Author Topic: Does Anyone Make Legit Replica LP640 Tail Lights?  (Read 10397 times)

BigPines

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Liked: 272
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-1
Does Anyone Make Legit Replica LP640 Tail Lights?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2013, 05:16:15 PM »
I want to start by saying that I don't mean any offense to anyone no matter what they have decided to do with their tail lights. We all have to make different decisions and compromises on these cars. I get that. However, I haven't seen any replica tail lights so far that look close enough to OEM for my liking.

Tail lights are one of the things I really don't want to go cheap on because in my opinion, they make a big difference in the overall build. However, OEM lights are simply too expensive. $4,000 for a couple of plastic parts? Come on now... As such, this is one area where I am trying to figure out how to save some money.

One option is to make do with some regular OEM Murcielago tail light lenses if I can get them cheap enough. It really isn't what I want and they aren't cheap either but I think if I watch eBay long enough, I could get a good enough deal. I think jamack also said he had a source for some "cheap" $2,200 a pair new LP640 tail lights. Is that right jamack? Even if that is the case, it is still a lot of money.

What I would really like to find are some nicely done replica LP640 tail lights. Do they exist? If so, I sure haven't seen them. If I could find some done right, even if they cost several hundred dollars, I think it would be the way to go. I heard rumblings that someone was making molds of some OEM tail lights. Did this ever happen? Does italianknightrider make any?

Mike
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 05:30:48 PM by BigPines »
If I don't have time to do it right, when will I have time to do it over?