Author Topic: My lambo was stolen tuesdsay!! A guy came to test drive it and took off! 5000$  (Read 34903 times)

Tusabes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 127
  • Member Rating Points: +8/-2
That looks like the car !! The flat side scoops and all

Get the cops to get in contact with eBay - they will have to pretend to win this auction and pay the guy - I'm sure he will say shipping only , no in person pickups

They can track his IP address

Is it possible to easily take off the body and put it on a dodge chassis ?

Is this it? I noticed the location is in Louisiana.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Replica-Kit-Makes-Lamborghini-Murcielago-LP640-Lamborghini-Murcielago-LP640-Replica-/281210041920?forcerrptr=true&hash=item41796cb640&item=281210041920&pt=US_Cars_Trucks
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 12:02:33 AM by Tusabes »

jw9800

• Liked: 3
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
lamborand got the right idea. Give flyers to every storage place within a 100 miles. They will know if a car like that came through. It's not sitting on some street some where but it is much closer than you think. I hope you find it.

Spyder3000gtvr4

Hey rob that sucks. My red IFG vt with 3800sc 5 speed was stolen in 99/2000 by the guy IFG told me to send it to so it could be finished. Jim algers of north ridge California never saw my diablo again I was out 20k I feel your pain. Signed up just to relate and yea after all this time I'm still looking

LamboJayso

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Liked: 17
  • Member Rating Points: +6/-2
  • Experience is everything!
-Jayso

lamborand

• Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +6/-10
  Just a little helpful advice if you want it..the guy who posted about your car being close by you is 100% correct. Im sure your car is somewhere closer than you think. i will bet $100 that its in a storage facility right now. Try looking in a neighborhood that you think that guy might associate with and for sure fax a picture of the car to  every single storage facility within a 100 mile radius. im sure the people who run the offices of the storage facility would notice that car being loaded or unloaded. Its somewhere near you, drive through "the hood" to see if its parked anywhere and hand out flyers with reward of cash money. the cars features are too difficult and expensive to exchange or replace such as wheels, engine, lights , grilles etc so its likely that the car will remain the same look only different paint color and a new stereo maybe. Goodluck ::wave
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 11:45:23 PM by lamborand »

lamborand

• Member Rating Points: +6/-10
 Dont be so fast to point fingers, theres a moral to this story ok. This is a forum that we should be allowed to speak about our experiences so that others can learn from it right?. Are we not allowed to voice our stories and experiences here? Does that rule only apply to people who are well known and established here?. . i really do hope he finds his car and i actually find myself subconciously looking for it as i scroll daily through ebay and other lambo replica sites. We all share this forum and anytime we see something or someone that isnt right we should all say something about it in hopes others can learn from it.  I wish everyone well, happy building and be kind to others. Have a nice day.  ::wave
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 12:04:50 AM by lamborand »

robreezy

• Member Rating Points: +2/-2
Thanks to everyone who's trying to help. Please just message me with your concerns or just call me and we can work it out. If everybody could just keep their eyes and ears open. You guys know how much work and time it takes to build these, and how they are part of your lifestyle. We are all here doing the same exact thing. Instead of discussing our differences we should be discussing what it is we are all doing here in the first place, our passion for cars. Again big thanks to all you guys helping me, I've seen posts on forums of you guys sharing, and it's all very much appreciated. This is what it is gonna take to bring my car home.

BigPines

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Liked: 272
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-1
Wow, this thread has really got off topic. The original poster is not on trial. He is asking for help. Whether he is arrogant or a nice guy himself is immaterial.

lamorand, if you feel you were wronged, why not be the bigger man and offer help or stay out of it. Saying "serves you right" does not make you look very good. Also, in case you don't realize, it is rude to hijack someone's thread and defame them.

Can't we all just get along?
If I don't have time to do it right, when will I have time to do it over?

robreezy

Thank you! I just want to find my car period. Sorry I rejected your offer get over it. Like the guy below me said you just repeated yourself and tried to clean it up a bit from your last post. Saying it was my KARMA bc I turned down your offer. What is it exactly you are trying to accomplish? Make me look bad to make yourself look better? Turn people against me bc I tired down your offer? And in fact for your knowledge, my neighbors are all my friends who ride motorcycles and build fast cars, doing the same exact thing. Just move on, I don't people "busting my chops" after a part of my life just got taken from me. Reverse the situation put yourself in my shoes! This wasn't just a car, this was something my father and I July together, he passed away right after, then some thief just comes and takes it! I feel bad enough without people like you rubbing my face in it. All you guys should start a new thread where you can bash people in peace.

Tallon

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 186
  • Member Rating Points: +18/-5
I think we all got the point the first time you posted basically the same exact thing, not quite sure what you are trying to do either, no one cares about someone's opinion on another person or if he didn't want to sell you something, the guy never took anything from you. He had a very special item taken from him and you are trying to turn people against him. Not right.

robreezy

Don't give this guy any ideas, I would appreciate people sticking to the topic. Or just pm me. I don't see why some of you guys have to be so rude. This is the one place I figured people would completely understand.
It's sad to think some there's people out there who just thrive on negativity. I feel bad for you guys. I'm not trying to be rude, when I first posted this thread your the same guy who posted Calling me an idiot and this and that then immediately deleted your posts. There's no need for them, your just showing your character and not making yourself look any better.

eddie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 286
  • Member Rating Points: +19/-2
the car is in the storage, no one will see it for couple of years, then quick repaint and some one who knows all about will drive it again. I've seen it before ( twice ) sad is all the work and sentimental value.

I don't care if you get mad at me or the whole forum, you have $5k for reward but have no $1K  for insurance. I don't get it. good luck .I'm checking our Auto trader here in Canada.

robreezy

Yes I did. He was picked up from a hotel right off the highway. The detective has tried all avenues at the hotel. He said he flew in from Louisana and said his name was Cory. I have had tons of leads and I'm sure it's only a matter of time before somebody speaks out for the reward money. I just don't see him being able to do much with this car. He's an idiot for taking this car in the first place. A smart thief would have targeted a more common car. He picked the worst car possible to steal.

jw9800

Here is a question, where did the cab driver pick him up at? More than likely he didn't fly in from anywhere. He probably had a truck parked somewhere near where he was picked up. Probably not far from where he test drove it. You don't want to drive a car like that too far because people will see you. I'd say he lives within a 100 miles of you. The body has to turn up ay some point, he probably didn't understand it was all one piece. Just my take on it. Did you put a ad in the local paper?

robreezy

Lp640 if you take the time to read, all the info I have on him I have posted. Please keep your rude comments to yourself. If the situation were reversed would you wanna hear it? Just trying to find my car, what's done is done period. +1 (318) 507-0893 is the number he used to call me. I didn't get a background check before he stole my car. Yea I wish I had handled the situation differently. Do you honestly think I don't ask myself this question every minute of my life? I don't need people tellig me what I did wrong, I already know, but thanks