Author Topic: Glass for a 6.0 and/or VT  (Read 1953 times)

bluefiero88

• Paul G / former founding member of D&R replicar.
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 15
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
  • Hi fellow car fabricators
Re: Glass for a 6.0 and/or VT
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2014, 06:27:18 PM »
I dont know how handy you are but you can probably use a pontiac transport windshield. It has to be cut to size with a pattern off your car. I cut my own windshield by sand blasting it on both sides all the way thru untill you erode the glass away enough to cut the plastic inside the glass with a rasor blade.You can get the small blaster at harbor freight. Its a little tricky but with alot of patience you can get it done. It takes about 4 hours to cut it. 2 hours a side and you got to be very carefull not to crack it. Glass is the hardest part of any kit. Trusting a glass shop to cut it for you scares me cause they cant be sure they wont crack the glass.
Paul G

drumseven

• Liked: 3
  • Heath Youmans
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2014, 05:10:11 PM »
CCIE Jeanine was very nice, we talked extensively she sent me dimensions for the windshield ,I have a CD body which the dimensions appear that they will work,i found glass packages for the SV and the Roadster on ebay but it appears the dimensions are too big, I don't know ifg 's dimensions but that could be a great help if that would work! Thanx for the help, if I don't hear good news from jeanine, maybe u could help me out with the ifg glass! Thanx!

CCIE

• Liked: 96
  • Member Rating Points: +12/-0
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2014, 12:59:22 PM »
The AGP windshield will need to be trimmed by few inches depending on which kit you are using, that is if you get a hold of one. I was at AGP several weeks back and they have moved into a smaller facility with limited inventory. Jeanine is awesome so if she said she will get back with you just give her time and she will.
If you can't get the AGP glass then email me. I might be able to get you a set of IFG glass (Windshield, side door glass) made for the IFG 60 but will be more expansive then AGP Glass. Attached are the spec for the AGP glass

CCIE
Yusha_2000@yahoo.com
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 01:13:34 PM by CCIE »

drumseven

• Liked: 3
  • Heath Youmans
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2014, 11:15:19 AM »
I have been calling agp for weeks the women I spoke with said they were out of windsheild glass for the roadsters and don't know if they are going to stock it any more , she said she would get back with me, its not looking to promising, does any one know of another source!

jdinner

• Liked: 25
  • Member Rating Points: +6/-0
    • KwikerCars
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2013, 08:15:06 PM »

Linlor

• Liked: 28
  • Member Rating Points: +5/-0
Glass for a 6.0 and/or VT
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2013, 12:06:15 AM »
Ok,  I have been trying search for a while trying to find what glass is used for the 6.0/VT and ca't seem to find what is used.

I will ask the question outright.  Apologies if this has already been answered but I can't seem to find it.

What glass is available for the Diablo 6.0/VT and where to purchase?

Thanks
Don