Author Topic: Aventador door glass alignment  (Read 1607 times)

22dually

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
Re: Aventador door glass alignment
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2023, 05:15:01 PM »
Ok, thanks for the advice and thanks for your reply

Neils88

• Liked: 135
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-0
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2023, 04:15:27 PM »
I used 2003 Santa Fe locks.  I'm order to connect the array of manual and automatic locks and latches I built a custom connection unit. (On my build thread on PFF). If I were to do it again, I might just buy all oem Aventador components. Honestly if you aren't going oem, then most modern door latch/ locks could work for you. It just needs to be mounted at the correct angle for the door (19°.... or whatever you mount your door at)

22dually

• Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2023, 04:00:39 PM »
Hey Neil, I'm building the same kit... What door latches did you use? Thanks

Neils88

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2023, 08:31:12 PM »
I finally got the power folding mirror mechanism built.

Here's a link to a YouTube video of it working...

https://youtu.be/2kuZgGuxafQ

Neils88

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2023, 05:30:45 PM »
Passenger side door almost completed now. Just working on the folding mirror. The Lexus mirrors that I bought for the power mirror motors also had the motor for folding the mirror. Unfortunately it didn't fit inside the Aventador mirror housing, so I'm moving the folding motor into the rear part of the door (which flares out giving me lots of room) and connecting them using bowden cables. Before the door skin goes on, I'll be doing some major sound insulation.

Here's the final layout (minus the mirror motor).

lambobuilder

• Liked: 211
  • Member Rating Points: +17/-0
    • Lambobuilder
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2023, 09:19:25 AM »
Would love to see picture of your final setup.

Neils88

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2023, 02:33:07 PM »
Unfortunately the generic ones are too long for the door. That is why I modified the ones from the Grand Prix.

Update....

I looked closely at the Aventador door diagram. For the first time I noticed that they don't even use a rear track!?  ::scratch  I removed all my components and redid the assembly as carefully as I could, but not bothering with the rear track. Hmmmm. Go figure. It works perfectly now. The glass is nice and secure and tight against the seal. Door opens and closes perfectly. I'll probably just keep the Grand Prix regulators for now. If i ever run into problems with them I'll consider changing them. Next step.... dew wipe.

lambobuilder

• Lambobuilder
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2023, 12:22:03 PM »
There are generic ones that may work for less than $60. https://www.summitracing.com/parts/rnb-741-644

Neils88

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2023, 11:36:41 AM »
Thanks lambobuilder. I had avoided buying the Aventador regulators because of the price. I'm still hoping there is a cheaper, non- lambo equivalent.

lambobuilder

• Lambobuilder
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2023, 09:49:35 AM »
Lamborghini regulators are cable driven and two separate pieces. May offer easier adjustment. https://www.ebay.com/itm/114100904424

Neils88

Aventador door glass alignment
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2023, 06:31:35 PM »
I need some window alignment advise. I've been building the passenger door on my Aventador and I am really struggling to get the glass to align properly. I'm using oem Aventador glass, seals, and A-pillar track. The remaining parts (regulator, and rear track) are from a Grand Prix. The window curvature is nearly identical. I shortened the regulator tracks, but maintained the curvature.

I had everything working perfectly until I took the door shell off and did some body work on it. After everything was reassembled, I found that the finished door shell sat slightly differently on the door seal. This ultimately resulted in the glass no longer touching the seal. The tracks are not adjustable, so I was forced to move the rear track brackets.

Now, I have the glass realigned with the seal, but no matter what I do, I can't seem to get the tracks/ regulator lined up correctly so the glass can go up and down smoothly. It'll go down properly, but then jam on the way up.

Firstly, does anyone know of any short curved regulators that would work? I don't think they are causing the jamming problem, but it would be nice to have some that don't need to be so radically modified.

Second, does anyone know how to set up the tracks (rear track specifically) so they can be easily adjusted?

Any other alignment advise?