Author Topic: Venta 700 - Aventador  (Read 5670 times)

Robslp640

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • Liked: 2
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-0
Re: Venta 700 - Aventador
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2013, 09:49:45 PM »
I purchased the car from Chris's friend in ohio and it was a eddie nightmare. I have to fiberglass the hole inside again so I could flat sand the entire car and fix the body before copying it. I have 90% of the rev. copied, 

BigPines

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Liked: 272
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-1
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2013, 12:13:27 PM »
I just don't understand this kind of behavior. I Honestly believe these guys could make money without ripping people off. I guess not as much money is the problem.

I'm glad we have each other to learn who is not safe to deal with and who is not.
If I don't have time to do it right, when will I have time to do it over?

Jadams

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 25
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2013, 11:52:29 AM »
Great insight NO BULL!!, I saw were Eddie was selling a 95% finish Reventon on ebay at 35k so I called him setup an appointment to go down there to see the car, I really wasn't impress but however it was nearly complete and my builder (Fieroking) could fix the issues. I setup a payment plan with this Eddie and tried to come see my investment multiple times but he gave me excuses after excuses and I couldn't get the opportunity see my investment since the first day I agree to bye it. Eddie and I agreed that he would ship the car when the balance got down to 1k so that's what I done and when it was time to ship the car he shipped a body on a fiero chassis and it COULD'NT be value at more than 5k. I flew down to Idaho after Fieroking "skyped" with me the body he sent. We made a video and took lots of pictures and I and Fieroking tried to contact Eddie and Eddie talked really bad to Fieroking because Fieroking wanted to know why he didn't send the car he suppose to send. Eddie stays 5minutes from the police department. When I went there the Chief told me he saw that car on a uhaul flatbed. It became a civil case because Eddie sent "something" so buyers beaware. I tried to contact Eddie and he said he would make things right but instead he didn't. EDDIE IS GREAT AT TAKEN YOUR MONEY AND SAYING YOU ARE HARASSING HIM, THAT IS HIS DEFENSE!. Here is the kicker Eddie had the never to ask me to send him the reminder of the balance before he would send the title to the fiero that he shipped with the car so I "NEVER" got the title. Oh another thing is that the car I agreed to buy and saw was a manual but he sent a automatic. I really believed these guys to be honest when I first meet them and I felt comfortable buying from them but "OH WAS I WRONG"! The building that you see in his Aventador video were it shows the cutting of the wood ,"I was in there". Just don't understand why people do things like this and never try to fix it. Will post pictures and video soon.

No Bull

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • Liked: 299
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
  • Replication is the sincerest form of flattery
Re: The Venta700 Body kit
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2013, 10:39:34 AM »
Previous work (pictures taken of Jeff's Reventon sold to him by Eddie).

I'll let the pictures speak for themselves and If you are ok with quality at this level, then yes this is probably for you.  At 20 feet away the body looked decent but spending a little time and getting closer uncovered the many flaws.

The fiberglass was very inconsistent and the surface was horrible.  When building one of these cars you can expect to do some filling and finish work but this was extreme.  The body wasn't "square" and the rear wheel arches were different dimensions which would've called for sectioning the body and reworking a lot of major lines. 

I personally don't have a dog in this fight and I'm just telling you what I seen come back from Myrtle Beach.  Once Jeff did some measuring and starting looking at the fiberglass more closely, he decided the best thing to do (for him) was bail on it and he lost about half of what he paid for it in the process.

Chris

« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 11:23:32 AM by No Bull »

No Bull

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • Liked: 299
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
  • Replication is the sincerest form of flattery
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2013, 06:24:10 AM »
This is Eddy F Wahba ( From South Carolina).

I believe that you are 100% on this one.

I typically try to be fair an remain neutral about people that are selling parts on this site, however based upon the quality of work that I've seen up close on one of his Reventon bodies he sold to a good friend in Ohio, I would not buy anything from this seller.  There are more bad stories out there if you look around and obviously he's ruined his name "Eddie" in this business.  I was personally involved in helping a good friend make the best out of a really bad situation and he ended up passing everything onto another guy (unmounted body) at a huge loss with the understanding that the next guy would fix everything and use it as a buck for new molds.

Chris

am33r

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 37
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
  • YOLO
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2013, 02:13:53 AM »
Hi

What city is this in? and can we come pay and Pick Up the item ourselves?

Murci-Me

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2013, 12:17:51 AM »
Wheres the rest of the car? I did alot of CNC work when I worked at Imagineering. We always used a very high density foam for all of our plugs, because wood was to unstable due to humidity and vibrations when milling. I've never heard that milling out of wood was better or created better fitting parts, so this claim is a bit baffling to me especially since my experiences have taught me the opposite.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 12:41:56 AM by Murci-Me »

Jadams

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 25
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2013, 12:11:28 AM »
This is Eddy F Wahba ( From South Carolina).

Venta700

• Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
Venta 700 - Aventador
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2013, 12:06:11 AM »
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 09:37:55 AM by Venta700 »