Author Topic: Advice on Ticket.  (Read 6738 times)

am33r

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 37
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
  • YOLO
Re: Advice on Ticket.
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2013, 05:57:20 AM »
Mike.

It seems you are singing to deaf trees and no results will arise from negotiations with them.

DMV is a private property, and when you showed them your car there an officer should not give you Tinted Windows ticket on a car he didn't catch you driving with the windows rolled up. To have tinted windows and they are rolled down into the door is legal - what is not legal in CA is to drive on public roads with the tinted windows rolled up. If a car is parked and the tinted windows are up then you should not recieve a ticket.

Here is what I suggest - try it soon

- Lower the windows down and Remove the window fuse.
- Take the Plates Ticket to a different CHP station and sign it off while the windows are down.
- Take the car to another CHP station and sign off the glass saying it is impossible to remove a tint from a glass that does not roll up! Their demand that "No Tinted window is in the area where the glass occupies while it is rolled up" would then be satisfied!

My general opinion regarding this matter is that I PAY to drive the way I LIKE (: not everyone has the means to do so.  I drove my lotus for over 2 years with a Foreign License Plate and paid three tickets and refused to change it lol I wanna drive outside the law, fine, I will just pay them to shut them up and I will do what I like

solrac

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 52
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-0
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2013, 03:15:35 AM »
go to http://www.lasuperiorcourt.org/
do the online thing. check by DL.
u can just pay the ticket and never show up to court.
keep ure windows tinted and u already got the licent plate sign off so ure good after that

satinta

• Liked: 12
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2013, 02:48:45 AM »
They can do that.  If you don't want a warrant then show up when they tell you.

Remember, it's their game so play by their rules and don't get caught. 

Murci-Me

Advice on Ticket.
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2013, 11:08:49 PM »
Back in the begining of February, I got a ticket for not having plates on my Lambo. It was issued by the CHP, which are notorious here for being A-holes.
The officer told me that if I take my car into the CHP inspection to have the ticket signed off, I wont be charged an inspection fee like the LAPD or Sheriff will charge.
A week later I took my car into the CHP station with the license plate on, and the "volunteer" outside working the inspections look at my car and said they cant sign off the ticket because both front and rear plates needed to be on the car. So, I drove back home and put the front plate on, then drove back to the inspection station. The same moron was out there, and came over to my car. I handed him the ticket, and he made sure both plates were on the car. Then he says to me that he cant sign off on the ticket because I have tinted windows (true story). I looked at him and said the ticket is not for tinted windows, its for no plates on the car. Then he says he can sign off on the ticket, but he'll have to write me a ticket for the tinted windows, and its gonna be a couple hundred dollars because he has already given me a warning (verbal). I told him that was BS, and didnt appreciate being lied to about this. I told him to write me a ticket for whatever he wanted, but he has to sign off on the license plate ticket now.
Since he was a "volunteer", he personally couldnt write me the tinted window ticket, so he told me I had to go inside. We went in and he told a real officer that my car had tinted windows and needed a ticket written for it.
The officer asked me for my I.D. and started writing the ticket. After he was done he handed me the pad and told me to sign on the line, which I did. When he tore out my copy of the ticket and handed it to me, I noticed it was blank. Apparantly when he wrote the ticket he placed the sepperator in the wrong position and none of his writing transfered to my copy of the ticket. I showed him the problem, and he said it didnt matter because once the ticket gets into the system i'll get a letter in the mail for it anyway, but he then gave me a xerox copy of filled out ticket.
I waited til the last day (as planned) so I could call in and get an extension. The phone tree said the ticket number was not recognizable, and the ticket couldnt be found. I decided to go into the court and see what the problem was. The court clerk said they had no record of the ticket, and wrote me out a slip stating that I did appear at court on the date required. That was a month and a half ago.
Today I got home and checked the mail and there was a letter from the CHP stating that the date to appear on the ticket has been changed now to the middle of next month, and that any corrections need to be signed off before that date. WTF?????
I signed the original ticket promissing to appear on or before the due date. I held up my end of the bargain. Now they send me a letter in the mail saying its a new date? I never signed anything saying I would appear on that date, and they didnt send it registered mail so they have no proof I actually got the letter.
What do you guys think I should do, how should I handle this?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 11:12:39 PM by Murci-Me »