Author Topic: Goodbye my friends  (Read 5168 times)

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Liked: 418
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-0
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
Re: Goodbye my friends
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2013, 08:06:04 AM »
Thanks everyone for all the support. Ive decided to just lock this topic and give Bull a chance to read all of your comments... Im gonna go out on a limb and say "LONG LIVE LAMBOCLONE"! Also my offer still stands about my moderator position if somebody thinks they could have seen this coming and prevented it, you would be a better moderator then me  ::help My formal apologies for letting things go this far.

Dustin

Tusabes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 127
  • Member Rating Points: +8/-2
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2013, 01:19:24 AM »
It's just dawned on me that most of you aren't aware of the hundreds of "reported posts" I've recieved in the last year and the emails that contain warnings that I send out on a weekly basis. 

No one know's about the posts that get deleted or modified to keep the site on task and netual.  I ran another Fourm for eight years and I seriously recieve more crap on this site in one week than I did on the other site for the entire eight years (I swear this!).  Yes I take this as a kick in the face and I'm basically just tired of it.  This site was never created to be a tool for bullying or Trolling and just as with Mad Mechanics.. this site has turned into that.

Chris

I run a couple forums on finance topics and I understand the thankless , behind the scenes work that nobody sees

The fact that nobody sees it means it usually goes unappreciated . All kit car sites seem to have a lot of drama- after all its a lot of passion , money , dreams , etc being shared (or crushed when something wrong happens )

Plus there's the whole "scammers in the industry" we always have to watch out for .

Bottom line , its your forum but as I said earlier I'm completely willing to take over the hosting and admin tasks if ifs wearing you out. Sounds like the other mod is willing to as well.

Not to mention this forum software is superior to Mm and kit central - there's a lot more builders and owners , and a lot fewer dreamers here

lance345

• Liked: 18
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2013, 12:53:54 AM »
I'd just like to say whatever happens, thank you to everyone on here that helped me out. Thank you to the mods and mostly the admin for thankless work. Thanks to people that posted pics that helped out everyone and those people that offer their supplies.

If I can say some things with the hope of changing your minds:
- without Texas I would probably be running 6" spacers in the back and I'd eventually kill myself. A little dramatic? Maybe. Plausible. Very. This site allowed me to see his build, see his wheels, let me get in touch with him, and order some seriously badass one off customs to drive more safely.
- without Lambiero I wouldn't have changed my suspension and in a year I'd hate my life as I have to remove my kit. My pictures allowed him to see this and point it out. Also the discussion on wheel rub was informative.
- Jayso made me some really nice hinges that replaced the unmentionable derpy idea that I had. I saw his post on this site and contacted him, again, through this site.
- am33r and I had some great conversations about the mr2 as a donor, and without his build I would have missed some very important modifications. Again (I know this is getting repetitive) through this site and the build diary.
- I got a lot of feedback about modifying the rear of the car the best way. Saved me a ton of time.

My list could go on. I have gotten a lot of advice and support from members. Without it would I finish my build? Probably, but I can say with 100% certainty that this site has made my build safer, better, and faster. Thank you guys.

BigPines

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Liked: 272
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-1
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2013, 10:53:16 PM »
I am disappointed and saddened by Murcie-Me's decision to leave the site. I will sincerely miss his contribution. He had a lot of valuable knowledge and experience that we will miss.

He didn't PM me so I guess I wasn't his friend. I wanted to be. Anyone who does have his contact information please tell him to reconsider. Let us all forgive and forget. Life is too short for petty grudges.
If I don't have time to do it right, when will I have time to do it over?

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Liked: 418
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-0
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2013, 10:00:16 PM »
IKR good words...

I'm going to let this stay up until morning get all your venting out and tomorrow is a new day, whoever is here after the smoke clears is here and anyone that has left is welcome back anytime... This thread is goin in the trash fist thing in the morning... We're going to get over this and move on. I'm going to talk with Chris and see what we can work out. Most all of us have seen sites come and go and have been here since day 1. As stated before "WE" make Lamboclone, together we have hours and hours of time invested.

italianknightrider

• IKR
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Liked: 79
  • Member Rating Points: +36/-2
  • LAMBOCLONE MAFIA - Administrator / Owner
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2013, 09:26:11 PM »
First thing  No Bull

this is by far the Best new site on the net, what make it so great ,is the fact so many members do have Kits ,or chassis,s with the real intention of getting a kit , this site has more builds in different stages , how too,s & the latest technology of fiberglass body design , engine and transmission set ups , in 2012 i watched a kid whom i had worked with for 15 years loose his job because someone had to pay for the sins of the many ,and he was the lowest guy on the list. Being RIDICULE is demeaning ,some people play and others are serious . Behavior analyses show the members here who can say something Stupid to or about someone and or their idea ,and they rattle something right back , that s great  other DO NOT PLAY THAT WAY ,so as a community we need to learn to Respect each other. To make a point all our kids are different ,meaning some or loud and some are quiet ,so we treat them accordingly . this site is like part of my family ,and i look forward to coming here daily ,after work. I said i was not going to post on this thread ,but i could not help myself .......interaction sometime,s require that you let a subject dye ,if you continue to post then the interaction continues on for page after page. In elementary do you remember the kid who had to have the last word  ,he or she is now well into their 40,s or 50,s & nothing has changed but their age. everybody has idea,s and could and should contribute we should only interject if ,it,s information given that could cause harm or be a safety risk.

