For Sale / Wanted > Replica / Modified Parts For Sale

Murcielago LP640 Front Bumper Air Ducts / Brake Cooling Ducts

(1/6) > >>

lambocars:
air ducts ,cast to oem

76mx:
Guys,
   That's what I did, bought one set and filled them with plaster then cut the ABS off. now extend the neck the way you want it and use this for the thermoform mold. Now the duct cost about $1 each to make. You can modify the plaster to conform with the body contour but a $10 heat gun from Harbor Freight does the same thing. Use structural glue to attach them to the inner body and they are sealed and bulletproof. I also use these in the side door naca duct on a Countach. I bend the one exposed edge 90 degrees so it dies into the body as well and it gives a clean look with no exposed edges. I do not know if you can see it very well but here is a link.
http://s1344.photobucket.com/user/stricklandracinginc/library 

BigPines:
Thanks RT. Yeah, plaster would probably be a cheaper way to go for the form. I'll look into doing that. If I did, I would use them for vacuum forming.

Tallon, go for it if you want. You would save some money at the expense of more elbow grease. The following duct http://www.racerpartswholesale.com/product/2147/Naca_Ducts2 would be $40 a pair with the cheapest shipping to my place. That is probably close to what it will cost me to ship these things to people because the OEM ducts are much larger. These ducts don't look like they extend nearly far enough back to me so you would probably want to extend them somehow. Then you would need to fabricate them to mount and seal with the grills. You'd better secure them really well somehow so they don't fall off since they don't have correct mounting tabs. So, you may save $100 or so on the pair and it may be close enough for you if you are willing to go through the extra work.

So far only String, Chris and Pedro have expressed any interest anyway. It probably isn't worth it to me to get into this right now. I may do it eventually who knows. Thanks for the feedback guys.

Tallon:
Nice! seems like any of the ducts would work if you could form the flat piece against the grill area, all you need then is to rout the air to the brakes I'm sure there's a million ways to do that

RT:
Just an idea...
Maybe you could make a plaster mold of the original and lay up fiberglass copies.
You could still make two halves and the fiberglass could be bonded together later.
Really, there are so many ways to do this.  If you have a vacuum system, go for it.  You might be able to use the plaster mold with that.

RT

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version