Author Topic: Lamborghini vs Car Kit Inc  (Read 1629 times)

batbuilder

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Liked: 58
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
Re: Lamborghini vs Car Kit Inc
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2014, 11:24:31 AM »
Yes definitely they could but they probably won't because we are considered hobbiest. But say you go on a reality show and build one you are profiting. Say you get you car and trip comped to a car show you are profiting. Say you let someone use your car in a commercial and it's portrayed as an authentic lambo and they get paid you profit. You don't have to make money to profit it's a legal definition of profit. Especially cars that fall within a 20 year intellectual property patent.

RawBuilder

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 16
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 11:06:32 AM »
Can they sue you just for building one? If so then we are all breakin the law breakin law.... a little Judas Priest, couldn't resist.

batbuilder

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Liked: 58
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 10:59:50 AM »
Hey rawbuilder, I've built Batmobile replicas for a while and had a chance to go to Italy to the lambo factory. When I asked the lamborghini tour guide who was actually very knowledgable about lambos she said lamborghini will go after anyone that is profiting through their name or design ( intellectual property). My wifey is in the law business so I've always known that anyone can sue anyone for anything. Whether it sticks or not is another matter. For lamborghini it's pretty easy to reach out and smack you if your uploading videos or on eBay profiting from their designs. Hope that helps....Dave

RawBuilder

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 16
Lamborghini vs Car Kit Inc
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 10:36:31 AM »
Has anyone heard the outcome of this?

Does Lamborghini only go after people that are mass producing these kits and selling them on websites, like Car Kit Inc does?