Build Diaries > Diablo

Sneak peek of my Diablo Roadster~

(1/5) > >>

tonypaul:
After finishing the plasti-dip job I have decided to do the turbo now and then the a/c system next. So I now have everything to complete the turbo execpt the injectors. The new injectors should be here 4/1/14.

Today I pulled out some scrap exhaust bends along with a extra LS4 exhaust crossover that I bought, cut it up and welded a hot side merge together. My welding tank fell over crushing the gauges and messing up the regulator making so I couldnt adjust my welds. My welds ended up looking like crap but they will work.

Got it painted with high heat paint, wrapped with exhaust wrap and made it so that I can still use the orginal heat shields that were on the crossover. After temporary bolting the turbo on it appears that everything is going to work out as planned..... Sadly I wont have anymore time until next week to work on it again....

I also have a extra LS truck intake that I will be putting the new injectors in. My plan in building this turbo setup is make a second of everything needed to be able to swap from to turbo back to N/A in less than 30 minutes.

I update again soon~

LP640:

--- Quote from: tonypaul on December 06, 2013, 06:45:01 PM ---This is the last pic I took of it back in Oct. I stopped and got some gas and everyone was taking pics of also so I thought I would snap one to.

--- End quote ---

beautiful shot! perfect

tonypaul:
This is the last pic I took of it back in Oct. I stopped and got some gas and everyone was taking pics of also so I thought I would snap one to.

BigPines:
Sweet. I'll bet it is a blast to drive. :)

tonypaul:
Its been finished since august, I drive it 2 or 3 times a week sometimes more when the weather is nice. I think the only thing I have done to it since the repaint is install a new stereo system in it and done a little tune work on it. Mainly just worked on the fuel tables a little, smoothed out a couple dips in the lower RPMs. Its running great~

The paint is base/clear, used about 2 gallons of base and 1.5 gallon of clear. The bottom half of the car and wheels are done in black Plasticoat.

Just want to add- the paint in this pic looks kinda wierd, its really smooth I think its reflections from the clouds or something....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version