Chris : i respect you and your site , thanks for giving us a place to congregate  .....i hope RT CHANGE HIS MINE and that Murci-Me can kinda not post where RT is posting ....both of you guys are great builders with tons of talent. We must all remember ,to increase the size of our hobby and show Newbie,s  how to enjoy a Replica , finished & on the road with Respect & dignity to each other.   
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 09:40:35 PM by italianknightrider »
We hope our post help someone finish their build or get them interested in our hobby and start a build.

eddie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 286
  • Member Rating Points: +19/-2
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2013, 08:20:00 PM »
a little way  back I had personal issue with one of our member and I too asked Chris to delete all my post and I'm out, but he told me not take him serious and let it go . He agreed with me ,but it's a public forum and everybody is entitle to their opinion.
true or not true.
I chilled and got back in the month. happy to be here and help other Diablo builders.

Murci-Me

« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2013, 08:04:34 PM »
I no longer want to be part of a forum that punishes certain members for their behavior, yet overlooks others acting in the same way. I no longer want to associate with forum members who chastise certain members for their behavior, yet do the same offences themselves. I have PM'd all my friends here to give them my contact info, so there is no longer a need to have my account. Goodbye and happy building to all!

plans4sale

• Liked: 60
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-0
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2013, 05:37:58 PM »
 Honestly, Lamboclone is a unique place that is way different than Mad mechanics and Kitcentral. All three are great and should continue to exist. Here I met some nice people and read lots of helpful information, and also got excited from reading people's builds. This place is a must to stay.

I will not take side. I wish that everything will be OK from tomorrow and if someone is still insulted, please, just smile and ignore the person who makes you feel bad. Smile and ignore. :) This method is proven over the years. We are people, because each of us has its own opinion. Opinions are not always the same, so chances for starting disputes are always big. But sometimes disputes will not resolve the issue. If someone is trying to convince you that the Earth is square, nothing will ever help you to teach him/her that the Earth is actually round! You just ignore that person and leave it to live in its own universe. :)

I would like to send greetings to everyone and lets forget all bad feelings from tomorrow! We must be happy that together we are part of this great place where we share ideas and thoughts! Lets keep it the same! ::thumbup
Custom 3d car & chassis design: https://www.facebook.com/sportni.koli.3
Finnluxury Tritium (FLT) body kit and chassis: https://www.facebook.com/finnluxury

No Bull

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • Liked: 299
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
  • Replication is the sincerest form of flattery
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2013, 05:11:15 PM »
It's just dawned on me that most of you aren't aware of the hundreds of "reported posts" I've recieved in the last year and the emails that contain warnings that I send out on a weekly basis. 

No one know's about the posts that get deleted or modified to keep the site on task and netual.  I ran another Fourm for eight years and I seriously recieve more crap on this site in one week than I did on the other site for the entire eight years (I swear this!).  Yes I take this as a kick in the face and I'm basically just tired of it.  This site was never created to be a tool for bullying or Trolling and just as with Mad Mechanics.. this site has turned into that.

Chris

jdinner

• Liked: 25
  • Member Rating Points: +6/-0
    • KwikerCars
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2013, 04:48:48 PM »
The people on this forum that contribute with actual video, pictures and constructive criticism are the driving force. People like RT have a Flickr site with tons of pics and drawings that help many people. RT has a YouTube channel where he demonstrates and describes how he did things on his car. RT is a contributing member to this forum. The person he is upset with offers criticism without the constructive part.  To my knowledge the other guy does not offer build videos or pics. Maybe when someone else builds your car you don't have access to those build pics, I understand that. 
I once worked with an electrical engineer that couldn't solder two wires together.  It's nothing to be ashamed of. 
 I for one, will always call RT a friend. 

autopro

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • Liked: 1204
  • Member Rating Points: +43/-1
  • Tijuana/San Diego
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2013, 02:59:10 PM »
Don’t do it Chris, I for one really appreciate all that you have done for us here.
Pedro

pkovgolf

• Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-2
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2013, 02:46:27 PM »
Wow, I am a newbie and I just can't see how this resulted in the end effect here.
Why on earth as the administrator would you say you would pull the site because two people don't agree?
Your site is excellent and GREATLY APPRECIATED. 
I seriously am glad your site exists and allows people to help others, etc.

Ignore petty bickering and don't take it on your shoulders or personally.   People will say what they say, but in the end, it is unimportant in the big scheme of things.
I sure would HATE to see anything happen to your site - I just got going on my build, so I 'NEED' it ;)

Your site is the best I have seen so the value is VERY HIGH!!!!!

Thank you for having this site and please consider the overall need for it and don't worry about silly bickering.

I am sure you are very aware that people in this small universe of builders all want folks to use their parts, builds, etc, and for some, negating others seems to be the only way they think they can 'win''.
People need to realize there is always a win-win scenario that is the better choice! 

We are all here to help each other, and the rest of the pettiness from a few folks should be dropped (or when not, at least ignored by the rest as unimportant clutter)

Thanks again for the site and your help, etc, for everyone!
Peter

notnilc20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 174
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2013, 01:46:25 PM »
Oh man. Please don't let this forum parish. We all have our differences, but there are many members on here that benefit from the info on this lambo specific board that it would be a shame to let it all flush down the drain. No Lamboclone = No Hope  :(

Tusabes

• Liked: 127
  • Member Rating Points: +8/-2
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2013, 01:25:22 PM »
Chris , I didnt see any of the comments in this thread as bring an attack on your site

Everyone likes this site , and ill be happy to host it if you are tired of doing so without recognition . Being an admin and mod is a thankless job because all you do is resolve problems and disputes, and if the site isn't making advertising money I can see how it doesn't seem worth it for you to keep dealing with it

The last thing the forum needs is for those who run it to take personal offebse when members leave . members will come and go on this site and theres no way to stop it . It seems that feelings are being stirred up and we all need to calm down and have a Beer