Author Topic: Murci G28 build "Chaos"  (Read 239115 times)

Tallon

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 186
  • Member Rating Points: +18/-5
Re: Murci G28 build "Chaos"
« Reply #85 on: June 13, 2012, 05:42:06 PM »
lights are so awesome

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Liked: 418
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-0
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #84 on: June 13, 2012, 03:22:29 PM »
Also started on trimming the body to fit the LP640 Tail lights but cant go any further until I get some rear grills... ::scratch

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #83 on: June 13, 2012, 03:19:13 PM »
Little more work and pictures. I got the other bat wing working and somewhat finished. I still need to finnish welding the frames up reattach them with 3M adhesive and fiberglass the back side of them for completion. I will do all of that once I get my batwing sides in and my actuators mounted and working.

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #82 on: June 12, 2012, 12:34:53 PM »
Hey Autopro, I actually got the 640 taillights with the car, that was one thing I made sure was there!

On the paint I did change my mind from black to orange. Everyone kept talking about how the dark colors effect the fiberglass in the sun and in southern US it gets HOT (not telling you anything you dont alredy know 8) ) So I decided I was going to go with a OEM Murci white, then I remembered Murci-me's car is white and Digibeam is going with white and so is Tallon. I know we are all on other sides of the country from each other but we are a small family in this hobby so I figured a little diversity with color would be best.

The doors aren't mounted yet  ::sad I just set them up there for a visual and to see how they lined up. I do have all of my metal to start working on them, it shouldn't be long before I get them moving on there own! The hardest part on the door for me will be finding a point on the chassis to mount the door hinge tab and still let the Maxima windshield go through without touching anything metal. The rest won't be that bad I don't think. The bat wings suck because they want to be flat instead of curved so trying to bend the metal and pull and attach the fiberglass sucks then keeping the top hinge straight so it lines up with the rear hatch is a PITA ::thumbup

Thanks for the comment!
Dustin
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 12:36:32 PM by usmc_butler »

autopro

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • Liked: 1204
  • Member Rating Points: +43/-1
  • Tijuana/San Diego
« Reply #81 on: June 12, 2012, 09:32:41 AM »
Nice tail lights where did you score those?  Tail lights are one of the items on my wish list right now but all the ones I have seen are much dinero!  I am glad to see that you have been putting a lot of work into your car Dustin, you are moving right along.

What happened to your signature?  Are you changing your mind on the color for your car?  I know it’s difficult to decide on a color, for me it’s one of the most important parts of the build.  This is one part where you can’t cut corners or all your hard work goes to crap.

Those batwings do look like fun, but I bet they don’t compare to the doors right?  I see by the pictures that you have the driver’s side mounted and it looks pretty darn good, it seems to line up well.  Maybe you can take some pictures of your framing, latches and hinges to see what you did on those.  Good job brother!
Pedro

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #80 on: June 11, 2012, 08:03:48 AM »
Worked on my Bat Wings some this weekend. The way they need to twist, almost flat at the bottom and curve with the engine hatch at the top. Needless to say they aren't very fun. They still need finished up, here are a few pictures of something what they will look like.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 08:13:19 AM by usmc_butler »

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #79 on: June 06, 2012, 10:03:17 AM »
The last thing I had time to do is mount my 2nd bar to use for the bat wing pivot point.
There will be cross bracing and sheet metal cover between these along with another SECRET plan I have ::tongue

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #78 on: June 06, 2012, 09:58:35 AM »
Temporally mounted the OEM rear tag light grill for fitment and it fit near perfect ::toothy and held the OEM 640 light up to check alignment.

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #77 on: June 06, 2012, 09:55:23 AM »
Next I had to trim 1/2 inch off of each side of the trunk access panel to got it to sit correctly on the body.

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #76 on: June 06, 2012, 09:51:45 AM »
Made a little progress last night on my rear engine cover,  trunk piece (OEM exhaust access hatch ::scratch ), batwing framing & OEM tail light location.

I had to split the hatch down the middle the louvers were to long and bow'd way to much and temporarily mounted metal bracing to keep them correct until and can plate metal them in place and refiberglass them back together

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #75 on: June 06, 2012, 09:36:23 AM »
Look what I got in the mail yesterday  ::headbang ! Hope I can find a radio surround that will work for it since it is a singe din not a double din ::counfused

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #74 on: June 04, 2012, 01:26:32 PM »
Ok so I need to do some trimming on the wheel opening front and rear. I am also going to need new tires if I plan on keeping the 20" wheels Ive done a little research and the tires sizes I found are 255/30/20 for the front (25.5") and 305/25/20 for the rear (26"), the tires I have now measure 26.5" (front) and 29" (rear). Does anybody know what the OEM gap needs to be from the body line down to the fender well opening on the front and the rear?

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
Re: Murci LP640 build named "Chaos"
« Reply #73 on: May 30, 2012, 08:36:04 AM »
Aslo had a little time to start on some of the mounting points and minor suspension trimming and welding. It will still need lots more, I just ran out of time and material last night ::counfused. Trying to get the rear ready for the 2 radiators to be mounted and plumed for cooling.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 08:37:40 AM by usmc_butler »

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #72 on: May 30, 2012, 08:32:39 AM »
I worked on my quarter window piece's last night and got both of them mocked up ready for glass. They could still use a little  ::help to be better

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #71 on: May 23, 2012, 10:18:07 PM »
Sure is quiet around here this evening. Guess lots of work going on  :o hopfully lots of pictures in the morning ;D! I got a little done lately, new tranny cooler mounted and hoses plummed. Starting and running off of the key, WITH OIL PRESSURE this time ::) valve covers installed, working on trimming the body and getting the frame ready for the twin radiators ;D almost ready to get my paddle shifters and headlights from Murci-me...! Hopefully a month or so... Oh ya got me some UgLy fiero seats FREEBEE! Free stuff is always nice.