The Forum > Housekeeping - Forum Tips & Announcements

What is Member Rating?

<< < (2/3) > >>

No Bull:
Changes:

1. No more negative ratings.

2. A new member must have 3 posts under their belt before they can leave a positive rating for a member.

Thanks for the suggestions

Chris

BigPines:
Good idea! Maybe a user doesn't have negative voting authority until they have acquired a certain amount of positive votes from unique members? Or only give negative votes to moderators - I am cool with that too.

autopro:
LOL I didn't even notice I received a negative  :(

Maybe you should only make this option available to active members of the board with a certain amount of posts before they can use it.  :-X

BigPines:
Hehehe, yeah just like I thought, the member rating thing doesn't mean much. I notice I finally have a negative for something. It is totally possible that I may have pissed someone off. I have a tendency to do that because I call it like I see it a lot. ;)

...but the thing I also noticed is autopro (Pedro) and SchulzeA (Alan) also both have negatives as of today. I have never seen either of these stellar members write anything that could be remotely construed as poor judgement. I have also seen some other strange negatives on other users. I suspect someone is just going along and giving a few negatives to people who don't have any yet as an equalizer of sorts. I don't care if people mess with me but it makes me mad when people mess with my friends.

Chris, it would be interesting to do a query to find out if the person who handed these negatives out is the same person. I suspect they are because I refuse to believe the feedback is real.

I figured this would happen. I like the idea but the problem is there is no accountability. Someone can anonymously give someone a bad mark out of jealousy or any other inappropriate reason. It may be better if we at least had to associate the feedback to a particular post. That way, we would at least know why we have been given a good or bad mark.

From now on, I'll take the member feedback with a grain of salt. It doesn't mean much to me.

Texas:

--- Quote from: Tallon on November 14, 2013, 06:53:40 AM ---Yeah a random negative! Do I win?

--- End quote ---
Yep first place. Here I will offset it for you

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version