Author Topic: Rob is at it again  (Read 8093 times)

Fatboyslim

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 149
  • Member Rating Points: +6/-0
  • Lamborghini Addiction
Re: Rob is at it again
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2014, 02:34:39 AM »
 Its actually a Diablo body w/ naerc chassis that i bought from jerry, and yes the car from Rob is an Aventador roadster, i have been waiting for the aventador since july and its almost paid off.. the diablo is actually a great find i guess i was just lucky to be at the right place at the right time..i will do my best to build this car myself and do it right, i will post pics when i get to atlanta to see the car, it has tons of work already done, jerry told me that he just finished mounting the V12 engine and audi trans. looking forward to it im sure i will asking lots of help thanks  :)

Tusabes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 127
  • Member Rating Points: +8/-2
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2014, 02:05:50 AM »
Wow so you're gonna have a murci and an aventador ??

Fatboyslim

• Lamborghini Addiction
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2014, 01:26:29 AM »
Thanks very much, im looking forward to doing this build...jerry the prev owner did tons of work already and the car was supposed to be close match up/duplication of jdinners diablo all the way down to the suspension and V12 engine. Im surprised the car was for sale for so long time because it includes everything to finish the car except the windshield, i mean everything and all for $10k?? im taking a road trip to see jerry for the fist time leaving tomorow cause its been too long and getting kinda weird, i will stop by to see Rob in ariz. along the way and check on my car and i will post pics if your interested to see how far robs gotten with my aventador (the one in your pics).  :)

SchulzeA

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Liked: 217
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-1
  • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2014, 12:40:28 AM »
It's worth giving your own build a shot! Sounds like you have a good start and there's plenty of info from forum members to help you along the remaining build process.

Fatboyslim

• Lamborghini Addiction
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2014, 08:22:55 PM »
I bought the car build project from rob back in july i have been paying every month since. I bought the chassis from fastbusa bcause it was too good of a deal to pass up. After researching for a few months i thot id give it a try to do my own build. It will be fun and challenging.

SchulzeA

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Liked: 217
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-1
  • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2014, 02:50:25 PM »
Why are you having a fiero built if you bought a Naerc chassis from fastbusa? 

Big maestro

• Liked: 6
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2014, 01:57:06 PM »
lol, i guess thats their jobs. (telling us we're idiots.) If it had a corvette v8 swap then I can understand that. I thought it was just for a fiero stretched. Good luck, I have never dealt with Rob, so I don't have no opinion of him. Hopefully everything works out for you.

Fatboyslim

• Lamborghini Addiction
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2014, 12:32:29 PM »
I was pretty green and eager when i started this, im fairly well educated now, i graduated with honors from the school of hard knocks...the reason the price was $8000 was because it has the V8 conversion already done w/corvette engine, robs been fair and upfront with me to this point, sometimes i get concerned but i think its the nature of this kind of business. i have to have 100% trust and stay positive, kinda hard when i have my wife letting me know on a daily basis that im an idiot, But hey...its all good
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 11:09:44 PM by Fatboyslim »

Big maestro

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2014, 12:01:47 PM »
Why would someone pay $8000 for a fiero that has just been cut in half and stretched? If it has held suspension new bushings brakes etc. I could halfway understand. If anyone needs a fiero stretched let me know I could save you a few dollars and it will be alot stronger than the way that one in the pic is done. I would never use the rear half or the car like that. The area where the extension slides into the frame is a major weak point. I cut all of the original frame out and replace it with tubing. The way that car looks is just scary to me. Anyway, I guess thats the cheapest quickest way to do it...

01Lambiero

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 403
  • Member Rating Points: +24/-3
  • "Using the skills that God gave me"
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2014, 11:51:50 AM »
I want more than that for mine.

Jim
20 yr. GM Niase certified Auto Mechanic (Tune-Up, Brakes, & Heavy Repair)
24 yr. GM Automated/Robotic Welding Systems
Retired

Big maestro

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2014, 08:23:32 AM »
$8000.00 just for a running chassis?

Fatboyslim

• Lamborghini Addiction
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2014, 02:06:48 AM »
I just looked for my video he posted on youtube of my chassis called "randys build diary" wich clearly shows that chassis you see in the videos on this stream, and its now deleted, dont know why.  that was a chassis that i paid $8k for back in july. the video you see there is my car. im sure its just some confusion, i will call rob tomorow to clear this up.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 11:11:01 PM by Fatboyslim »

Tusabes

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2014, 02:00:49 AM »
Wouldn't be the first time rob has sent pics to more than one person , and said that was the car he was building for them !

Fatboyslim

• Lamborghini Addiction
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2014, 01:56:01 AM »
Hi guys, umm i think thats my chassis that Rob is building for me.. Rob told me the car in the video was mine. I guess i better ask him.. search randy's build diary on his youtube channel. you can see my chassis there weeks before the body's arrived.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 11:11:31 PM by Fatboyslim »

Tusabes

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2014, 05:44:50 PM »
This will probably be the first running USA aventador replica
Besides z and m with their gto based kits