know how many are seriously interested enough to leave a deposit.

If it's just for the coupes, then there might still be enough interest for a group purchase of G28 coupe glass.  If they don't fit the roadster, then  we still have the option of coordinating a group buy and absorbing the cost of tooling in each window.

Chris

pslim337

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2013, 06:09:49 PM »
one more time murci-me

BigPines

« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2013, 04:53:41 PM »
Will OEM glass even fit in a G28? I don't think so. If we are talking OEM spec glass, and depending on the price, I may be tempted.

Why not take Murci-Me up on his offer to get a group buy together for G28 glass? That definitely sounds like the best lead so far.

Robert

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 124
  • Member Rating Points: +4/-0
  • Lamborghini's rule!
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2013, 04:49:25 PM »
Am33r: need G28-Roadster "Door-Window Glass"
Here is a price quote from Lambo stuff. This is for OEM replacement glass for LP640.

Hi Robert,

Below is a price quote for the OEM LP640 Coupe glass.
Shopping Cart as a Price Quote
  Product Description  Item #  List  Stock  Our Price  Qty  Ext Price 
# 1   WINDSHIELD  418845011  $6,485.92  out-of-stock  $6,096.76  1  $6,096.76 
 This is a special order item or we are out of stock.
You may RUSH this item for $984.89 more. 
# 2   RIGHT DOOR WINDOW  418845202A  $1,200.90  out-of-stock  $1,128.85  1  $1,128.85 
You may RUSH this item for $192.14 more. 
# 3   LEFT DOOR WINDOW  418845201A  $1,200.90  out-of-stock  $1,128.85  1  $1,128.85 
You may RUSH this item for $192.14 more. 
# 4   REAR WINDOW GLASS  418845491  $1,309.02  out-of-stock  $1,230.48  1  $1,230.48 
You may RUSH this item for $208.35 more. 
# 5   SIDE WINDOW,RR  418845299  $2,036.63  out-of-stock  $1,914.43  1  $1,914.43 
You may RUSH this item for $317.49 more. 
# 6   SIDE WINDOW,RR  418845300  $2,036.63  out-of-stock  $1,914.43  1  $1,914.43 
You may RUSH this item for $317.49 more. 
Print
Subtotal: $13,413.80
Shipping*: deferred *
Total: $13,413.80
Savings: $856.20
This is what you saved by purchasing from BullStuff!

Shipping Estimates
*BullStuff.com's shopping cart estimates shipping based on your subtotal and number of items it is very close, however it may not correctly estimate shipping on small expensive parts and for "out-of-country" orders. This shipping amount is an estimation only. It also does not include any fees or import duties your country may impose. Import fees are neither calculated or billed by us. In the event you are overcharged shipping or if your order requires additional shipping costs you will be notified or refunded at the time of the shipment. You will also be given the option to defer shipping when you checkout.
Special Order Items
** Any item that is out in stock is considered a SPECIAL ORDER ITEM. There are absolutely no refunds on special order items or used parts, after you submit your order to J&J Concepts.

Rush Shipping Option
*** RUSH fee is a fee offered by the factory to increase normal shipping time from a standard stock order of 1-2 weeks to typically 3 days. Shipping times are averages and are always subject to delays from customs. Although rare, customs delays are out of our control. We do not compensate delays that are out of our control.         

Thanks,
Logan

---------------------------
Robert, Journeyman experimental mechanic, Journeyman experimental painter.

Robert

• Liked: 124
  • Member Rating Points: +4/-0
  • Lamborghini's rule!
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2013, 04:46:52 PM »
Here is an email from auto temp glass. Have they made door glass for you guys before. I inquired about LP670 glass.

Hello Robert,

The pricing on the side door glass would depend on the size and bend of the parts.  Please send me a template with the exact size and form of the parts you need to the address below and I will quote you the tooling and manufacturing costs.  (We only need one template if the left and right are symmetrically opposite.)

Sorry, we do not manufacture laminated windshields.  We only manufacture tempered parts such as side glass and rear windshields. 

Thank you!
Robb Spratt
CAD Dept. Manager &
Custom Glass Director

950 Kent Rd.
Batavia, Ohio 45103
Main Office: (513) 732-6969
Direct: (513) 685-1115
Cell: (513) 403-5193
Fax: (513) 685-1127
www.autotempinc.com

Robert, Journeyman experimental mechanic, Journeyman experimental painter.

am33r

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 37
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
  • YOLO
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2013, 04:25:14 PM »

No Bull

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • Liked: 299
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
  • Replication is the sincerest form of flattery
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2013, 11:11:16 AM »
This is really simple guys, let's start this off with a quick survey for demand and from that we can determine who is willing to coordinate a group purchase of door glass for the coupe and roadster.  As with the recent group purchase for vents, I would urge anyone willing to do this to make sure they receive a sample or supplier description first so everyone knows exactly what they are paying for.  Second I would expect deposits to be made to the organizer so they are not left holding a bunch of parts and empty promises.  I think it's also really important that we nail down what we are expecting from these windows

Example: G28, tinted / polarized, tempered, laminated, coupe, roadster, thickness etc.

I don't want to rehash the tempered vs. laminated discussions but rather call this out that a decision must be made and this is how the glass would be made and accepted by everyone buying them. 

I think that the lower part of the glass has to be figured out (what is the best shape for a G28) and  focus on the bottom of the window where the lift usually attaches.  Depending on the type of lift linkage and motor that is used and how the lift attaches to the window might determine how much of the window will stick up in the full down position and there might be a way of improving this by lifting on the side of the window (a molded hole in the glass lined with a rubber gusset) versus lifting up from the bottom.  Just thinking out of the box but is there a way of getting the window down inside the door a little more?

So let's start with agreeing on what we want and determine the demand for the coupes and roadsters.  From that we can look for volunteers willing to manage the project and figure out who the supplier will be and what this is going to cost.

Thanks,

Chris

P.S. - As said before.. I'm in for a reasonably priced roadster set.

solrac

• Liked: 52
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-0
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2013, 07:17:24 AM »
Am33r and pslim337 are right.. Unlike u I am a fairly new member here.
We wasn't around for those deals before and yes I am trying to save money where I can. I don't think there is anything wrong with that. Power in numbers. We all get what we need at a good price.
No need to make fun of us just cus we r new and didn't know about ure deals before.
I am in no rush of finishing my build. What is important is that I am learning a lot and having a whole lot of fun while building it. As a matter of fact sooner or later I will be getting ure paddle shift set up and engine cover. All in time tho and well of course u still wanna sell to me. Lol. But when good deals come up well its hard to let them past by.  Lol
If I am wrong by saying that well I guess I'll be getting kicked out of this forum. Lol.

pslim337

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2013, 06:20:30 AM »
Same here I was not around I need the glass I'm willing to pay that's all I'm saying

am33r

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 37
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
  • YOLO
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2013, 01:32:00 AM »
Murci me please run the offer by us again! I wasn't around a build when this took place!

I now have a G28 Roadster what's the deal with True Glass?
Money is not a major factor and I'm going for a plug & play build so retail items make sense. I try to contribute back as I learn & find new short cuts.

Thanks man!