Author Topic: Fiero G28 build - Has Anyone in Minnesota Done This Before ?  (Read 1583 times)

am33r

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 37
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
  • YOLO
Re: Fiero G28 build - Has Anyone in Minnesota Done This Before ?
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2013, 04:27:09 AM »
The frame Tusabes commented on is a standard for those builds - it seems that it won't work as it sits now (as tusabes mentioned). But why would joe do that on this particular build! however check one important thing first:

Does the actual car have to be lowered to get the kit closer to the ground? I did that on the MR2 and lowered the whole car 2-3" around because the larger wheels take the car 2-3" higher anyway so it should go down with suspension adjustment/shortening.

Make sure you check for that - how high is that side metal off the groud now? if 7 to 8" then you need to lower the suspension to 5-6" and then your kit hugs the tires down more.

Then see how much lower is this frame meant to sit on the fiero. The fiero guys here can tell you more. IKR must have pics of the frame sitting on the donor with fiero wheels vs. with lambo wheels.

The rest of the Cage Frame for a Murcielago build is shown in this pic from Extreme in UK on an MR2 but should be the same for the fiero coupe build and it attaches to the Stretch Frame you have on now after you reposition it
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 04:37:48 AM by am33r »

Tusabes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 127
  • Member Rating Points: +8/-2
Re: Fiero G28 build - Has Anyone in Minnesota Done This Before ?
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 11:45:27 PM »
That existing frame Won't work with that kit because it sits too high up and doesn't allow the body to fall into proper position

pkovgolf

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-2
Fiero G28 build - Has Anyone in Minnesota Done This Before ?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 10:58:31 PM »
Is there anyone in the Minneapolis area who could help hard mount my kit onto my frame?  The standard frame is built, but I need to get the body hard mounted to it and I want a proper 'mounting sub frame' attached so I can have the body fully supported (and get the doors mounted, etc.).

I don't want to weld that portion myself as I do not have the equipment to bend the metal, but more importantly, I want to make darn sure it is done 'right' since this is what holds it all together :)

So if you or someone you know would be interested in helping, and are fair priced, please let me know!
Thank you in advance!
You can call me at 612-868-9489
Peter