How To - Tips > Heating and Cooling

Rover HVAC controller

<< < (2/6) > >>

CCIE:
So let me contribute a bit......

I bought several of the Rover units to figure it out myself for my Diablo 60. I was able to interface and do several things and I am sure there are many different ways to approach this unit. I eventually asked Riceburner for assistance and bought his Rover controller board as well as his OEM copy AC controller unit. The unit can be adopted in several different approach but I figure the convenience is more important hence Riceburner's setup was the best approach. His setup is detailed and all laid out. To simplify attached are few pic of the Rover setup with Riceburner's controller setup and his OEM copy setup, If you need more information just ask

CCIE

CCIE

Digibeam:
Here is the inside circuit board of my OEM unit.

SchulzeA:
Nice work sir. Thanks for sharing your progress.

usmc_butler:
String once again this is why you are my hero  :notworthy

String:
This is the stage I have got to so far , bearing in mind there are 15 fault codes and you have to progress through each in turn , and solve any errors in the wiring diagram.
I am working towards a complete component requirement list , which will then remove the fault codes and allow me to complete the four diagnostic stages that are built in.
I am using a genuine hvac unit and is wired in a completely different way , utilising four actuator motors ( with no feedback) and two coolant flow valves , so I was recently at the stage where I was stuck at fault code EC which is listed as IRR sensor ( which I have) , so confused and then re-read the rover codes to discover this one code is swapped with EE , ::counfused ,

So there is good chance I will end up replacing the actuators on the heater unit , or adding a couple of potentiometers to a couple of the motors to give the two required feedbacks.

'Dwafford' , found it yet ? ,  ::scratch

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version