Author Topic: Aventador replica kit available.  (Read 40541 times)

Xyberz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 4
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
Re: Aventador replica kit available.
« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2014, 04:25:47 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't a serious deposit required on that rental and who wants to sign their name (and credit) on this rental for this project? I'm not saying it is a bad idea. It has been done before and I'm sure it will be done again.

Personally, I would rather 3D scan the car to avoid damage but even that involves some risks. We'll get there. I'm not in a hurry personally.

But hey, we are kind of stomping on INSPIREcomposite's thread here. We should take this discussion elsewhere. Sorry INSPIRE.

Ooops, my apologies.  You're right on that point.  Didn't mean to hijack the thread.  Well currently working on another project so this one will sit on the back burner temporarily.  Not like they're gonna discontinue the Aventador anytime soon so I think we'll be safe on this idea for a little while  ;)

P.S. I wouldn't mind renting the vehicle under my name.  I'd for sure without a doubt get the insurance from them so there are no liabilities to my name.  I used to work in the rental industry, it's worth it if you're worried about anything happening.  In this case it would be a no option but to get it.  Also, the deposit isn't huge at all.  It's about $500 minimum but definitely not anymore than what it costs to rent the vehicle itself.  I mean it wouldn't make any sense that you need an American Express black card to rent an Aventador when you can actually buy one with that card.  This is for the "common" folk who want to live like a king for a day or two  ;)  I've researched this already.  Kinda serious about it hehe  ::thumbup
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 04:29:53 PM by Xyberz »

Tallon

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 186
  • Member Rating Points: +18/-5
« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2014, 04:23:17 PM »
I really don't think this would be a job for anyone who can make simple moulds. It's a huge job that needs to be done by professionals. This is a half a million dollar car...
Not saying Inspire couldn't do it
or someone like watson
or Digibeam
but not "most of us"
Chances are those people aren't going to take on this project and making the moulds and parts professionally would probably cost more than the thousands to rent the car as if that wasn't already a lot. So a lot of the bodies on the market weren't splashed from rentals. But if you're serious about it, that's awesome but it's probably something you'd need to do on your own.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 04:34:03 PM by Tallon »

BigPines

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Liked: 272
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-1
« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2014, 04:16:13 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't a serious deposit required on that rental and who wants to sign their name (and credit) on this rental for this project? I'm not saying it is a bad idea. It has been done before and I'm sure it will be done again.

Personally, I would rather 3D scan the car to avoid damage but even that involves some risks. We'll get there. I'm not in a hurry personally.

But hey, we are kind of stomping on INSPIREcomposite's thread here. We should take this discussion elsewhere. Sorry INSPIRE.
If I don't have time to do it right, when will I have time to do it over?

Xyberz

« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2014, 04:04:00 PM »
vetter's murcie was one of the more inaccurate ones from what I know but looks like you wouldn't go to him for a lambo kit

I don't think anyone will risk ruining a new aventador like that, gotta find one salvaged, it took years to copy older models why do people expect this car to be copied so fast :S no one has even finished an lp670 rep yet

That's why you also get the LDI  ;) and then there are no worries if for some odd reason a bunch of gear heads can't figure out how to slap a Lambo back together, then there won't be any issues.  I would normally never purchase it on a normal rental but this is very special case in which I would.  Also after extensive research, I don't see why it would be any more difficult than any other vehicles.  Every panel that you can see on the outside of the actual vehicle unbolts and comes right off.  Thankfully this vehicle is a monocoque so NONE of the body panels with the exception of the roof, is permanently attached to the frame itself.  Thus making splashing the whole exterior with near 100% accuracy that but better.  No 3D models of guesstimates needed here.  Luckily the roof isn't some crazy maze of shapes so splashing that along with the pillars shouldn't be extremely difficult.  If there are a group of extremely excited and dedicated vehicles, I don't see why this couldn't happen.  I'm just throwing this stuff out there.  There is a place that rents a matte black Aventador starting around $5,500 a day.  I'm figuring a week would be sufficient time to mold some plugs.  1/2 a day to carefully tear down the vehicle to the rolling chassis, about 4-5 days to splash the panels and make the molds, and the rest to put everything back in place.   Also while we're at it, why not create a simple jig to accurately measure and possibly come up with a frame that people can build themselves.  Not everyone wants to reuse tired old vehicles.  If you have welding skills, why not make a frame?  If you provide the labor and parts, I don't believe it would cost much more than buying a donor vehicle and modifying that.  I could be wrong on that last point, so don't peg me to the stake hahaha.

It may seem like a lot, but why not get a group of seriously interested individuals together, get a small fraction of money from each member of the group to rent the vehicle and splash the heck out of this vehicle.  I'm pretty sure most of us here can make a pretty decent mold off an actual piece.  Not all of us have the talent to eyeball and freehand things, that's where expertise and excellent skill comes in, but most people with any average skills can create a mold with near perfect accuracy.  If we have a team, each one can be allocated to a section of the vehicle in order to be efficient and save as much time as possible.  Also I know the worry about someone running away with the funds and what not, but how is a group that will physically meet up run away with the funds?  It's not like it's being sent to 1 person.  A whole helluva lot safer this way IMO. 

