Author Topic: Seats  (Read 2005 times)

JJS SE30

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Liked: 19
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
Re: Seats
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2015, 11:12:11 AM »
Hey not sure if you found seats yet but I bought some from Auto Custom Leathers off of Jerry, think he's the owner, which they recline and are really low profile.  They actually resemble the Diablo seats somewhat and fit really nice in my Diablo coupe replica.  You can actually see a pic of them if you go to www.arizenracingsports.com and look under their closeout seats at the bottom it will show a picture of the VR1 seat.  I think Arizen/Marrad Industires has them for $399.00 but I believe I got them off of Jerry at Auto Custom Leathers for $269.00-give or take.  I got the Corbeau double locking slider low profile adjustable seat tracks for them to keep them low and adjustable, they are the ones with no lifted mounting brakets(I believe racing seats usa has them for $59.00).  Check them out, might be really pleased, I am. Good Luck!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 11:14:03 AM by JJS SE30 »

dwafford

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 1
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2013, 01:37:32 PM »
I realize it's been a long time, but I'm hoping you see this.  Have you mounted these yet?  How are they working out?  I'm struggling with finding seats for my Diablo roadster build on an NAERC tubular chassis.  Headroom is VERY limited, so I need something really thin in the seat, but hopefully not too uncomfortable.  Think I have to give up on the idea of sliders - just not enough vertical room - but I'm still hoping for reclining.  I gave away the fiberglass buckets I had because they were so darned uncomfortable.

tonypaul

• Liked: 54
  • Member Rating Points: +7/-0
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 05:13:21 PM »
I used these in my Diablo Roadster- http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-LH-RH-PAIR-BLACK-W-WHITE-STITCH-BUCKET-RACING-SPORT-SEATS-ACURA-UNIVERSAL-/170963217946?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27ce33ae1a&vxp=mtr

They look pretty good with my black leather dash/console with white stitching, in fact I get alot of comments on how well they look. Living in Texas I knew I didnt want leather seats due to the heat and sweating on my back and under my legs so these were a good choice. I also have had 2 major back operations, so I needed something with some good support and these seats have been comfortable so far.

I did have to do a little work on the floor of my Fiero donor to get them to fit better. I also ended up mounting them directly to the floor with out sliders to get them as low as I could. Im the only one who drives my car so its not a big deal to me, but it might be something you will want to consider.

countach kid

• Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
  • Fantasy of the Mind
Seats
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 01:26:24 PM »
I was looking for some advise on seats for my diablo roadster, I need some thing other then fiero seats cause there are to thick and high. I need something slender and thinner but still cool.
WISH IT DREAM IT DO IT.