Author Topic: Peter Kovach - New member  (Read 8158 times)

am33r

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 37
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
  • YOLO
Re: Peter Kovach - New member
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2013, 02:58:17 PM »
In addition to the pics by IKR here are the pics for the frame on an MR2 but it is the same frame for the fiero as it is basically the frame for any Coupe Murcielago. I labled what I am making because I have a convertible but you get the idea  :)

I have the door frames and the windshield frame that I consider Standard (they measure the same on all builds despite shape details) I'll take a pic of them when I get them from my garage.

here is the door frame and a pic of it installed

« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 03:07:17 PM by am33r »

italianknightrider

• IKR
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Liked: 79
  • Member Rating Points: +36/-2
  • LAMBOCLONE MAFIA - Administrator / Owner
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2013, 02:10:37 PM »
SUPPORTS

we perfer square tub side support ,an its highly recommended so the fiberglass body sill plate sit flat on top

best way to do the front extender so the A/C condensor fit an a fan can be installed and vent ,the side supports also fix it so it has a cricket box ,so when you look infront of the tire it does not look like a kit car , put a small wheel liner in front of the tire to cover/close the area off ,more professional look an fit . Trying to help   
We hope our post help someone finish their build or get them interested in our hobby and start a build.

Tusabes

• Liked: 127
  • Member Rating Points: +8/-2
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2013, 12:52:08 PM »
Ali gave joe griego of inland exotics over $30,000- of course very little of that money was actually spent on this build , most of the money was simply stolen by joe griego

I've never seen a kit use those round bars , I think it was something new joe was trying out but obviously it didnt work. 

Good thing you have someone who can help build you a proper frame , unfortunately I don't have the dimensions of the proper parts you need

am33r

• YOLO
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2013, 05:32:10 PM »
I am happy someone is saving a forgotten build. This build has been mentioned here a few times (was selling for $5K a month ago) and it is recieving a negative connotation whenever mentioned.

I don't see it like that!

As Murci-Me showed it was unfortunate that this build has wasted $33K and got nowhere. It certainly isn't worth that, or half of that, or a quarter of that... but what is it worth?

Let's pay a close attention to the build summary that Murci-Me showed in the video:

A stretched Fiero + A Stretch Enforcement Frame + A not-so-nice Kit missing some items all for around $5K.

The details?

There are clearely two negative things associated with the donor vehicle:

When the Fiero was stretched, a lot of the wiring has been cut & left hanging and many harnesses need to be re-conficgured or replaced. Also, some things must imediately go; Metal Bars above the engine area, and the sheet metal by the AC condensor.

So how hard is the above to correct?

Framing.

The Stretch-Enforcement Frame (which has become standared with Fiero builds) was made and tack-mounted (Adequate Welding needs to be completed). This build does not come with attachment-cage-support frame to mount the kit to the donor yet.  So for instance, the roof / windshield, etc. have no frames yet.  So accordingly, the kit just sits on the car for now. This is not a problem, it is just what the build stage is at and that is a 'next on the list' not 'something wrong or missing'.

There are clearely two negative things associated with the body kit.

Due to it sitting for over two years, the body still requires Edge Trimming as it did in day 1, and in a lot of areas the Gell Coat has now pealed off.  This is especially for the rear bumper, and several other areas. And there needs to be 'Sail Window' openings behind the Quarter windows - those should be recreated.

How long does this body kit need in edge trimming and fiberglass patching to bring it its competitive Kit status (EQUAL TO CKI's kit which is just as horrible in edges & trimming)?

The sagging spoiler of the G28 bodies is a matter of design - it is not "something wrong / broken / missing with this particular kit" it is "something made different than OEM on all the IE/Rob kits"

How hard is it to make the spoiler's bottom look OEM?

The above was the exact summary of the Video really... NOT a matter of opinion - I just wrote down what Murci-Me said and organized it.

And certainly good luck on your build (: keep us updated
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 05:47:09 PM by am33r »

95_gst_turbo

• Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2013, 04:15:03 PM »
Tusabes that is the same car as in the video. That the one i was getting ready to drive to California about a month or 2 ago.

If you dont mind me asking, What did he let it go for? The guy seemed very eager to sell it but he left details out when telling me about it and I found out additional information from another member.

Good luck on your build.

autopro

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • Liked: 1204
  • Member Rating Points: +43/-1
  • Tijuana/San Diego
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2013, 09:02:23 AM »
Welcome Peter  ::beers
Pedro

Tusabes

• Liked: 127
  • Member Rating Points: +8/-2
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2013, 07:15:35 AM »
Is this the car you bought , out of LA?
Here's a video murci me took

Also see eBay 330911667834
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 07:31:19 AM by Tusabes »

italianknightrider

• IKR
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2013, 01:05:33 AM »
for molding purposes only ....only way to center the whole door to the car body before molding it ..... it will be sold as 2 pieces per side (inner & outer 250.00 each x 4 ) so you the customer can put his or her steel , hinges and window tracks ,etc. inside the inner door .the angle for the stricker latch is already built into the door end so you do not have to figure it out !!   http://lamboclone.com/index.php?topic=654.0

how many people saw these car at the show this year ,they did a great job on them.

« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 01:28:43 PM by italianknightrider »
We hope our post help someone finish their build or get them interested in our hobby and start a build.

am33r

• YOLO
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2013, 12:52:23 AM »
Great ikr. Is the outer skin connected to the center-thick door cards, it seems like that in ur pics

italianknightrider

• IKR
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 12:38:42 AM »
Peter

We have the 2nd generation doors ,if nothing else buy ours ( reason the inner doors are too short and sloppy with a large amount of play from front to back ,ours fit tight in the opening they are modified to fit correctly ,50 hours have gone into fixing the inner doors alone ....we have alot of parts to fix the G28 ,plus body molds )     .... 4 pieces 2 inner doors & 2 outside door skins )

during the IKR process , if you want less wind noise and accurate fitment PM us !!

« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 10:59:29 AM by italianknightrider »

am33r

• YOLO
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 12:35:24 AM »
Cool kit. It's a west coast production (Tri-G or Joe or Rob), they use colored gel coat. They also have the Stretch Adaptive Frame on it, and that's a plus.

In addition to inner cards & outer skin - from the pics - You need the center door cards to host a door frame and connect hinges / latches / & shocks, etc.

You will need to alter the inner door card to fit around the dashboard sides nicely.

If you can't source the parts from the members just remember that rob or CKI or IKR can make u those parts - not too expensive since u have most of the kit.

The frame / cage should be like the extreme one since you have a coupe.

Best of luck Peter we will keep an eye on this one

pkovgolf

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-2
Peter Kovach - New member
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 12:11:50 AM »
Hi all

Here is my Murcie (G28 kit), G25 dash

The car also now has proper size Lambo style wheels and extenders on it rather than the ones in the pictures

I'll post other pics of the chassis ('85 fiero), etc

I need a bunch of parts.  The main ones are:

Door skins (inner and outer)
Center Console
Underside of hood
The back corner piece along the edge of the roof and rear window
The engine hatch
Inserts for headlights (lenses and trays)
Triangle piece that comes down from the dash to the center console
...?

If any of you can help me find these pieces, it would be GREATLY appreciated
Thank you!
Peter