Author Topic: Goodbye my friends  (Read 5169 times)

BigPines

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Liked: 272
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-1
Re: Goodbye my friends
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2013, 01:17:05 PM »
I have already PM'd Chris literally BEGGING him not to pull the plug on this site. I hope he reconsiders but I respect that the final decision is his. I for one really appreciate everything he has done to create this community and I wanted to thank him publicly. No matter what happens, I am better off for having found this wonderful community.

I just wanted to say it is a real shame we couldn't pull together. In the immortal words of Abraham Lincoln "A house divided against itself cannot stand..."

Mike
If I don't have time to do it right, when will I have time to do it over?

satinta

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 12
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2013, 01:11:16 PM »
Or you could just delete this thread and let RT go.
What's the big deal?

There's no drama like Man drama.....

No Bull

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • Liked: 299
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
  • Replication is the sincerest form of flattery
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2013, 12:27:12 PM »
A good forum, like Lamboclone.com is a place to find technical information and advice from members who know what works or what doesn't in building a replica car.  It should be a place where friendships are made.  It should not be a place for name calling and insulting fellow members.  Members should have patience, humility, truthfulness, and self control when posting.  A moderator's job is a tough job but they should have stepped on this problem a long time ago.  Allowing bad posts is non conducive to harmony amongst members.   RT, is my friend.  He has accumulated a life time of experience and knowledge and deserves better treatment than to be driven off of this forum.  Jim

>:( I'm away on a business trip and just stopped in to see what's new.  I'm seeing all this for the first time and I'm pissed! 

Honestly... I'm looking for the right words to respond to all of this so I'm going to be selective in what I'm about to say.  I've sent warnings and I've trusted everyone to act like adults.  I'm raising a family, dealing with caring for a terminally sick family member, working 60+ hours a week (with travel) and dealing with about 20 other things.  This site does not cost anyone here a single cent and I pay for everything myself (not even a single banner fly's on this site!).  I have hours invested in setting this site up and maintaining it and this is the slap in the face I recieve.  I do not have time read every single topic and resolve everyone's differences when there is conflict or disagreements between how two guys would build the same thing or who has the longer dong!  Members are expected to act with dignity and respect, not only for themselves but for the others that frequent this site. 

I don't understand how Dustin or I are able to gauge when two members are disputing something and when one of them feels like they've had enough and quits the site.  The dialog back and forth demostrates that two members are not willing to give in and neither messaged me telling me that something had to change before they were calling it quits.  Growing up, I quickly learned that if I felt I was being bullied, the last thing I would do is let the bully know it and I would never give him the satisfaction of knowing they bothered me.

I love how the accountablity and actions of an entire site falls back upon the backs of two people that have given so darn much to a community that 20% of the members don't seem to give a darn!  This site was created for people who have, are planning and are building cars yet certain people require attention and validation and use the site as their stage to show their asses.

I'll make this simple... do what you want, LamboClone.com will be no more at the end of this week!  I'm fed up with all the threats to cancel memberships so I'll trump everyone and just cancel mine.  It's really too bad that the actions of a few have resulted in this and I probably shouldn't be surprised that it only took a year.   :-\

Chris   

BigPines

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2013, 12:24:14 PM »
Thanks Dustin. You have a tough job and sometimes it simply comes down to a judgement call. With that in mind, I will try to respect your decisions. We want freedom of speech here but we also don't want harassment of any member.

I wanted to add that I *AM* here to make friends. Building relationships is part of the fun for me. I really like this site and I will try to do my part to make it the best.

Mike

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Liked: 418
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-0
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2013, 11:27:30 AM »
A good forum, like Lamboclone.com is a place to find technical information and advice from members who know what works or what doesn't in building a replica car.  It should be a place where friendships are made.  It should not be a place for name calling and insulting fellow members.  Members should have patience, humility, truthfulness, and self control when posting.  A moderator's job is a tough job but they should have stepped on this problem a long time ago.  Allowing bad posts is non conducive to harmony amongst members.   RT, is my friend.  He has accumulated a life time of experience and knowledge and deserves better treatment than to be driven off of this forum.  Jim

I agree with this post whole heartedly I enjoy what RT brings the the forum and truly hate to see him go. I wish things could be different or maybe, I being a Moderator, could have done something to prevent this. Maybe this isnt the best job for me. I really enjoy the good conversations on this forum and enjoy the OPEN mined people NOT the KNOW it all people that think its one way or the highway because they have done it before. I try to be fair and let EVERYONE have there say, if I agree with it or not. A lot of the time I don't agree with what is said, but like everyone else, I'll leave the post up. Ive seen several members leave and I know of a few members that just read the forum and don't post because of other "members" and this SUCKS. The members that are leaving and trolling have a great deal of knowledge and input but WILL not post or just leave for fear of ridicule or confrontation. I wish things could change where the site was more open minded. We are building replicas NOT FREAKING SPACESHIPS! These cars are nothing more then a hobby and are supposed to be FUN. So to anyone out there that has any sort of Lamboclone member DRAMA your post WILL be deleted and your account will get a fraction against it.

