Build Diaries > Murcielago

Purple People Eater LP670 SV Build!!!

<< < (2/128) > >>

lambo_sam:

--- Quote from: Purple LP670 SV on April 28, 2019, 12:58:36 AM ---So I received my McMaster reducible force shocks and boy are they nice! Worth every penny as far as quality, I also ordered some stainless standoffs to mount the struts near the hinge. So far everything functions as it should, obviously the struts are pretty hard to close at the moment, it will be awhile before I can reduce them to where I want them.

--- End quote ---

Keep up the good works Purple! I want to add I have said this before and I will say it again, for you and those that have reduceable shocks, Don't reduce them at all!!, These doors get really heavy once fully completed, and these
shock will eventually wear as time goes on.

Purple LP670 SV:
Pulled out the OEM door lock actuators I got awhile back. Love it when things like this fall in place as they should.

Purple LP670 SV:
So I received my McMaster reducible force shocks and boy are they nice! Worth every penny as far as quality, I also ordered some stainless standoffs to mount the struts near the hinge. So far everything functions as it should, obviously the struts are pretty hard to close at the moment, it will be awhile before I can reduce them to where I want them.

Purple LP670 SV:
Passenger side now has glass strand behind it and 2 layers of glass securing the frame to the door! Gonna see if I can't get the struts mounted this weekend. I'm using the McMaster reducible force struts part #6465K6 if any one is interested, they appear to be perfect for this application. Right around $60 a piece they are not the cheapest but they are a very excellent quality strut and should last a long time.

Purple LP670 SV:
Passenger door is all glassed in! Moving onto the driver's door!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version