Author Topic: Aventador Parts  (Read 17147 times)

Fatboyslim

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 149
  • Member Rating Points: +6/-0
  • Lamborghini Addiction
Re: Aventador Parts
« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2014, 08:44:19 PM »
 Ok sir, thank you for tearing me to pieces. You can clearly see all i want is to ask the forum to help those of us who are victims of scams from other members/vendors. You use the word "hijacked" loosely but when i mention the word "terrorism" its a joke to you? wow thanks brother. I never disrespected anyone or attempted to steal the "spotlight" from anyone, i just feel for the gentleman who got "ripped off" because i was ripped off also and i want to support my fellow builder/victim, whats wrong with that? You have actually broken down and tore apart my entire message asking for help as if you were insulted by my asking for help or that i or anyone asking for help in this matter are idiots and should seek advice from our "congressman"?? really? i mean did you really just say that??  this may be a way for you to spread your wings here, but dont downplay or insult the fact that im asking for help for a very serious matter wich DIRECTLY involves the forum. Yes, it directly involves the forum because the forum is a reliable link for crooks to steal money from innocent people, is that funny or stupid to you? well its not to me and other people. Dont kill the messenger brother im sure many other members would like to have some help in becoming more organized and proactive in this matter. Isnt that a nice goal to look forward to? I think it is.. Go start my own forum you say.. thank you for those kind words. I hope you realize that your reaction wasnt positive it was a negative and im not asking to to be bashed, im asking for help. PLease be nice you are a senior member and well respected so please help in addressing this matter not brushing it under the rug and ridiculing those who speak about it. Many of us have lost alot of money and it hurts our families as well. Thank you for your time. My response isnt intended to provoke you and i mean everything i say respectfully, you are a senior member here and i respect you. Thank you for your time. 
MODERATORS: My personal opinion is this thread should be split. We have definitely hijacked and derailed the original intent of this thread - it is a build diary remember? Maybe I'm wrong but I don't see any clear connection between the OP and the scam allegedly perpetrated. I think it is fine to have this discussion, I just believe it belongs somewhere else.

This is post is not intended as a flame. We all just need to be honest, realistic and take personal responsibility.

What i mean is can we start and enforce a "zero tolerance policy" for people who are using this forum to sell their products.

This sounds nice but it simply isn't feasible.

Can we 1) require the sellers to settle all disputes with other members who have a valid claim against them?

You know, in a perfect world, that would be great. In reality, it is complicated. Who is going to verify there is actually a valid claim? How does anyone know there was even a transaction to begin with? Maybe the claim is from another vendor who is trying to destroy his competition? This site simply cannot guarantee all prior disputes have been settled.

2) Make sure that the vendor fills out a special page of required info such as true verified names and addresses and references w/ 2 contact phone numbers.

Again, who is going to verify the information provided to true and correct? Who is going to pay for the private detective to establish all this? If the buyer wants references, they can ask for them before doing business with the vendor. This isn't the site's responsibility.

3) make sure the vendor is a certain level of membership here with certain amount of time as a member in good standing.

I actually think this isn't a bad idea at all but I don't think it would solve the problem.

4) make sure that the vendor accepts paypal as the only method of payment.

Meh, this is between the buyer and seller. Why should Lamboclone get involved in the method of payment? Buyers need to be smart. Period.

5) must maintain a certain level of positive feedback in order to continue selling his/her product on this forum.

I actually think this isn't a bad idea either but it adds certain complications. It would be up to Chris if he wants to implement something like this.

Taking the time to prepare this and put it into action would require a little time and experimenting with options but the impact on the members lives in saving them from further catastrophic losses and mental anguish would be the most rewarding  and achievment anyone could ever ask for. We all see good people/members getting ripped off almost every week here now and we cannot just turn our heads anymore and just say "settle this in court" or "post this on some back page" that no one reads. The forum is a direct link that connects the bad guys to innocent members and i strongly believe the forum has a responsibility to protect its members. We members are looking out for each other and we do our best but its not enough. We have all the tools needed to put this into action just need your help please understand and help us, thank you very much.

i feel the moderators should take the steps to ensure members safety, its not that difficult to do and would be a life saver of epic proportions.

