Author Topic: AutoBlog News - :Italdesign Giugiaro Parcour Concept  (Read 428 times)

LamboClone Reporter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 2
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
AutoBlog News - :Italdesign Giugiaro Parcour Concept
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2013, 07:01:59 PM »
Italdesign Giugiaro Parcour Concept

Filed under: , , , , , ,

Coachbuilt Italian Finery Rides High In The Mediterranean

Italdesign Giugiaro Parcour Concept

Apparently, the appropriate gift to give for the 45th anniversary of almost anything is a blue sapphire stone. I cannot imagine Autoblog readers craving a story about that, so I'm glad that Italdesign Giugiaro spared me that gig and instead created this truly interesting Parcour concept to mark its 45th anniversary.

Parcour is named after the generally urban activity of French origin (spelled "parkour"), of throwing one's (presumably) agile body off walls and railings in an anti-gravity freestyle momentum ballet. This sometimes ends up being broadcast on YouTube, particularly to show a parkour session gone horribly wrong, with the star taking a metal banister in the cojones or receiving a fetching bouquet of twisted fingers. Clearly design boss at Giugiaro, Fabrizio Giugiaro (son of legend Giorgetto), and his squad had more coordinated good parkour-ing in mind when they let me drive their cool creation on the island of Sardinia. (I live not far away, so it's a one-hour flight with the herds on a low-cost airline.)

It's been a while since a traditional Turin house created a million-dollar running prototype or showcar that it felt like entrusting to a journalist or two. Recent years have been distracting, to say the least, for the likes of Bertone, Pininfarina and Giugiaro, as the global crisis threatened to suck them under for good. Italdesign-Giugiaro did a very wise thing in May 2010 and allowed longtime partner Volkswagen Group to buy a majority stake, thus securing the future of Giorgetto Giugiaro's dream factory. But all of these dealings have put drives like this on hold for a bit while all t's were crossed and i's dotted.

Continue reading Italdesign Giugiaro Parcour Concept

Italdesign Giugiaro Parcour Concept originally appeared on Autoblog on Thu, 18 Jul 2013 11:58:00 EST.  Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments
Source: Italdesign Giugiaro Parcour Concept