Author Topic: Advice on Ticket.  (Read 6737 times)

satinta

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 12
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
Re: Advice on Ticket.
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2013, 11:27:04 AM »
Here is a quick article by Adam Carolla.

http://www.ebaymotorsblog.com/why-i-dont-drive-my-miuras/

He is surprisingly politically correct but if you read between the lines I think he agrees on what we are saying here.

Murci-Me

« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2013, 06:10:36 PM »
Pedro, if you are referring to the U.S., I wholeheartedly agree. ::usa I am a patriot. ::thumbup I am nevertheless concerned about the direction we are headed as a country.

If you are referring to California in particular, I respectfully disagree. California is a beautiful place that has basically been politically ruined beyond repair. I don't think it will ever have the glory it once did. It is very sad because it is such a beautiful place with so much potential.

Mike

Well said  ;)

dratts

• Liked: 14
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2013, 03:19:29 PM »
I've experienced both sides of this coin.  Some police seem to have me in their sights and some seem to like the car.  The last ticket I was issued was dismissed by the judge without me saying a word.

satinta

« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2013, 03:05:28 PM »
Whats on the plates has nothing to do with it, it happened long before I had vanity plates. The problem is that when the cops see the car, they assume its a celebrity inside. They run the plate to see who it is, and the car comes up as a '86 Fiero. Automatically they assume its either a stolen plate on a Lamborghini, or a stolen Lamborghini.

So they are just ignorant. I have to say it's not that bad here in Arizona.  The Police are courteous here for the most part. On the other hand one of them shot my friend David for being black in a Corvette....   

BigPines

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Liked: 272
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-1
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2013, 02:54:37 PM »
Pedro, if you are referring to the U.S., I wholeheartedly agree. ::usa I am a patriot. ::thumbup I am nevertheless concerned about the direction we are headed as a country.

If you are referring to California in particular, I respectfully disagree. California is a beautiful place that has basically been politically ruined beyond repair. I don't think it will ever have the glory it once did. It is very sad because it is such a beautiful place with so much potential.

Mike
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 02:58:20 PM by BigPines »
If I don't have time to do it right, when will I have time to do it over?

autopro

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • Liked: 1204
  • Member Rating Points: +43/-1
  • Tijuana/San Diego
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2013, 01:54:03 PM »
Still the best my friend  ::thumbup
Pedro

BigPines

« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2013, 12:47:10 AM »
When I have my state issued CA plates on the car its not so easy though. I notice the red lights in my rear view mirror, so I pull over. I'm then ordered out of the car at gunpoint, and ordered to lay face down on the asphalt with my arms out to the side. Then one officer comes (with the other still holding me at gunpoint) and cuffs me, then puts me in the back of the cruiser. Before anything is even said to me, or i'm given a chance to explain anything, the car is being searched and torn apart.
Once they fnd nothing, they come back to the cruiser and ask me their moronic questions. Once everything checks out, im released (always without a ticket) and they go on their way.
Honestly, this doesn't surprise me at all. I have had guns drawn on me and I've been handcuffed too and I'm not even driving a Lambo yet. It is hard for people to believe it is this bad here but it is. We are quite literally living in a police state. ::police

Murci-Me

« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2013, 12:20:29 AM »
Whats on the plates has nothing to do with it, it happened long before I had vanity plates. The problem is that when the cops see the car, they assume its a celebrity inside. They run the plate to see who it is, and the car comes up as a '86 Fiero. Automatically they assume its either a stolen plate on a Lamborghini, or a stolen Lamborghini.
So, is Adelitas still jumpin? There is some incredible talent at that club  :)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 12:22:51 AM by Murci-Me »

Tusabes

• Liked: 127
  • Member Rating Points: +8/-2
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2013, 10:57:22 PM »
The cops in tj will still pull you over , but once you pay the $20 mordida you'll be on your way ;)

autopro

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • Liked: 1204
  • Member Rating Points: +43/-1
  • Tijuana/San Diego
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2013, 08:37:53 PM »
Just come down to Tijuana with your car, the cops down here won't care what plate you have on your car, we can even borrow some Mexican plates for it while your here  :P