If this is all "not that difficult", maybe you should start your own forum and make it happen. I'm sure it would be appreciated.

I do feel bad for the victims of unscrupulous vendors. However, selling parts is just one small part of this hobby. Everyone realizes this site is not LamboBay right? Lamboclone is not some escrow service that guarantees all transactions are risk-free. Chris (No Bull) isn't making any money off any of the transactions that occur here. He doesn't have the time to be the mediator between all parties in every dispute. Just because someone purchases from a vendor who advertised on this site does not mean that buyer has no personal responsibility to make sure he is conducting his business in a safe manner. Due diligence is still the buyer's responsibility! If there is a problem, the recourse we have on this forum is the vendor feedback system. Use it! Then pursue your legal options. Lamboclone does not endorse any vendor nor can they be responsible for any deal gone bad. It is really that simple.

The impact would be so great it would be like fighting terrorism.

Now that is just silly. These are just cars/car parts man! People aren't getting beheaded here. If you really want someone to protect you, talk to your congressman. They will be happy to take control of your life. ;)

76mx

• Liked: 358
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2014, 04:06:20 PM »
   Like I said, I hope this does not hinder our ability in the future to do business, and like I said, the protection offered by American Express (including free insurance) seems superior to Paypal protection to me. But enough about this. I doubt if Mr. Digibeam is going to buy anything from me anyway, and I hope this is not taken as harassment by him again. How is the Aventador build coming? Remember the Aventador build? This thread is about the Aventador build.

BigPines

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Liked: 272
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-1
« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2014, 03:36:38 PM »
I consider credit card a secure form of payment. So far I have never been denied a dispute I filed. That is my experience.
If I don't have time to do it right, when will I have time to do it over?

Digibeam

• Liked: 257
  • Member Rating Points: +12/-0
  • Show me, don't Tell me...
« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2014, 03:31:48 PM »
Here are my thoughts on handing out my credit card information randomly...
few if any credit card companies are going to back a person who "willfully" submits their CC information to someone over a phone/email etc. without a receipt or paper trail, that person would be left holding the debts as well as any further debts if that information gets passed along, without suggesting their card was "stolen"
any company that does not accept the now "Widely" accepted PayPal format (which you dont even have to have a PayPal account to issue or receive funds but doesnt cost anything to have)...is more of a question mark than a solution, what company wants to limit its methods of receiving money? if its a matter of the fees then just add to the cost to cover the fees. 
A third party that acts as like an escrow is far more favorable to the general populace
not suggesting anything but thats my opinion on the subject.

76mx

• Liked: 358
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
« Reply #50 on: March 25, 2014, 03:02:28 PM »
   I have gone to the effort to accept credit cards. After researching Paypal, I have concluded that it is only good for a company that is not qualified to take credit cards to sell to a customer that is not eligible for a credit card. I also found that the same buyer protection is in place with credit cards, actually considerably more for the buyer with an American Express Card. May sound like a commercial but we take Visa, MasterCard, and American Express, but we do not take Paypal. I hope this does not hinder our ability to do business in the future. 

BigPines

« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2014, 01:36:39 PM »
I actually already have it figured out. These are my three golden rules of any transaction:

1) Only pay with secure payment unless picking up item in person.
2) Avoid dealing with vendors who have been repeatedly reported as scammers.
3) If you absolutely can't avoid the reported scammers because they are the only ones with the parts, see rule #1!

It is also nice to see the parts you are purchasing in advance as well as see positive feedback from other members. It is pretty simple right?

plans4sale

• Liked: 60
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-0
« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2014, 01:20:49 PM »
 I hope you guys figure out a good solution for this issue...
Custom 3d car & chassis design: https://www.facebook.com/sportni.koli.3
Finnluxury Tritium (FLT) body kit and chassis: https://www.facebook.com/finnluxury

BigPines

« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2014, 10:37:04 AM »
MODERATORS: My personal opinion is this thread should be split. We have definitely hijacked and derailed the original intent of this thread - it is a build diary remember? Maybe I'm wrong but I don't see any clear connection between the OP and the scam allegedly perpetrated. I think it is fine to have this discussion, I just believe it belongs somewhere else.

