Author Topic: Strange fit on door windows???  (Read 4832 times)

No Bull

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • Liked: 299
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
  • Replication is the sincerest form of flattery
Re: Strange fit on door windows???
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2013, 05:36:50 PM »
PS:  Advice also welcome on how to post pics with a thread; tried before and couldn't figure it out.  (And yes, I'm one of those tech-challenged old farts)

I see that you've figured it out with some help from BigPines.   ::thumbup

Here is some additional help if you or anyone needs it.

Thanks,

Chris

http://lamboclone.com/index.php?topic=387.0

dwafford

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 1
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2013, 05:32:50 PM »
Thanks for the advice.  We'll see if I get it right.  If so, the first pic shows the front portion of the window frame taped to the inner shell A frame, and the second shows the outer skin laid on top of that.  Thanks again for any tips!

BigPines

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Liked: 272
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-1
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 04:48:51 PM »
To post pics...when you create a new post via the REPLY button (not the Quick Reply feature), simply click the link below the content section called "Attachments and other options" and the attachment controls will become visible. You can navigate to select the image you want to upload but some browsers allow you to drag and drop an image directly on the textbox (mine does).
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 04:51:18 PM by BigPines »
If I don't have time to do it right, when will I have time to do it over?

dwafford

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 1
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
Strange fit on door windows???
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 04:07:33 PM »
I've just finished fabricating the channels/tracks on my Diablo Roadster build, and started trying to fit one side into the door.   When I align the slanted portion of the glass with the door A pillar, the rear corner of the glass sticks up about 2" above the door B pillar (which on my kit is just a flat piece of fiberglass - lots of head-scratching remaining to be done there).  I think this is okay, because this seems to match (roughly) the pics I've seen of real Diablos.  What's really puzzling me is that the short vertical section of the glass at the front of the door is slanted relative to the edge of the mirror mounting panel.  Don't know if I'm explaining this very well - but in photos of genyoowine cars, it appears that the trailing edge of the mirror mounting panel/leading edge of the door glass is pretty much vertical.  As mine seems to be fitting up, the leading edge of the glass will be sloping a couple of inches - farthest rearward at the top corner, sloping forward to the bottom corner.  I don't know for certain whose kit I have (bought from an individual years ago), so this may be unique to my kit, but I just wanted to check to see if anyone had run into a similar problem.  I'll try to post a pic or two when I get home from work to better clarify.  Any advice will be most welcome, even if accompanied by rolling eyes and groans of, "You big dummy, you!"  ('Cause I say that to myself a lot!)

PS:  Advice also welcome on how to post pics with a thread; tried before and couldn't figure it out.  (And yes, I'm one of those tech-challenged old farts)