How To - Tips > Rims & Tires

Wheel offset question

(1/3) > >>

LP640:

--- Quote from: am33r on July 13, 2013, 01:42:29 PM ---Use a set of wheels like mine. On my Murci build I have 1.5" spacers all around because the wheels are wide and have zero and negative offset.

Fuel Hostage Offroad (18x12 -44 for the rears and 18x9 -0 for the fronts) $850 for 4 rims. They are not a special order and can be ordered anytime from average wheel suppliers.  The total cost of tires was $850 as well. Spacers werre $100 and new lugs $30.

--- End quote ---

I was told these are for trucks, how did you get these to work?

76mx:
Just make sure to remember that backspacing is referenced from the OVERALL width of the wheel, not the given width. This is where it gets clear as mud. Some wheels are described in backspacing and some are by offset. Almost always, but not every time, the overall of a wheel is one inch larger than the stated width. So an eight inch wheel (stated) with zero offset is the same as an eight inch wheel with a 4 1/2 backspacing. The dimension of the line through the ball joints to the ground plane in reference to the track centerline is called the scrub radius. Ideally it would be zero to 1/2 inch but suspension design restraints usually do not get it there. Anything under an inch is fine but with your spacers it is going to be much larger. Without changing the a-arms this will remain.   

SchulzeA:
Lol my bad.

01Lambiero:
You said that already, SchulzeA.  You said that already, SchulzeA.  Wow!  It's like deja-vu all over again.

SchulzeA:
I used this visualizer. It works great to try different wheel and tire combos along with offsets.
http://www.rimsntires.com/specs.jsp  ::toothy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version