Author Topic: Front engine Aventador  (Read 10197 times)

No Bull

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • Liked: 299
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
  • Replication is the sincerest form of flattery
Re: Front engine Aventador
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2013, 10:43:31 PM »
Mixed news. The owner of the property I live on is in the hospital and his kids are in a dispute over the land rights. To make a long story short, i am caught in the middle and being forced to move.

So how long this project is to remain on hold, or even if I am forced to drop it depends greatly upon what I find. In the meantime, I doubt this project will be able to resume this year. Time, money and weather won't allow it.

Sorry to hear.. when you have a donor, a shop with tools, project funds and time to begin your project, you are welcome to start your build diary here and document your dreams and progress with pictures.

Thanks,

Chris

ronin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2013, 10:30:37 PM »
Mixed news. The owner of the property I live on is in the hospital and his kids are in a dispute over the land rights. To make a long story short, i am caught in the middle and being forced to move.

So how long this project is to remain on hold, or even if I am forced to drop it depends greatly upon what I find. In the meantime, I doubt this project will be able to resume this year. Time, money and weather won't allow it.

eddie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 286
  • Member Rating Points: +19/-2
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2013, 05:10:53 AM »

I'm looking at buying some small land OUTSIDE of California and building a house of my own on it. But as soon as that starts, kit car stuff stops. For years, if not indefinitely.

OK, then both. I think to my opinion ,nothing is going to happen, you still going to live with your Mom  and  with that landlord who does not allow any manufacturing on your car :(  I guess  you know better then me

ronin

« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2013, 07:33:49 PM »
So what would it be ? a nice house where you can make money on re sale or
Car that more or less no one wants and money In the drain .
Ill go for the property.

What's wrong with both?

eddie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 286
  • Member Rating Points: +19/-2
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2013, 11:35:49 AM »
So what would it be ? a nice house where you can make money on re sale or
Car that more or less no one wants and money In the drain .
Ill go for the property.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 11:37:37 AM by eddie »

ronin

« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2013, 02:30:49 AM »

It's as bizarre and frustrating to me as it sounds to you. It's this one !@#$% barrier I can't seam to get through no matter what I do.
[/quote]

I'd say it's time to move
[/quote]

I'm looking at buying some small land OUTSIDE of California and building a house of my own on it. But as soon as that starts, kit car stuff stops. For years, if not indefinitely.

670SV

« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2013, 01:26:16 AM »

It's as bizarre and frustrating to me as it sounds to you. It's this one !@#$% barrier I can't seam to get through no matter what I do.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Or rent a bay at a shop somewhere.

satinta

• Liked: 12
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2013, 01:15:00 AM »

[/quote]
[/quote]

« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 01:16:31 AM by satinta »

satinta

• Liked: 12
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2013, 01:02:08 AM »

If you think those 4th gens are easy to maintain think again. I think I spent more money fixing a lot of flaws on the car than the car was worth. Having had the time to play with the car I learned quite a bit about them. They're nice cars but very expensive and labor intensive to get them right. You really need to be a Fbody guy to enjoy them. otherwise your gonna end up spending lots of money and not having what you want. If I could travel back in time I wouldn't have bought the camaro and I would have saved my money and bought something else, even if it was a non stretched countach. Having spent 7k starting out with basic v6 camaro and making into a wannabe Buick Grand National and I'm still not even close to being done yet.

If I was you. Id go buy a Fiero with a swapped V8 in it. Or you could always give this guy a call...

All true.
The windows, transmissions, ignitions and assorted do dads that go wrong on these cars are problematic. I'm on my third 4th gen Bird and they all seem to have problems in these areas so you need to be a good mechanic or fix the problems one by one with the help of the internet.  That said I can't believe building a V8 Fiero is any cheaper or easier.
Here is a pic of my most recent Formula with about $850 in it so far. It's a fully rebuilt LT1 and Auto transmission with 3:73 gears and lowered about 2 inches.
(I just started the bodywork)
The trick is to find a common car that you like and buy up old projects from disgruntled builders. Put the best parts in one car and part out the rest.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 03:20:17 AM by satinta »

ronin

« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2013, 12:47:41 AM »

I watched a documentary about the Lamborghini Aventador where the makers themselves stated that one of the reasons for scissor doors is because Lamborghini Aventador doors are very long and would not go well in tight parking. While I agree with you about their doors for common sports cars, for making a Lamborghini Aventador look alike, if anything their too small.

