Author Topic: The Most Accurate Diablo VT Kit  (Read 9920 times)

tonypaul

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 54
  • Member Rating Points: +7/-0
Re: The Most Accurate Diablo VT Kit
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2014, 09:28:40 PM »
When I was shopping around for a Diablo I wasnt after the most "accurate", I was looking for the best built as far as the fiberglass and most complete kit. I didnt want to spend a ton of time fixxing crappy fiberglass work. There was one guy (the name escapes now) who had a super accurate, super well made body but it was way out of my budjet. In the end I determined that DnR offered the best body/kit that was in my budjet.

Call it luck, fate or what ever, I just happened to run across someone who knew someones cousins next door neighbor who knew the friend of someone that knew someone that had a complete kit from DnR that had been in storage for 3 years that never was started. A plane ride and a wad of cash I was able to get everything but the rear inner wheel wells and the side mirrors. The shipper forgot the wheel wells and the seller coundnt find the side mirror. The rest is history.....

But I figure now days getting a good Diablo body I bet is like getting any other good Lambo replica body. You gotta deal with scammers, sleeze balls, and every other type of people that sell replica bodies....

« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 09:45:55 PM by tonypaul »

Tallon

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 186
  • Member Rating Points: +18/-5
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2014, 04:31:11 PM »
The countach is an amazing car for how old it is, I'm not generally in to classics. I want to build one some day and a diablo would be nice too but I think I'm dreaming now lol

BigPines

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Liked: 272
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-1
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2014, 03:06:24 PM »
The Diablo is a beautiful car. A couple of the guys here own some very nice examples and I'm thinking they probably know something about the different kits that were made. I'd like to see more active Diablo builds on the forum. I'd actually really like to see at least one active Countach build thread as well but that is another topic.
If I don't have time to do it right, when will I have time to do it over?

No Bull

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • Liked: 299
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
  • Replication is the sincerest form of flattery
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2014, 02:27:57 PM »
I'm curious about this also.  The Diablo has to be one of the more successfully replicated bodies and I've often wondered what the most accurate body package was / is (besides OEM of course).

Chris

BigPines

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Liked: 272
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-1
The Most Accurate Diablo VT Kit
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2014, 01:18:13 PM »
I'm not planning to build a Diablo right now but I am very interested in them and would like to know something about the kits that are / have been available. I see a lot of these kits for sale and it may come in handy someday to know something about them.

What kits are currently available and what kits were the most accurate? Were any of the kits splashed from an OEM body? They had to be, right? Anything to watch out for as far as something to stay away from? What is the easiest way to tell one kit from another?

I understand the NAERC body was very accurate (OEM splash?). I heard Cliff had an OEM splash. Total Performance / D&R was supposed to be an accurate kit. What else should I know?
If I don't have time to do it right, when will I have time to do it over?