How To - Tips > Engine & Transmission

Fiero shifter and selector cable stretch question

(1/3) > >>

jdinner:

--- Quote from: 01Lambiero on September 01, 2013, 11:08:15 PM ---Come on, jd.  You spoil sport.  Do Canadians (Canadiens) work on "our" Labor Day down here? ::scratch ::scratch

--- End quote ---
Sorry, my bad.
No work for us on Labour Day. Back to school tomorrow!

01Lambiero:
Come on, jd.  You spoil sport.  Do Canadians (Canadiens) work on "our" Labor Day down here? ::scratch ::scratch

msaby:
Contact Push and Pull cable out of CA.  they will make you the fiero cables any length you want.  I bought mine several years ago and they are excellent quality and and they were reasonably priced,  You will have to adjust them properly before you can use them.  I had them make mine 10"  longer however I think 8" would have been fine.
Mike

jdinner:

--- Quote from: AsantiLP on September 01, 2013, 11:34:42 AM ---Man had I known this would be so much trouble I would have bought an automatic. 

--- End quote ---
Are you ever in for a surprise if you thing that is trouble.

tonypaul:
Just try the cables you have now, then decide if you need longer ones. Its good your thinking ahead but some issues your going to have to address once you get at that point....

Depending on what center console you use you may have to reposition your shifter anyway. You might be able to set your shifter back an inch and make the cables a more direct connection if the cables are a little short.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version