Author Topic: backing up- no problem~  (Read 760 times)

tonypaul

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 54
  • Member Rating Points: +7/-0
backing up- no problem~
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2013, 02:48:18 PM »
After backing into my Hummer with my Diablo and messing up the rear bumper a few months ago I decided to try to help fix the problem of not being able to see while backing up. I picked up this new/refurb single din Kenwood kiv701 off ebay and just installed it along with a rear view camera.

Overall this is a pretty good stereo, I had somewhat of a tough time finding a stereo that was a single din that had a rear camera option that didnt have a motorized pop out screen. The only features I was looking for was something that had front and rear and sub RCA outputs and a USB connection since I keep all my music on a USB stick. I didnt want bluetooth, HD, GPS, ect, just something simple and this Kenwood model fit the needs.

I also rewired all the wiring to the amps with a larger gauge wire and this thing rocks now! I was considering doing some cutting on the center console so I could go with larger stereo but I decided just to keep it the way it is. Even though the gauges in the center console are some cheapo's they work really well.