How To - Tips > Electrical

Murci Headlight Amber Lights

<< < (2/3) > >>

String:
I have a couple of pics I went searching for which show the lens at an angle , which may make the OE construction a bit clearer.
The lights I am using are VW Golf Mk3 ( 1992-1999) front bumper indicators & side repeater lamps, the lens have an ideal slight curve and the pattern in the lens to look just right. The bulb holder ideally is for a BAY9s bulb and the holder comes from a VW passat or Audi TT , then at the moment the side repeater body mounts to the headlamp shell.

No Bull:
After going back and looking at these, I think what String is doing is the better way of making these.  At first I thought the lenses would be best mounted to the rear of the bucket but the originals appear flush with the shelf like String is doing his.  What car did the lenses you are cutting up come from?

Chris

String:
I did mention this idea in another post - but anyway , this is what I am using.

I am cutting the lens off and then to shape -  larger than the hole by as much as possible , if you cut upwards off centre you keep the E marking on the lens.
The rear part I am going to cut to fit in the bulb aperture , but is the wrong type bulb / holder so until I do it completely can't be certain yet I won't change the bulb if it lights up strangely.

01Lambiero:
1.275" x 3.165"

No Bull:
Thanks for the links Jim.  I think that the Accord markers that you posted the link for are a candidate and would look pretty nice if I can't find something a little closer to OEM.  The size looks like it would be really close.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/90-93-HONDA-ACCORD-LX-DX-EX-JDM-AMBER-FENDER-SIDE-MARKER-LIGHTS-SIGNAL-LAMPS-/400400948815?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3AHonda&hash=item5d39c19e4f&vxp=mtr

Thanks,

Chris

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version