Author Topic: Bobi (plans4sale) chassis 106"WB  (Read 3916 times)

Robert

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 124
  • Member Rating Points: +4/-0
  • Lamborghini's rule!
Re: Bobi (plans4sale) chassis 106"WB
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2014, 01:49:54 AM »
Well., I finally finished crunching the numbers for my LS4 in a Chassis Works chassis. I am making the bottom subframe/engine cradle 11 inches wider, and the top section of the rear subframe 2 inches wider. This will give me 1 inch of engine clearance for the trans and engine on top. I am modifying the chassis so the lower section/engine cradle and suspension will unbolt, and removed from the bottom, just like a front wheel drive car. Because the lower control arm is 5 inches shorter, I think that progressive springs are in order. With the lower control are shorter, the leverage/lever factor on the coil overs changed. I don't think 400lb springs are needed, the ride would be too hard.  I am using factory rubber drivetrain mounts. I don't want to feel drive train vibrations.What do my lambo brothers think? I will be posting pics soon.
Robert, Journeyman experimental mechanic, Journeyman experimental painter.

italianknightrider

• IKR
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Liked: 79
  • Member Rating Points: +36/-2
  • LAMBOCLONE MAFIA - Administrator / Owner
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2014, 10:18:35 PM »
thank you guys , MY REQUEST FOR SOME MEASUREMENTS WAS IGNORED ,i understand why ,i will and shall return that favor at a later date.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 02:59:51 PM by italianknightrider »
We hope our post help someone finish their build or get them interested in our hobby and start a build.

SchulzeA

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Liked: 217
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-1
  • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 10:12:30 PM »
I have the corvette suspension pick up points for the control arms, alignment specs ect that your welcome to. Have you considered adjusting Bobi's plans to work with the corvette & chassis works suspension? It may be minimal work to move a few pieces of tubing or change the brackets to fit.
Check this out http://performancetrends.com/SuspAnzr.htm
The corvette suspension is the default for the free download version

italianknightrider

• IKR
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Liked: 79
  • Member Rating Points: +36/-2
  • LAMBOCLONE MAFIA - Administrator / Owner
Bobi (plans4sale) chassis 106"WB
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 06:47:02 AM »
First this is Bobi plans and this is Tantukka chassis .......asking some questions about a hybrid by mixing it with the CW rear cradle /lower engine bay with suspension and using the front lower basket for corvette suspension ,this would require changing the tubs main beam across bottom of lower firewall and same across the lower front ,maybe better to make the whole base CW size.

JDinner
RT
SchulzeA
OTHERS                            ... any ideas ,this would be a quick way to adapt the CW suspension to get a rolling Chassis

need measurements between gas tank boxes on lower rear
slide this in between box opening ,of course remove the arms for CW gas box

now full suspension is done
adding this front basket with Corvette suspension and rear lower engine bay with custom rear suspension
front and rear suspension worked out by using a larger base tubing all the way around all the uprights would have to be shorten so the chassis hieght remains the same.

here sick / flu all week ,19 degree,s outside ,taking medicine and waking up ,every 6 hours ,eating soup finally ,i have had plenty time to play on the computer and just think about car stuff in between.

4 Speed Auto
Opinions please

« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 07:30:26 AM by italianknightrider »
We hope our post help someone finish their build or get them interested in our hobby and start a build.