Why do people say it's good to have scissor doors b/c of tight parking? I would never park my Lambo (if i had one) real or replica into a tight squeeze parking spot. Yeah, you can get out, but what about soccer mom minivan and the 5 kids you just parked next to.

Logic is often absent from politics and that's where the problem is. I can easily cut and stretch the car in front of my house... if I want to get evicted. As long as no car is there, I can build a shell without being accused of automotive work. The friends who are willing to lend me the use of their lot have allowed me to do allot of things but stretching is not one of them. These are people who don't understand the world of kit cars. All they know is what does and doesn't spook them.

Tusabes

• Liked: 127
  • Member Rating Points: +8/-2
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2013, 12:21:36 AM »

I watched a documentary about the Lamborghini Aventador where the makers themselves stated that one of the reasons for scissor doors is because Lamborghini Aventador doors are very long and would not go well in tight parking. While I agree with you about their doors for common sports cars, for making a Lamborghini Aventador look alike, if anything their too small.

Why do people say it's good to have scissor doors b/c of tight parking? I would never park my Lambo (if i had one) real or replica into a tight squeeze parking spot. Yeah, you can get out, but what about soccer mom minivan and the 5 kids you just parked next to.

If you watch all those European YouTube  exotic videos , they are all driving in Paris London or Monte Carlo where the parking is insanely tight . In a super wide car like the aventador the doors really do have a use

670SV

« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2013, 10:47:19 PM »

That's really not a problem because most minivans have sliding side doors. Maybe you should put sliding doors on the Camarador.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 11:06:48 PM by ☆670SV☆ »

670SV

« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2013, 10:45:49 PM »
If you don't have the facilities do a weekend strip and stretch on a car, how can you have the facilities to do the rest of the car? Believe me, stretching a Fiero is minor work compared to what you have in store for yourself. Don't you think the rest of the build would be considered "major automotive work"? Where are you going to do all the cutting, welding, fabrication, fiberglass work, bodywork, prep, paint and so on? You're not planning to just build on top of the existing body panels, are you?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 10:54:53 PM by ☆670SV☆ »

notnilc20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 174
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2013, 10:39:42 PM »

ronin

« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2013, 08:47:16 PM »
I think finding the right spring to put in your door is the least of your problems with this build. I agree with VF1Skullangle, why don't you just buy a Fiero with a V8 in the back? It would probably be cheaper than building on the Camaro, and you could make your car look far more accurate than it will ever be on the Camaro. I don't think you have any clue what you're getting into with this, its going to be a very long and expensive build, way more than you could possibly know. Lamborghini builds are the most expensive to begin with, but what you are trying to do will compound the build time and costs even further. I think you're gonna need alot more Play-doh. 

Simple as it may be, stretching one is far outside my means.

Wait, you're saying stretching a Fiero is outside your means? why is that?
My rental agreement prohibits me from doing any major automotive work on my property. I have only one rental option available and it's a lot that the owners of will not allow me to stretch a car in.

My mom's boyfriend has the facilities to do it but I tried for a month straight to convince him to let me do it there and he wouldn't budge.

There are a few other issues but those are the main ones. I tried everything I could think of to make that possible and always ran in to a dead end.

At this stage in the game, I am already heavily invested in the Camaro project. Even if the means to get a car stretched surfaced, would it be worth it to uproot and more or less toss aside everything I've already bought and done?

If I had the means to stretch it I probably would have gone with a Murcielago but probably wouldn't be any further along then I am now.

I've thought about doing a Sesto Elemento with an Aventador back and TBH, if i could start over, I'd go that rout. I still consider it now and then as it is feasible but requires a major change of game plan.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 09:25:59 PM by ronin »