Author Topic: Kit Manufacturers  (Read 8745 times)

RawBuilder

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 16
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
Re: Kit Manufacturers
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2014, 11:41:28 AM »
Dang! Looks like I'll have to make a trip when I'm ready for the kit  :o  I guess the trip is worth the investment.

Any advice for stretching and reinforcing the Fiero?

Tallon

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 186
  • Member Rating Points: +18/-5
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2014, 11:33:16 AM »
Just heard too many people having problems with them delivering and getting all parts if they do actually deliver. CKI is in Alabama unless they moved? :S Either way yeah that's pretty far. You can try Rob it's just a matter of seeing what you're getting and paying when you are picking it up so that's you can't possibly get scammed. But many people on here drove long ways to pick up their kits. It's just how it is sadly.

76mx is in Atlanta, right?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 11:43:36 AM by Tallon »

RawBuilder

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2014, 11:28:31 AM »
Thanks for the quick response guys! So ordering a kit from extreme-sportscars.com would be a bad idea since they are overseas?

It's hard to find good kits  ::scratch  CKI is in Florida and I'm in California so that would be a bust to pick it up myself... I've read some bad stuff lately about RobLP640 but he is really close to me, just a state over... but yeah... I don't like giving my money away.

Thanks BigPines, I'll contact 76mx... by chance do you know what state he is in?

SchulzeA

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Liked: 217
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-1
  • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2014, 11:24:19 AM »
I bought from CKI and got what I payed for. Overall a good experience.  Their Reventon kit has dropped in price and you get to meet Elvis's long lost brother if you pick the kit up  ;D

BigPines

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Liked: 272
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-1
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2014, 11:14:48 AM »
I would talk to 76mx (Charley Strickland). He has Reventon molds and is just ramping up production of his kits. His prices are very reasonable too!
If I don't have time to do it right, when will I have time to do it over?

Tallon

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 186
  • Member Rating Points: +18/-5
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2014, 11:09:44 AM »
RTR... don't know them, please don't get ripped off by scam companies promising to build cars they can't prove they can build other than just showing pictures of oem cars. Even for the other two you'll need to go there to PAY AND PICKUP at the same time or you'll regret it. Never trust them any other way. Although Jackie from cki is far more honest than the other, you just might not get as good quality if you were to let them ship it to you. Might even be missing some parts. Reputation from everyone else speaks for itself... read up.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 11:17:30 AM by Tallon »

RawBuilder

Kit Manufacturers
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 11:01:13 AM »
Hey everyone, I'm new to this forum and for the past few weeks I've been reading through builds and other posts.  ::study

I am getting ready to start my own build but I want to make sure I get the best kit. I'm looking at the Reveton for the kit I want to build. Here are a few places I found, please let me know your thoughts on which manufacturer is best even if its not listed below;
  • Car Kit Inc
  • RobLP640
  • Rolling Thunder Restoration (Kind of expensive but includes a lot!)
I'm also looking to base this on a Fiero body, so if anyone know a get step by step guide or something that could help me with this stretch that would be much appreciated.

This will be a slow build with my son so I can teach him how to work on cars. My first goal is to buy the donor car and get it stretched and reinforced, then buy the body kit.

Thanks for the help!