This is post is not intended as a flame. We all just need to be honest, realistic and take personal responsibility.

What i mean is can we start and enforce a "zero tolerance policy" for people who are using this forum to sell their products.

This sounds nice but it simply isn't feasible.

Can we 1) require the sellers to settle all disputes with other members who have a valid claim against them?

You know, in a perfect world, that would be great. In reality, it is complicated. Who is going to verify there is actually a valid claim? How does anyone know there was even a transaction to begin with? Maybe the claim is from another vendor who is trying to destroy his competition? This site simply cannot guarantee all prior disputes have been settled.

2) Make sure that the vendor fills out a special page of required info such as true verified names and addresses and references w/ 2 contact phone numbers.

Again, who is going to verify the information provided to true and correct? Who is going to pay for the private detective to establish all this? If the buyer wants references, they can ask for them before doing business with the vendor. This isn't the site's responsibility.

3) make sure the vendor is a certain level of membership here with certain amount of time as a member in good standing.

I actually think this isn't a bad idea at all but I don't think it would solve the problem.

4) make sure that the vendor accepts paypal as the only method of payment.

Meh, this is between the buyer and seller. Why should Lamboclone get involved in the method of payment? Buyers need to be smart. Period.

5) must maintain a certain level of positive feedback in order to continue selling his/her product on this forum.

I actually think this isn't a bad idea either but it adds certain complications. It would be up to Chris if he wants to implement something like this.

Taking the time to prepare this and put it into action would require a little time and experimenting with options but the impact on the members lives in saving them from further catastrophic losses and mental anguish would be the most rewarding  and achievment anyone could ever ask for. We all see good people/members getting ripped off almost every week here now and we cannot just turn our heads anymore and just say "settle this in court" or "post this on some back page" that no one reads. The forum is a direct link that connects the bad guys to innocent members and i strongly believe the forum has a responsibility to protect its members. We members are looking out for each other and we do our best but its not enough. We have all the tools needed to put this into action just need your help please understand and help us, thank you very much.

i feel the moderators should take the steps to ensure members safety, its not that difficult to do and would be a life saver of epic proportions.

If this is all "not that difficult", maybe you should start your own forum and make it happen. I'm sure it would be appreciated.

I do feel bad for the victims of unscrupulous vendors. However, selling parts is just one small part of this hobby. Everyone realizes this site is not LamboBay right? Lamboclone is not some escrow service that guarantees all transactions are risk-free. Chris (No Bull) isn't making any money off any of the transactions that occur here. He doesn't have the time to be the mediator between all parties in every dispute. Just because someone purchases from a vendor who advertised on this site does not mean that buyer has no personal responsibility to make sure he is conducting his business in a safe manner. Due diligence is still the buyer's responsibility! If there is a problem, the recourse we have on this forum is the vendor feedback system. Use it! Then pursue your legal options. Lamboclone does not endorse any vendor nor can they be responsible for any deal gone bad. It is really that simple.

The impact would be so great it would be like fighting terrorism.

Now that is just silly. These are just cars/car parts man! People aren't getting beheaded here. If you really want someone to protect you, talk to your congressman. They will be happy to take control of your life. ;)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 12:20:29 PM by BigPines »

RawBuilder

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 16
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2014, 08:24:43 AM »

Simple fix, you must list part on ebay and you can post your ebay listing on this forum. Only thing would be that the admin would have review the listing before approving the listing... But worth the effort I think.

I sell on ebay and not as a hobby but as an income. I sell over $20k a month in inventory and building. I would rather sell on ebay and pay a fee than on Craig's list and save the 15%.

Just my 2 pennies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dammmmmm im in the wrong market...lol... 20k a month.... wowzers if your not on your way to becoming a millionaire you must already b there. I really have to step my game up..

Lol that's not $20k in profits, just in sells. If I were making that per month I would save up to buy a real lambo.

lamboflow

• Liked: 1
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2014, 05:01:45 AM »
Simple fix, you must list part on ebay and you can post your ebay listing on this forum. Only thing would be that the admin would have review the listing before approving the listing... But worth the effort I think.

