Author Topic: firebird then now Mercy-4??  (Read 4533 times)

Tallon

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 186
  • Member Rating Points: +18/-5
Re: firebird then now Mercy-4??
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2012, 04:57:38 PM »
yea I'm definitely jealous of the wheels currently on it though  :'(

MDMurcy2

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 54
  • Member Rating Points: +6/-0
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2012, 02:05:05 PM »

I agree with you.  These guys aren't the most talented when it comes to design and how something should look.  But I think this car has some potential in the right hands.  I think they need to cut out the front wheel wells more and lower the front even more to get it sitting right.  It'll never look like an OEM Murcielago but it could be something like "inspired by" or something like that.  If done right, it will still look better than most of what's on the road.  I modified one of their pics...with the wheel well cut out more it looks much better than that goofy fender they got on it now.

That does look a bit better.  I agree that if they had cut that wheel well and lowered the car it could have made a drastic difference.   Then also they wouldnt have needed that lip on the front spoiler.   It could really use some more modifications and perhaps look a little more respectable.  The tail lights as well, I dont understand......They have the buckets they supply with the kits, they have the replica lenses.   All they have to do is use some 4" LED trailer lights inside and that alone would look better than the Nissan taillight setup.  Probably easier I would think as well. 
Keep dreamin if you want to, I'm building mine!  And I'm almost done!

notnilc20

• Liked: 174
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2012, 01:38:07 PM »
I respect them for being able to finish a car and it doesn't look like the worst car I've seen, they just wanted to try their own thing. The thing I don't like the most is the taillights but it seems they could have used oem lights if they wanted to since they were able to put hermera wheels on there? or narkids?
I'm sure a lot of people wouldn't know the difference between this car and a real murcie anyway. That's what sucks about putting all the details in our cars, no one will notice. It's mostly a thing we do to satisfy ourselves because we know how the car is meant to look. Some of those custom modified oem cars don't even resemble the original look anymore than this car does.

But yeah I wouldn't call it a replica because it's not attempting to fully replicate the car, similar to the vendetta. I know, the logos shouldn't be there but there's no oem emblems at least.

I agree with you.  These guys aren't the most talented when it comes to design and how something should look.  But I think this car has some potential in the right hands.  I think they need to cut out the front wheel wells more and lower the front even more to get it sitting right.  It'll never look like an OEM Murcielago but it could be something like "inspired by" or something like that.  If done right, it will still look better than most of what's on the road.  I modified one of their pics...with the wheel well cut out more it looks much better than that goofy fender they got on it now. 
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 01:39:59 PM by notnilc20 »

Tallon

• Liked: 186
  • Member Rating Points: +18/-5
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2012, 10:30:49 AM »
I respect them for being able to finish a car and it doesn't look like the worst car I've seen, they just wanted to try their own thing. The thing I don't like the most is the taillights but it seems they could have used oem lights if they wanted to since they were able to put hermera wheels on there? or narkids?
I'm sure a lot of people wouldn't know the difference between this car and a real murcie anyway. That's what sucks about putting all the details in our cars, no one will notice. It's mostly a thing we do to satisfy ourselves because we know how the car is meant to look. Some of those custom modified oem cars don't even resemble the original look anymore than this car does.

But yeah I wouldn't call it a replica because it's not attempting to fully replicate the car, similar to the vendetta. I know, the logos shouldn't be there but there's no oem emblems at least.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 10:42:31 AM by Tallon »

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Liked: 418
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-0
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2012, 09:05:53 AM »
Im not a big fan of the front at all :-\. The rear looks ok ??? If someone decides to build one it will be the forums first and It will have everyones total support, i'm sure!

CCIE

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 96
  • Member Rating Points: +12/-0
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2012, 10:25:42 PM »
OOOOOOOOOOOOOO      ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)              That is hotttttttt........ I LIKE!!!!!!!!!         8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

What what WHAT WHAT WHAT..... The Chicks I like the chicks not the silly looking rebodied Firebird.... You silly.......
                                                                     :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 10:31:00 PM by CCIE »

MDMurcy2

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 54
  • Member Rating Points: +6/-0
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2012, 10:21:30 PM »
I think it's totally wrong that they combining pictures of real Lambo's with pictures of a Firebird donor and what they are calling a Mercy 4. 

To be blunt.. I really don't like this car and I think that between the distorted front end and all the effort you'd have in changes to a GM F body donor.. it's simply not worth it. 

Chris

Its far worse in person.....I've seen it twice in person!  I couldn't believe how proud they were of it.  What really crossed the line for me is the addition of the emblems and Lamborghini logos.  A shame for someone to place those names on this car.  It shouldn't be called a replica in my opinion, it is so distorted, it couldn't even fool someone that has never seen one.   The only thing I have to give these guys is their dedication and hard work, they said they would do this thing and they did.

Mitch
Keep dreamin if you want to, I'm building mine!  And I'm almost done!

No Bull

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • Liked: 299
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
  • Replication is the sincerest form of flattery
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2012, 09:32:55 PM »
I think it's totally wrong that they combining pictures of real Lambo's with pictures of a Firebird donor and what they are calling a Mercy 4. 

To be blunt.. I really don't like this car and I think that between the distorted front end and all the effort you'd have in changes to a GM F body donor.. it's simply not worth it. 

Chris

eddie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 286
  • Member Rating Points: +19/-2