Author Topic: New to the forum  (Read 1687 times)

am33r

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 37
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
  • YOLO
Re: New to the forum
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2013, 09:48:25 PM »
xool buddy! Best of luck - there are 20 Murci builds on this forum - I think 5 on MR2 and 5 on tube chassis - 10 on Fieros..  Kind of lol half of them came from the west coast (Triangle G, Inland Exotics, RobsLP650) and the other half from CarKitInc - and then you have Bierhenzel who built a whole car from scratch & Jayso working on John Watson OEM body. Not exact figures here but that's what we've got... Murci Me had the oldest build here and it is as close to OEM as can be- over $50K invested + years of build & mods. I am the last to start one here so I come here often and read a lot I the past few months... Also Jayso had completed and sold one a while back - besides those two the rest of us Are in stages ranging from just donr body-mounting like my case to Jett's chaos build that is almost complete
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 09:50:28 PM by am33r »

Ricker526

• Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2013, 09:13:13 PM »
@ Amr.

As for power I guess it would depend on the donor car. My end game result would be a car that has some pep but is also financially realistic and is able to do some freeway driving. I'm not personally stuck on a v6, v8 etc...  For me reliability and ease of maintenance is key.

Interior, nice LCD in the center console with navigation and a bad to the bone cold a/c. ( I live in the sunshine and humidity state of Florida) I've been looking at the option of a removable top. And of course nice leather seats. Other than that I'm open to options. 

Exterior wise I'm a big fan of the gotta have it green with tasteful black and brushed metal accents.

As for car experience, I'm a tinkerer. I've got a 91 z28 right now that I've been fixing up and for the stuff I don't know I've got an awesome mechanic friend who's retired and likes to hang out. I'm decent at sculpting and working with mixed medias although I've never made large scale molds. I know how to use rtv and silicone to cast in resin and vacu-forming. As well as anything paint and house related ;). I'm sure if there was room I'd be able to put a bathroom in the car. 
All things aside I want this project to push my skills to the edge so when I am complete I cam say that "I built that" when asked about the vehicle.

am33r

• Liked: 37
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
  • YOLO
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2013, 06:21:26 PM »
 ::wave hope you enjoy your time here. The crew here is very helpful - I'm 7 weeks into my build so if you need help let us know

I'm glad you are building a Murcy type car that is not OEM - a bunch of us here are building different variations while the main kits are actually the same.

So- tell us about this replica you want to make.

Chassis - power - top - color - interior - options - style - personal touches...

Those preferences may evolve or change with time (: but what do u have on mind for now.

Also what type of auto work can you do etc
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 06:25:30 PM by am33r »

Ricker526

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2013, 12:12:31 PM »
Yeah I have a concept of what it will take to build one of these replicas. But that being said, I will only truly find out once I'm well under way. I've flipped houses before and know how little details surface and how they affect the bottom line. 

Any good places to start looking for a kit? My first attempt at building will probably not be an accurate replica but more of a themed vehicle that resembles its matured and refined oem parent.

RT

• Liked: 308
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-0
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2013, 11:08:00 AM »
Ricker526...
Welcome to the wonderful world of replicas.
I hope you understand what you are in for.
These are not kits where you buy a box of parts and just put them together.
If you are up to the challenge, take a deep breath and "jump into the pool".
I stand by my signature line:
"It's not enough to want a Lambo, you have to want to BUILD A CAR."
Lots of help here just for the asking.

RT
It isn't enough to want a Lambo, you have to want to BUILD A CAR.

01Lambiero

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 403
  • Member Rating Points: +24/-3
  • "Using the skills that God gave me"
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2013, 09:03:03 AM »
Welcome Ricker526.  Hope that you find the info here that you are looking for.  Don't take time from your family to work on it though.  Enjoy the trip not just the ride. ::wave ::LAMBO

Jim
20 yr. GM Niase certified Auto Mechanic (Tune-Up, Brakes, & Heavy Repair)
24 yr. GM Automated/Robotic Welding Systems
Retired

Ricker526

New to the forum
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2013, 08:46:25 AM »
Hey forum guys, new to this site.  Hopefully I will be building soon. I just moved to a new place with a decent garage/ workshop. I will be looking to build a mercy replica sometime in the next year.