Author Topic: Can anyone suggest an awesome builder for me & what should I expect to pay  (Read 5066 times)

solrac

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 52
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-0
Like a Reventon...
Big engine...clean...power windows....done up...front to cover...no more the $60,000

Would rather pay for a finished one...I have no tolerance for people b.s.ing
if u want us to be realistic with u let me say that u are not going to find a reventon for that price.
First there is not that many ppl who have the kit or even building one. i can count with one hand how many ppl are building them . lol.
second for that price there is no one who is going to build u one. just big engine would be like 10k not to mention the body kit another 6 to 8 k. and LABOR.. good luck. lol.

You are just better off building one ure self and not many ppl sell the reventon body.
not trying to put u down just be real with u.

Zacconi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
Like a Reventon...
Big engine...clean...power windows....done up...front to cover...no more the $60,000

Would rather pay for a finished one...I have no tolerance for people b.s.ing

notnilc20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 174
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
Uhhhhh.....i think we scared him away. Anyway, everyone has some excellent points and from time to time a new guy/gal will come along to this site with a dream and ask this very question or one very similar. I think we should have a sticky somewhere or a FAQ for newbies and the answer to newby questions. Seems they think b/c it's a replica, ergo not a real lamborghini, they could get one for $10k or something. like it's just some front facia on a Mitsubishi Eclipse with some fancy side skirts and tail lights, you know.

solrac

I honestly think , at least for these lambo replica cars, if u can't build it then its not for u. Just buy a real one cus at the end its going to cost the same, at least if u want a good looking one. Labor is really expensive.
There are way too many details on building one and every one has their own ideas. I read some where that they said there is no wrong way on building one.
But I am well close to $20k and my car is not even running yet. Lol.
These projects are more than a lambo. It is about ure blood and sweat that goes into it.

76mx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 358
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
Let us slow down a little here. What model do you want built? How technical of a car do you want? What is your deposit budget? What is your substantial completion budget and when will it be available? Finally, what is your total budget? Before answering that last question you might consider what Toyota said when asked about the amount of their budget to develop a Nascar program, "We can have a budget...or we can have an objective". Dependong on your answers to these questions, the answer to your question just might be the grease monkey down the street.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 04:23:03 PM by No Bull »

jdinner

• Liked: 25
  • Member Rating Points: +6/-0
    • KwikerCars
You could give Tom a call too at http://2000kits.com/

Tusabes

• Liked: 127
  • Member Rating Points: +8/-2
Yeah I was going to suggest mike Vetter
Also v8 Archie won't rip you off

Pretty much every other builder out there has been known to rip people off

Does anyone remember whoDeanie? Does he still do kits, haven't heard anything about him in years
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 04:23:24 PM by No Bull »

madmods

• Liked: 17
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
Mike Vetter at the car factory  is considered one of the best builders in the world. The man is very talented. He is busy, but he won't rip you off.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 04:23:47 PM by No Bull »
Keep dreaming-I'm sweating, glassing, welding and building every night!
Gagliardi Vendetta
Vetter Carrera Gt
Vetter Lp 640

tonypaul

• Liked: 54
  • Member Rating Points: +7/-0
For the most part "replica builders" are scammers.... There are some talented people out there but they are rare. If you do not have a high level of mechanical skill and a decent amount of tools your better off buying a finished replica. That way you risk less of your money and know what your buying ahead of time. Or just buy a used real Lamborghini, their out there for $70k to $300k.

To date I have right $30k total investment in my Lamborghini Diablo Roadster since building it. But if I had to pay labor for everything that had to be done at this point I would have been atleast be at $60k-$70k. For that amount it makes more sense just to buy a used real Lambo. If I had put all the hours into my business/job that I put into building this car I could have paid for one in cash...
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 04:24:17 PM by No Bull »

Zacconi

• Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
I seen a guy on youtube and he had a yellow on built and a few reventons in process...email was lamboreplicaforsale.com
Is he real...full videos off parts,build ect on youtube...
What do you guys think..he asks 60,000
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 04:24:50 PM by No Bull »

eddie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 286
  • Member Rating Points: +19/-2
Jim you're  100% right
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 04:25:12 PM by No Bull »

01Lambiero

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 403
  • Member Rating Points: +24/-3
  • "Using the skills that God gave me"
$200K will put you in a used Lambo of your choice and color.  It can be purchased at any dealer across the lower 48 with some warranty in the package.  Advantages: Pay on delivery instead of getting ripped off by a scammer.  Quality of the build will meet your expectations to your demands.  No excuses about the delays in the build as "your dream car" was built before you were typing your post to this forum.  True Lamborghini exhaust sound (everybody wants that).  Then when everybody runs up and says "Is that a real Lambo?"  you can tell them "Yes, it is".
 ::LAMBO ::headbang ::thumbup

Jim 
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 04:25:31 PM by No Bull »
20 yr. GM Niase certified Auto Mechanic (Tune-Up, Brakes, & Heavy Repair)
24 yr. GM Automated/Robotic Welding Systems
Retired

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Liked: 418
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-0
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
SchulzeA said it X2 Totally priceless!!!

Glad you found us welcome to the site and to answer your question, I don't believe that person exists that will do that  ::counfused
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 04:26:26 PM by No Bull »

SchulzeA

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Liked: 217
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-1
  • Lambo Mafia
"butt builder"  ::scratch  ::study

I'm assuming that he used the word "bad a-s-s" and the site is set up to auto censor certain words so it was automatically changed to "bad butt".  :)

Technology.. you gotta love it

Chris

lol priceless!

solrac

lol.. Nice
"butt builder"  ::scratch  ::study

I'm assuming that he used the word "bad a-s-s" and the site is set up to auto censor certain words so it was automatically changed to "bad butt".  :)

Technology.. you gotta love it

Chris