I sell on ebay and not as a hobby but as an income. I sell over $20k a month in inventory and building. I would rather sell on ebay and pay a fee than on Craig's list and save the 15%.

Just my 2 pennies

Dammmmmm im in the wrong market...lol... 20k a month.... wowzers if your not on your way to becoming a millionaire you must already b there. I really have to step my game up.. oh n yea wouod be nice to regulate things thilats been my biggest pet peev and rant subs.. ppl trying to take advantage.. evn simple dum shht I postd looking for cheap window reg wystem less than 300 n ive had several ppl post or mostly pm me offering "oem" for 400-600 wtf I said cheaper...duuhhhh but guess thier trying the old roap a'dope trick.. but yea uhhh long story short my point is you can try to regulate members but thier will b the classic new guy selling parts with an established user name "most likey" them aswell ..voutching for the new member or vice versa.. fake transactions and private messages galore.. honesty its like fighting terrorism there will never b a end or solution its just a one eye open and second guessing type of world

Remember the rep world is a big ticket scam so just like a bank or big heist ppl will put hours days weeks maybe even years into planning the perfect hit. Shht only take one fake build and you easily see 50k or better gone. Thats a nice come up for a scammer especially for a crime thats technically just a misdimenior.unless he has yor car first like title is already transferred in your name. If not then its just a breaxh of contract which it most states is civil the ones thats its a crime... its minor.. meaing he'll get probation. IF HE/SHE GETS CAUGHT. FCKD UP WORLD
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 05:11:04 AM by lamboflow »

RawBuilder

« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2014, 01:10:05 AM »

Just my 2 pennies

Fatboyslim

• Lamborghini Addiction
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2014, 12:59:53 AM »
i agree with you sir, unfortunately alot of products are put for sale particularly on this forum because they cater to specific clients (builders) most are other builders or pretend builders who are using this forum to rip off innocent members. i feel the moderators should take the steps to ensure members safety, its not that difficult to do and would be a life saver of epic proportions. The impact would be so great it would be like fighting terrorism. Were simply talking about making vendors accountable and if they are going to use this forum to make a profit, they must adhere to certain rules and requirements wich uphold and maintain the safety and standards of this forum with respect to its members.  :D
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 01:07:14 AM by Fatboyslim »

RawBuilder

« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2014, 12:50:58 AM »
Best way to solve any future issues is to only buy/sell through ebay. Both buyer and seller are protected at two levels... ebay and PayPal. At minimum I would only pay through PayPal or check/cash if I were to pick it up.

Fatboyslim

• Lamborghini Addiction
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2014, 12:39:50 AM »
usmc_butler you are a senior member here and i have a very high respect to you, i am asking your help and no bull's help in please help us members here who have become victims of scammers who are using this forum to rip people off. What i mean is can we start and enforce a "zero tolerance policy" for people who are using this forum to sell their products. Can we 1) require the sellers to settle all disputes with other members who have a valid claim against them? 2) Make sure that the vendor fills out a special page of required info such as true verified names and addresses and references w/ 2 contact phone numbers. 3) make sure the vendor is a certain level of membership here with certain amount of time as a member in good standing. 4) make sure that the vendor accepts paypal as the only method of payment. 5) must maintain a certain level of positive feedback in order to continue selling his/her product on this forum. Taking the time to prepare this and put it into action would require a little time and experimenting with options but the impact on the members lives in saving them from further catastrophic losses and mental anguish would be the most rewarding  and achievment anyone could ever ask for. We all see good people/members getting ripped off almost every week here now and we cannot just turn our heads anymore and just say "settle this in court" or "post this on some back page" that no one reads. The forum is a direct link that connects the bad guys to innocent members and i strongly believe the forum has a responsibility to protect its members. We members are looking out for each other and we do our best but its not enough. We have all the tools needed to put this into action just need your help please understand and help us, thank you very much. Sorry if my grammar sucks  :D

GrandBorghiniMercy

• Liked: 1
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2014, 04:41:36 PM »
Will do usmc_butler