I want this site fun for all members again, new and old, no more discouraging posts to members, please stay positive or offer help or input or DON'T POST. Nobody wants to see negaitve posts or negative advice. Were all here for friends, questions, comments, to help and most of all LEARN somthing or how to do something NEW way. If somebody wants my job and thinks they can do a better job PLEASE PLEASE step up and contact Chris I'd sacrifice my position on the foum to make things better any day with no hard feelings. This is all I have to say  ::salute

Dustin

rodrieguz

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Liked: 77
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2013, 06:43:14 PM »
Guess I missed this cause I don't post often.  Rt I'm sorry you had to go through this being the knowledgeable, always helpful guy you are. 
I don't have a dog in this fight and may get banned or jumped on for this comment:

When a person always have conflict with others who don't know one another then the common denominator is that person.  That's the problem here, Murcie -Me I honestly see that you are very knowledgeable but you are very hard to deal with.  It's always on a you know more than all level.  Yes you built a great car, Yes we know you have skills to contribute.  However your contributions could be less confrontational.   Sometimes its best to be wrong even if you know you are right.  We all don't have the right answers so we look to forums like this to provide constructive advice. 

BigPines

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2013, 04:01:47 PM »
Guys, maybe I am being naive but can't we put all this crap behind us on both sides? Most of us don't care who is right or wrong. We just want to move on and benefit from every different idea, point of view and opinion. I value both of you as resources on this site.

Look, most of us on this forum are creative individuals and creative people also tend to want to do things their way. The truth is there is more than one acceptable way to do things. Let's just chalk it all up to differences of opinion between two creative personalities.

Mike

dratts

• Liked: 14
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2013, 12:27:40 PM »
How did I miss this issue?  I don't even know what you two were arguing about.  This forum is one of the most respectful I've found.  Let's talk about Trayvon.  Now that would be an issue. People on both sides seem to be intractable in their views there.  Just kidding, the last thing I would want is to stir up things with absolutely no hope of a resolution.  We should stay on topic.  Car building! 

am33r

• Liked: 37
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
  • YOLO
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2013, 12:11:22 PM »
This sux !!! How could there be an issue that is impossible to resolve! this could also happen to me?! I'm suspending my membership too! Goodbye RT you are a good friend. Those who need anything (: i doubt i can be really helpful but you know where to find me...

notnilc20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 174
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2013, 11:42:09 AM »
This board needs all the minds it can get. You helped me tremendously with my door glass limit switches and for that i'll always be thankful. But if it's gotta be goodbye then it's gotta be goodbye. Good luck with everything RT.

01Lambiero

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 403
  • Member Rating Points: +24/-3
  • "Using the skills that God gave me"
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2013, 10:57:06 AM »
A good forum, like Lamboclone.com is a place to find technical information and advice from members who know what works or what doesn't in building a replica car.  It should be a place where friendships are made.  It should not be a place for name calling and insulting fellow members.  Members should have patience, humility, truthfulness, and self control when posting.  A moderator's job is a tough job.  Bad posts is non conducive to harmony amongst members.   RT, is my friend.  He has accumulated a life time of experience and knowledge and deserves better treatment than to be driven off of this forum.  Jim
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 09:15:58 PM by 01Lambiero »
20 yr. GM Niase certified Auto Mechanic (Tune-Up, Brakes, & Heavy Repair)
24 yr. GM Automated/Robotic Welding Systems
Retired

BigPines

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2013, 10:15:38 AM »
I don't know the reason for the conflict and honestly I don't want to be involved. I am not passing judgement on either side of this one. I have noticed there seems to be contention that arises between members from time to time on this site and it is a real shame. This is a family of sorts and families do tend to fight sometimes. It is just too bad we can't get along and help lift each other instead of trying to tear each other down. We should stick together and save our indignation for the scammers out there that threaten this hobby. Let's all work hard to make this site the best it can be.

Sure there are other sites but I like this one the best. I don't think I would leave because of anyone else but everyone has their own choice.

Good luck RT.

Mike

RT

• Liked: 308
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-0
Goodbye my friends
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2013, 08:50:39 AM »
As many here may have noticed I have been drawn into a combative discourse with Lamboclone member Murci-me, Mike Chase.
I have received a lot of support and encouragement from other members.  Some have said, “it’s about time somebody stood up to him.”  Well, try as I may, it is a losing battle trying to reason with someone who is unreasonable.  He has perfected personal assault with many years of practice.  I sent him a PM trying to call an end to the conflict but he just stepped up his attack.  He would rather I just sit down and shut up.  This is NOT what forums are for.  I like to treat others better than that.  So it is with great dismay that I bid you all a fond farewell.  It has been nice meeting so many of you.  I hope I had something to offer to help or inspire but I do not need the incessant assaults issued against my contributions and me every time I make a post.  It is up to you as an individual to make up your mind about him.  I’ve had enough.  I will move on to a friendlier site.
There are still many good contributors here who can help with technical advice.  I just know one I’d stay away from.
I hope you all finish your builds and become members of the 3% club.  I’d love to see you at the Carlisle show with your build in a multi-car lineup.  That is what it is all about.  That is why we are here.  Lambo builders are a special group and (almost) every one I’ve met is someone I am proud to call friend.
Chris, our administrator here at Lamboclone, is doing a terrific job.  This site is solid.  It would be a shame to have someone ruin it. 
I leave with one bit of timeless advice.  Beware of false Gods.
Goodbye my friends.

RT
It isn't enough to want a Lambo, you have to want to BUILD A CAR.