Author Topic: Door Hinge Adjustment - How the Factory Does It  (Read 6480 times)

String

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Liked: 135
  • Member Rating Points: +19/-0
Re: Door Hinge Adjustment - How the Factory Does It
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2013, 05:30:40 AM »
Alright I confess , to just buying a pair of these ... ;

Oooh , Red leather.

BigPines

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Liked: 272
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-1
Re: Door Hinge Adjustment - How the Factory Does It
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2013, 12:06:37 AM »
I have noticed those panels before too but it never dawned on me what they are for either. Thanks Chris! This will be very helpful. :)
If I don't have time to do it right, when will I have time to do it over?

No Bull

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • Liked: 299
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
  • Replication is the sincerest form of flattery
Door Hinge Adjustment - How the Factory Does It
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2013, 09:26:13 PM »
I had the privilege of hanging out with a friend today that has four (yes that's right.. 4) original Lamborghini's.  He's currently restoring a 86 Countach but he also has a Diablo, a Murcie coupe and his daily driver is a Gallardo.  I try not to bother him that often since he's a busy guy and he lives about two hours away.  While I there today, I took some pictures of the Murci factory decals (color, size and locations) and studied a couple areas on the car.  After leaving his place, my buddy Jeff pointed out the square covers on the front fender jambs that are located under the door hinges.  I've noticed them before but never really understood why they where there.  Jeff pointed out that with that panel removed, you are able to loosely attach the hinge to the door, shut the door completely, adjust the gaps and with the front tire removed, access the hinge bolts through these holes and tighten everything down.

I'll admit that I'm a little embarrassed that I didn't figure this out on my own but I'm guessing that there might be others out there that could benefit from this information and consider adding these functional panels.  ::thumbup

Chris
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 10:50:20 PM by No Bull »