<< < (2/2)

jdinner:
Do you have a pin assignment?
1 - 2 - 3 - 4
or
A - B - C - D
or
S - F - L - P

You can hook this up without a computer simply by using an alternator charge light.
Let me know.

italianknightrider:
Red - To the PCM

Orange - Optional, but I have been hooking them up anyways - Run to unswitched +12v. I tie it to where I get power from the power distribution post to supply to the PCM. I have both the S2 PCM and the alternator on a 10A fuse. People think I miswired the plug if there is only the red wire to it.

Gray - Used by some PCMs to know the alternator is turning and how much power the alternator is putting out. Not used with the standard Series 2 PCM swap.
The orange wire is a battery voltage sense wire. The battery sense wire would be needed if there was a significant voltage drop between the battery and the alternator. You might want to keep it if you have a remote battery, however it is not required.

usmc_butler:
My car isnt charging and I remember when I installed the wiring harness on the 3800 that the alternator plug is different and wont plug into this alternator. The plug I have has 3 connectors and the alternator has 4. I fond the correct plug I think but can somebody please tell me what wire needs to be hot from the key to get the alternator to charge?

This is the alternator that I have and this is the plug I need I believe...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALTERNATOR-WIRE-LEAD-PLUG-HARNESS-REPAIR-CONNECTOR-DELCO-CS130D-4-TERMINAL-/171132809292?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27d84f704c&vxp=mtr

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version