Author Topic: Murci G28 build "Chaos"  (Read 239712 times)

BigPines

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Liked: 272
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-1
Re: Murci G28 build "Chaos"
« Reply #565 on: October 21, 2013, 08:01:45 PM »
Thursday Texas and I are flying out to LA to meet with Autopro, Batbuilder, and Victor (DrMurcielago). We are going to try to score some good oem parts to copy! Gonna be a great trip, wish it was going to be longer. We will only be staying until saturday morning.

Dustin
I wish I could meet up you you guys but I gotta work. Good luck on finding some treasures!
If I don't have time to do it right, when will I have time to do it over?

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Liked: 418
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-0
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #564 on: October 21, 2013, 01:08:28 PM »
One more

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #563 on: October 21, 2013, 01:07:01 PM »
Couple pictures from this weekend

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #562 on: October 21, 2013, 12:55:23 PM »
Proud of your efforts & dedication on your car, looks great ,don,t forget to thank the wife for giving up the time you have spent in the Man cave working on your car. you are almost in the 3% club .... 

Thanks IKR...!

I took the car to my buddies alignment shop and he has the Lamborghini Murcielago's original alignment specs on his machine! So I had the car aligned to OEM Lambroghini specs. I dont know if it helped over a regualr alignment or not but it drives FANTASTIC, like a big go cart no slack, extremly tight steering, I put about 100 miles on it over the weekend with no problems! Hoping to have the body on in the next couple weeks.

Thursday Texas and I are flying out to LA to meet with Autopro, Batbuilder, and Victor (DrMurcielago). We are going to try to score some good oem parts to copy! Gonna be a great trip, wish it was going to be longer. We will only be staying until saturday morning.

Dustin

italianknightrider

• IKR
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Liked: 79
  • Member Rating Points: +36/-2
  • LAMBOCLONE MAFIA - Administrator / Owner
« Reply #561 on: October 16, 2013, 04:43:42 PM »
Proud of your efforts & dedication on your car, looks great ,don,t forget to thank the wife for giving up the time you have spent in the Man cave working on your car. you are almost in the 3% club .... 
We hope our post help someone finish their build or get them interested in our hobby and start a build.

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #560 on: October 16, 2013, 08:25:43 AM »
Got the inner fenders made last night, they fit nice and snug to the body, however, I left a small 1"-2" gap so I could run a thin layer of rubber between the gap and the inner fenders and the body..

If I can get the Alternator issue fixed and the AC lines connected to the new AC compressor Ill be ready to install the body for good ::toothy I cant wait...

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #559 on: October 15, 2013, 08:44:08 AM »
Started fitting the pads and ash try lid into the console lid and hingeing them. Yesterday I bought more metal to make inner fenders so tonight I plan on tackling that so I can get it aligned tomorrow.

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #558 on: October 15, 2013, 08:39:58 AM »
Some minor updates, I shot a video of me driving the chassis through campus over the weekend. It did really good but I noticed the alternator isn't charging (I know know why, but ill pot this in a new thread) everything else went relatively good  ::headbang

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #557 on: October 15, 2013, 08:28:49 AM »
Here's a thing: I've been controlling my auto since 2011 using a linear actuator with feedback controlled by a Pololu JRK. No issues at all, and I use my car almost evryday.

Reason for joining and this mail? I've been looking to change my gear selector from a analogue input (rotary switched resistor values) on the JRK to a serial control using an Arduino. Just love to know your experiences in terms of day to day reliability. Also, has enyone suggested some "safety conditionals" - such as requiring an input from the brake pedal, such that a brake depress is required for a change to reverse?

Also, could you kindly post up your latest arduino code?

Amazing to see other people have gone for the very same solution with the Pololu JRK - I'm not alone!

p.s. Apologies to all if this isn't in the right thread..

Welcome to Lambo Clone! I thought I was the only one doing the paddle setup using any of these parts. I looked forever for code and others for input. However to answer your question, ive only had the chassis on the road for about a week and as far as the paddle shift goes it seems to be working fine. All the code that has been written is in the link above. As far as safety the only thing that has been done is the Arduino will put the car in park every time you turn the key on this insures that you don't start it up in gear and the paddles only go 1st gear through Drive so you can't go into Neutral, Reverse or Park without hitting the buttons on the E gear panel. I may go back later and add more security measures but for now that is how the code is written  ::beers

Dustin

Gilbo65

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #556 on: October 13, 2013, 02:04:07 PM »
Are your paddle shifters functional?  If so, do you have details on how you hooked yours up? 
I think I have mine figured out and will be posting data as soon as I believe I am correct :)

Yes they are... Here is the complete build thread on it http://lamboclone.com/index.php?topic=232.0

Here's a thing: I've been controlling my auto since 2011 using a linear actuator with feedback controlled by a Pololu JRK. No issues at all, and I use my car almost evryday.

Reason for joining and this mail? I've been looking to change my gear selector from a analogue input (rotary switched resistor values) on the JRK to a serial control using an Arduino. Just love to know your experiences in terms of day to day reliability. Also, has enyone suggested some "safety conditionals" - such as requiring an input from the brake pedal, such that a brake depress is required for a change to reverse?

Also, could you kindly post up your latest arduino code?

Amazing to see other people have gone for the very same solution with the Pololu JRK - I'm not alone!

p.s. Apologies to all if this isn't in the right thread..
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 02:34:02 PM by Gilbo65 »

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #555 on: October 10, 2013, 09:45:09 AM »
Well since the car is tagged and insured now I fugured it was time to sneak down to the store last night  ::tongue No videos just yet but I will get one up soon. Let me tell you those tires that are on there have zero grip the built SC3800 rips the tires loose and the sound of the supercharger sound awesome  ::toothy

Pictures are kinda crappy it was dark and I didnt park in the front  ::counfused

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #554 on: October 10, 2013, 09:00:29 AM »
Are your paddle shifters functional?  If so, do you have details on how you hooked yours up? 
I think I have mine figured out and will be posting data as soon as I believe I am correct :)

Yes they are... Here is the complete build thread on it http://lamboclone.com/index.php?topic=232.0

pkovgolf

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-2
« Reply #553 on: October 09, 2013, 02:50:31 PM »

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #552 on: October 09, 2013, 08:40:53 AM »
Thanks Mitch, cant wait to get as far along as you  ::beers

Got The Hummer seat belts installed and working like OEM. Just a note to all Fiero Chassis builders; the Fiero center tunnel is about 2" to tall and will affect the distance between the top of the armrest and the Safety Belt cover (wont be OEM distance) Ive decided to not cut the Fiero tunnel down to keep room for all of the wires, I will just make it work. Also the original Murci back firewall is straight up and down and the Fiero is angled so there will be a gap that will need to be fixed on the console armrest piece. Other than those issues everything else went great!

This is all just dry fitting parts, there will be less of gaps once trim, carpet and parts are covered...

MDMurcy2

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 54
  • Member Rating Points: +6/-0
« Reply #551 on: October 08, 2013, 09:43:56 PM »
Pics, Pics, Pics,  Never get tired of pics.  Its looking great!   Very clean work!
Keep dreamin if you want to, I'm building mine!  And I'm almost done!