Author Topic: Need advice oa an Murci for sale  (Read 2169 times)

Murci-Me

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Need advice oa an Murci for sale
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2013, 02:53:37 AM »
Yes, over the last 2 years.

Transcend

• Liked: 4
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2013, 01:42:02 AM »
What are you looking for, and how much do you want to spend? I have 4 other G28 coupes that im working on, one pearl red (rosso vic), one black, one pearl lime green, and one dark smoke silver (gregio anteres)

Wow youre a busy guy, four cars at once??

Murci-Me

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2013, 12:32:56 AM »
What are you looking for, and how much do you want to spend? I have 4 other G28 coupes that im working on, one pearl red (rosso vic), one black, one pearl lime green, and one dark smoke silver (gregio anteres)

jw9800

• Liked: 3
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2013, 10:10:36 PM »
That one is sold, my quest to find another one continues.

am33r

• Liked: 37
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
  • YOLO
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2013, 06:06:33 PM »
If you want a nice looking exotic car and are not worried about fooling anyone that it's a murcielago or worried about it being OEM spec Lamborghini then this is a nice build with flaws that can be corrected without an arm and a leg (a mechanical spring popper can open the door in case of battery failure - very simple to install). see what can be done about the AC and Windshield Wiper - those are a must! Also check out the Steering Column and Suspension details - also are important mods! There are no replica Murcies that I know that have 100% functional windoes besides MurciMe's which are as close to perfect as you can get.

This kit-car is one of maybe 20 completed G28 bodies on the US roads today and while it was made to celebrate the beauty of the Murci it is not exactly like any of the 4000 Murcielagos ever made.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 06:08:18 PM by am33r »

jw9800

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2013, 06:02:49 PM »
Thanks for the response. Yea, it doesn't have door handles that open from the outside or the inside for that matter. Let alone no power windows which I see on a lot of cars on Ebay. I wonder why the guy who made it, put the turn signal lights down in the grills instead of where they are suppose to go. It looks pretty clean otherwise but there is a lot to fix on it to make it right.

LamboJayso

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Liked: 17
  • Member Rating Points: +6/-2
  • Experience is everything!
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2013, 03:42:45 PM »
- Yeaa I see what he's talking about with the door hinges. Both solutions he proposed may work, especially the second solution. You won't really know if the first solution will work until after you purchase the car. But, if it's that simple for him to have someone re-weld the hinges properly, why won't he do it then?

- You mean the car doesn't have outer door handles not door latches? Yeaa that's also a reasonable concern to have in the event the door poppers malfunction.

- In my opinion it's not a good buy because of all the obvious flaws and also b/c the kit isn't even remotely accurate. If I were buying though, I'd pay $15k for it.

Welcome by the way.

-Jayso

-Jayso

jw9800

Need advice oa an Murci for sale
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2013, 02:22:41 PM »
Hi,
I'm new here and I have been looking for a Murci for a while now. I came across one on Ebay that I have been watching. I'm sure you experts have seen this already. I don't have a big budget, maybe mid 20's for a almost completed one or one I can finish. Here is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Replica-Kit-Makes-Lamborghini-Murcielago-LP650-LP650-/281112424105?_trksid=p4506.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D2%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D7958360667992808415

A couple of things I am worried about. One if you watch the video, the door hinges are hitting the wheels when they turn. He points this out in the video. Also there is no door latches and no wipers for the windshield.  Also, the turn signals are down in the grills in front. Does anyone have advice if this is a good buy or not?