Author Topic: HELP! Diablo replica seats  (Read 4857 times)

JJS SE30

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Liked: 19
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
Re: HELP! Diablo replica seats
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2014, 12:08:40 AM »
Hey, Thanks for getting back with me on the seats.  I guessing you will have the molds that separate the headrest from the upper part of the seat.  I been tossing around a lot of different thoughts on what I'm gonna do.  Keep me posted on your seats, I actually had a guy respond to me on another site that had two fiberglass molded seats but they didn't have the gap between the upper seat and the head rest.  The price was right at $300.00 for both but If I'm going for factory year correct I would prefer the authentic look.  Let me know when you complete yours!  Thxs

bluefiero88

• Paul G / former founding member of D&R replicar.
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 15
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
  • Hi fellow car fabricators
Re: HELP! Diablo replica seats
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 06:13:14 PM »
Hi i had the same problem finding seats. The car body i got did not have any replica seats. Im currently making a fiberglass mold for those replica seats and should have it ready in a few weeks. once i get it done and get my first seat out of the mold i can send you a pic if your interested buying a set. They will be bare fiberglass and will have to go to a upholstery shop to be covered to match your interior. The seats will probably run about $300 each plus shipping unless you want to come to vegas for a pick up. 
Paul G

JJS SE30

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Liked: 19
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
HELP! Diablo replica seats
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 03:35:41 PM »
Hello Everyone, I'm a new member to the site and currently reconstructing a once road worthy IFG built Diablo SE30.  The car was vandalized and I'm putting her back together.  I new little parts here and there and hoping all of you experience kit car builders/owners can help.  First concern is- Is it really important to use the replica Diablo seats for that high dollar look or even for resale?  If so who has them or where can I get them?  I'm 6' and definitely need to keep height requirements in mind.  Also how much is the cost to have the seats foamed and cover in leather, where you sit of course, the rest can be vinyl?  Anyone got some for sale reasonably?  Any help in my matters would greatly be appreciated!  Thxs Guys
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 03:42:27 PM by JJS SE30 »