Author Topic: Roof Frame  (Read 1959 times)

italianknightrider

• IKR
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Liked: 79
  • Member Rating Points: +36/-2
  • LAMBOCLONE MAFIA - Administrator / Owner
Re: Roof Frame
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2013, 10:41:53 PM »
thanks guys , most of our builds are roadsters , my square tubing bender go up to 1.5"
We hope our post help someone finish their build or get them interested in our hobby and start a build.

AdrianBurton

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 202
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2013, 09:47:22 PM »
I wouldnt go beyond 1" for the cage unless you intend on wearing a helmet, I had mine made from 1.5" and ended up taking it out case my head was UN-confortably close to it.

SchulzeA

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Liked: 217
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-1
  • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 08:30:59 PM »
Sounds like a good plan. It will add a lot of strength to your chassis. Only suggestion is using a larger diameter tubing if possible.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 09:59:06 PM by SchulzeA »

italianknightrider

• IKR
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Liked: 79
  • Member Rating Points: +36/-2
  • LAMBOCLONE MAFIA - Administrator / Owner
Roof Frame
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 06:39:49 PM »

not sure if i am going to use 3/4"  round or square tubing ... building something similar to this , we will use the coupe roof as a pattern , this is Bobi pic. but he never sent the file to me for the roof cage , i think the dash support should be incorporated into the front "A" pillars ,this way the whole section could be grafted onto the fiero or 91-95 MR2 ,the rear fire wall top tubing supports will be weld to angle iron ,this way a solid piece will sit on the Fiero top firewall across it and down the rear upper frame supports of the fiero stretch chassis ,with a sheet metal back glass opening in the roof cage ,i wish i could do a drawing of the roof cage over the stretched fiero chassis.

Posting any idea,s and support is welcome as long as we stay focused on the subject.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 06:56:46 PM by italianknightrider »
We hope our post help someone finish their build or get them interested in our hobby and start a build.