Author Topic: Made my Diablo cooler..  (Read 2351 times)

tonypaul

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 54
  • Member Rating Points: +7/-0
Re: Made my Diablo cooler..
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2012, 06:44:33 PM »
Heres a few pics-
1st pic- is a over all shot
2nd pic- is closer up with the tank cap is on
3rd pic- is with the tank cap off
4th pic- on the opening air duct hole I can reach in and open a valve to drain the tank/ also shows where the big chunk of tire I hit yesterday going down the hwy..... :-[

I couldnt get a good shoot from underneath the car to show how its mounted, but you get the idea anyway.

tonypaul

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 54
  • Member Rating Points: +7/-0
Made my Diablo cooler..
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2012, 10:31:34 PM »
Summer is already here in Texas and getting hot! Due to my custom headers on my sbc I couldnt run a normal a/c setup and I knew I was going to be swapping drive trains in the near future so I just figured I would do with out a/c.  I like to keep the top on and the tinted windows up to stay in stealth mode 8), but its been getting to hot for that so I decided to try to figure out something to help keep the inside cooler.

So what I did is I got a aluminum ice tank, the kind that people use for turbo intercoolers off ebay for $100 and a marine sump pump from Harbor Freight for $35.00. I mounted the ice cooler and pump under the front trunk and feed some hose's to my after market heater. Then I disconnected the heater hoses (looped together) then I wired the pump to the heater switch. I filled the tank with a little water and got a bag of ice and bam I got a cold interior.... It stayed cold/cooler for most of the day. For a $150.00 it works really good!

I was going to upload some pics but the wife took the camera tonight to a party >:(, but I will add them soon...
Just thought I would share my redneck a/c system...