Author Topic: Wheel Widening  (Read 7004 times)

Tallon

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 186
  • Member Rating Points: +18/-5
Re: Wheel Widening
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2012, 09:50:40 AM »
It seems like all the affordable wheels out there are like +50-60 offset
I was even looking at 9x12's for vettes (since my bolt pattern is 120) and still they were huge offset..so they need more than an inch added or more than an inch spacer.

It looks to me to get the right wheels you'll be spending as much as you would be on oems :S could be wrong but I'm definitely having trouble finding wheels

If you add to the lip won't you be making the offset more negative? And you said the offset is good to begin with.

I'd hate to cut my arms apart >_<
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 09:55:48 AM by Tallon »

SchulzeA

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 09:47:25 AM »
I suppose so if you wanted to change the offset. I planned on getting an offset close to what I need and add all the width to the outer lip. Plus you could always change your control arm length to accommodate any offset.

Tallon

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 186
  • Member Rating Points: +18/-5
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 06:53:00 AM »
So when they say change your offset they mean making the lip come out more? I was wondering how they would do that. If 4" goes to front on an 8" wheel only 1" would be added to back/inside I suppose.

SchulzeA

• Trade Count: (0)
Wheel Widening
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 02:07:38 AM »
I've been looking for wheels and found the link below. I've researched wheel widening and haven't found anyone with any issues yet. People say it cost $100-$250 a wheel, but I haven't contacted anyone from weldcraft yet to verify. If so, it really opens up your wheel options for those people who want to run a 12-13" wide rim. Buy some reasonable priced 9" wide wheels and have the rear wheels widened to 13". Add 4" to the lip and have that cool offset that looks great on these cars for a fraction of the price.
http://www.weldcraftwheels.com/
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 02:12:03 AM by SchulzeA »