Just throwing the idea out there.  I don't believe it needs to take years to create an accurate body, panels, and most importantly, the molds in order to reproduce those parts. 

INSPIREcomposite (BANNED)

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Liked: 108
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2014, 03:35:03 PM »
these are the latest venta parts ive made.

BigPines

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Liked: 272
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-1
« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2014, 12:30:13 PM »
Let's put our money together and rent the Aventador for a week and just splash everything and then put it back together like nothing happened.  What better way of getting accuracy  ::thumbup

This happened on the Countach. The guys brought the car back a mess from what I have read. Ouch!

Patience...Trust me, people are working towards an OEM kit right now. It will happen.
If I don't have time to do it right, when will I have time to do it over?

Fatboyslim

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 149
  • Member Rating Points: +6/-0
  • Lamborghini Addiction
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2014, 10:14:43 AM »
I think you have a very good point about the Aventador body's Tallon, it took builders some time before they got a nice looking murci body available, the Aventador body thats available is too new and doesnt look quite right (venta700). The only Aventador body ive seen that looks accurate is from Carlos Munoz but no one can reach him. As far as paying someone to build you a car, thats honest and guaranteed not to rip you off and does awesome work, mike vetter is hands down the guy you want. Trust me, that guy is on a completely different level than anyone i have ever seen, simply jawdropping work, no joking.
Quote from: Tallon link=topic=1496.msg17744#msg17744 dat=1396012879
vetter's murcie was one of the more inaccurate ones from what I know but looks like you wouldn't go to him for a lambo kit

I don't think anyone will risk ruining a new aventador like that, gotta find one salvaged, it took years to copy older models why do people expect this car to be copied so fast :S no one has even finished an lp670 rep yet

Tallon

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 186
  • Member Rating Points: +18/-5
« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2014, 08:21:19 AM »

« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 08:30:18 AM by Tallon »

Xyberz

« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2014, 05:41:49 AM »
http://kitcarmike.com/the-car-factory-store/etv.aspx

Wow, another great kit car designer/fabricator.  Too bad they're not interested in working with this project though  :(

Well not sure what happened to this thread but hoping someone will do a near 100% splash of this vehicle.  Let's put our money together and rent the Aventador for a week and just splash everything and then put it back together like nothing happened.  What better way of getting accuracy  ::thumbup

Tusabes

• Liked: 127
  • Member Rating Points: +8/-2

Xyberz

« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2014, 04:30:50 AM »
  If you want to see some of the most amazing work known to mankind look for mike vetter hes in florida, i actually drove 5000 miles to see him and his shop, i still get chills thinking about what i saw. I have never seen a more awesome display of talent. His cars are in movies and even some NBA players have bought his cars. Hes very nice and downt to earth, you can give him $1000 dollars cash and come back in 20 years and he will still be holding it in his pocket for you.

Does Mike have a site or is he pretty much only old school?

Fatboyslim

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 149
  • Member Rating Points: +6/-0
  • Lamborghini Addiction
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2014, 01:53:26 AM »
  If you want to see some of the most amazing work known to mankind look for mike vetter hes in florida, i actually drove 5000 miles to see him and his shop, i still get chills thinking about what i saw. I have never seen a more awesome display of talent. His cars are in movies and even some NBA players have bought his cars. Hes very nice and downt to earth, you can give him $1000 dollars cash and come back in 20 years and he will still be holding it in his pocket for you.

Xyberz

« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2014, 12:50:17 AM »
I'm new to this forum but I've read about this "Watson" guy.  Who is he?  Seems like he does some amazing work.
I'm new to this forum but I've read about this "Watson" guy.  Who is he?  Seems like he does some amazing work. 
john Watson
One of the most talented kit builders ever
His company was air dynamics
 http://www.air-dynamics.ws/ 
Due to health issues he isn't building anything and several people haven't been able to get what they already paid for

Wow, sorry to hear.  Hopefully he gets better.  Looking at the pictures on the site, that looks like an awesome build.  Reminds me of Extreme but they have their own problems too since the new owners took over.  I bought the build CD since I was considering the Murcielago and they have the most accurate kit ever, but then the Aventador caught my eye and that was the end of that.  Now the obsession has set in hahaha

Tusabes

• Liked: 127
  • Member Rating Points: +8/-2
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2014, 12:22:18 AM »
john Watson
One of the most talented kit builders ever
His company was air dynamics
 http://www.air-dynamics.ws/ 
Due to health issues he isn't building anything and several people haven't been able to get what they already paid for

Xyberz

« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2014, 12:10:54 AM »