I'll buy you some beers  ::beers you know where  :drool
Pedro

satinta

« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2013, 08:19:06 PM »
I get pulled over for 2 reasons. Number one is for having my California plates on the car, and number two is for having my euro plates on the car.
I prefer to get pulled over for the euro plate, so I keep it on my car at all times. I'll usually notice the red light in the rear view mirror, and pull over. The cop comes walking up, yadda yadda yadda, and I get a ticket . When I have my state issued CA plates on the car its not so easy though. I notice the red lights in my rear view mirror, so I pull over. I'm then ordered out of the car at gunpoint, and ordered to lay face down on the asphalt with my arms out to the side. Then one officer comes (with the other still holding me at gunpoint) and cuffs me, then puts me in the back of the cruiser. Before anything is even said to me, or i'm given a chance to explain anything, the car is being searched and torn apart.
Once they fnd nothing, they come back to the cruiser and ask me their moronic questions. Once everything checks out, im released (always without a ticket) and they go on their way.
This has happened to me 7 times in the past, always when I have my CA plate on the car. I will never put it on again, I would rather have the $25 ticket than suffer that type of treatment and humiliation, and possibly get accidentally shot.

Maybe it's the reference on the plate. Get a standard plate for a while and see if there's a difference.

Murci-Me

« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2013, 07:37:10 PM »
I'll keep everybody posted.
Yes, I get pulled over almost every time I take the car out, I would say about 80% of the time. Its NEVER because of tinted windows though, I can say in all the times i've been pulled over the tint on the windows have never even been mentioned.
I get pulled over for 2 reasons. Number one is for having my California plates on the car, and number two is for having my euro plates on the car.
I prefer to get pulled over for the euro plate, so I keep it on my car at all times. I'll usually notice the red light in the rear view mirror, and pull over. The cop comes walking up, yadda yadda yadda, and I get a ticket . When I have my state issued CA plates on the car its not so easy though. I notice the red lights in my rear view mirror, so I pull over. I'm then ordered out of the car at gunpoint, and ordered to lay face down on the asphalt with my arms out to the side. Then one officer comes (with the other still holding me at gunpoint) and cuffs me, then puts me in the back of the cruiser. Before anything is even said to me, or i'm given a chance to explain anything, the car is being searched and torn apart.
This has happened to me 7 times in the past, always when I have my CA plate on the car. I will never put it on again, I would rather have the $25 ticket than suffer that type of treatment and humiliation, and possibly get accidentally shot.

Tusabes

• Liked: 127
  • Member Rating Points: +8/-2
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2013, 01:02:54 PM »
It's a lambo
Whether real or fake, you can bet you'll be pulled over

BigPines

« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2013, 09:45:47 AM »
I feel your pain Mike. I wish I had a good answer for you. This kind of thing has happened to me too. We are constantly being harassed here. Some of it (like in your situation) is just plain incompetence. They are allowed any mistake - like not turning in the ticket to the "court" - and I use the term court loosely. Yes, this has happened to me too. Law enforcement doesn't seem to have to follow any rules yet they are waiting to pounce on citizens for the slightest infraction even if there is a good chance the citizen doesn't know what is required/expected of them. As they always say... "Ignorance is no excuse." They make up their own rules as they go along and we have no choice. We basically have no rights because they can suspend any of our rights anytime they feel like it. Who is going to stop them? What it all boils down to is extortion. These guys (and gals) have a legal means to extort money from citizens. It is just a big cash register. As a whole, they don't care about the citizens or our society. I have had enough experience over the years to honestly believe that.

I will be very interested to hear what happens with this. Please keep us updated.

BTW, if you get pulled over nearly every time you drive your car, maybe I don't want to build one of these things after all! ;)

Nitemare

« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2013, 09:26:50 AM »
Actually, yes I do. It is a matter of integrity. How can you enforce a law you know to be wrong? That is like saying nobody should be responsible for war crimes because at the time they committed the acts, they were completely within the law. Whatever our chosen occupations, each of us have the responsibility to say no if we are being asked to do something we know isn't right. Come to think of it, that may be one of the reasons there are less and less good cops. A lot of good people may have decided they couldn't in good conscience continue to do the job.
It's all about $ what can ya do.. some people become lawyers so they can defend obvious murderers.
I'm glad I don't live there because it's not the easiest thing to just move somewhere else, same thing with the cop who shouldn't want to enforce such laws.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 09:37:17 AM by Nitemare »