Author Topic: Aventador Parts  (Read 17148 times)

Fatboyslim

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 149
  • Member Rating Points: +6/-0
  • Lamborghini Addiction
Re: Aventador Parts
« Reply #69 on: March 27, 2014, 10:55:16 PM »
  Its not John Watson,  but i have a great news.. the person who i had an issue with has just given me $1000 back on my paypal today and promises he will give the balance next week. This means hes a good man and has alot of integrity. Maybe he read this thread, i dunno..but leaving his name out was the right thing to do. The end result was we worked things out and im happy. Woo hooo!  ::sun 
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 11:34:03 PM by Fatboyslim »

Onewickedsvt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 18
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
« Reply #68 on: March 27, 2014, 06:32:32 PM »
If it's John Watson, consider the money as good as gone.

Fatboyslim

• Lamborghini Addiction
« Reply #67 on: March 27, 2014, 11:12:35 AM »
 Sir, maybe you should read this. If that person doesnt give me my money back soon i certainly will tell you who it is. Believe me, i would like to expose this person but im hoping he will come through so im giving him a final chance. Im trying to be fair before i drag him through the mud. Exposing him wasnt what my intentions when i wrote asking for help. The reason i said that about the member ripping me off was because i wanted the mods to see that i wasnt just some dude talking cause i have nothing better to do but am an actual victim so that i may have more credibility, not to start another topic on my personal experience. Thats another Thread that you will soon see..im happy that i have your attention though, cause this guy is considered very established here and will shock you im sure cause youd never expect it from him. I certainly didnt. Wow, these gloves are getting heavy . Have a nice day sir  ::sun
and yet you yourself are not willing to provide negative feedback

I can appreciate someone who is first trying to resolve their issues first and only resorting to posting something negative once all other options have been exhausted.  You get more bees with honey and attacking someone prematurely will often mean that you'll never see your money or parts.

Posting negative feedback on someone should always be your last resort.

Chris
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 01:46:56 PM by Fatboyslim »

Tusabes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 127
  • Member Rating Points: +8/-2
« Reply #66 on: March 27, 2014, 06:25:28 AM »

This happened to me i wont say his name but i was burned buying G28 doors by a very highly ranking member here and got burned for $1500. i trusted this person cause he was very reputable here and youd be shocked to know who he is but i wont go there. i was simply asking for some help to protect our "neighborhood park" somehow.
Ok now I'm totally confused

If you got scammed for $1500 by someone here, but you won't say who it was , how can this forum help exposé or stop them ? YOU need to be willing to step up and say who scammed you. Chris even set up a whole section of this site for resolving issues with vendors but you need to be willing to expose the person who scammed you.

76mx

• Liked: 358
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
« Reply #65 on: March 26, 2014, 04:24:56 PM »
Point taken.

No Bull

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • Liked: 299
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
  • Replication is the sincerest form of flattery
« Reply #64 on: March 26, 2014, 03:23:40 PM »
and yet you yourself are not willing to provide negative feedback

I can appreciate someone who is first trying to resolve their issues first and only resorting to posting something negative once all other options have been exhausted.  You get more bees with honey and attacking someone prematurely will often mean that you'll never see your money or parts.

Posting negative feedback on someone should always be your last resort.

Chris

76mx

• Liked: 358
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
« Reply #63 on: March 26, 2014, 02:49:35 PM »
Fatboyslim, respectfully, "We trust that person because they are an existing forum member". What? I was thinking I missed something here and was just about to go through your posts to see what your vendor issue was when I saw in your last post that you will not reveal it. You want the forum to take action to protect us, among other things to require a seller to "Maintain positive feedback ... on the Forum", and yet you yourself are not willing to provide negative feedback. Respectfully, really?

Fatboyslim

• Lamborghini Addiction
« Reply #62 on: March 26, 2014, 09:33:16 AM »
 Thank you sir, your awesome  ::thumbup

BigPines

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Liked: 272
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-1
« Reply #61 on: March 26, 2014, 02:18:04 AM »
I think we understand each other. I do understand where you are coming from and you are welcome to voice your opinion. ::beers I respect that. That is what makes this forum great. I am very sorry to hear about your bad experience. I would personally like to know who it was. This is the vendor feedback area after all.

You know, Chris has a wonderful bedside manor that I lack. I tend to be more direct and it rubs people the wrong way sometimes. I could learn from Chris' wisdom.
If I don't have time to do it right, when will I have time to do it over?

Fatboyslim

• Lamborghini Addiction
« Reply #60 on: March 26, 2014, 02:08:02 AM »
 Thank you Big Pines for explaining yourself, you are well respected here and i appreciate that. I will say this one last thing then i will shut my pie hole...I want you to imagine a nice park with a playground that you and your family have enjoyed for a long time and then out of the blue gang members and drug dealers started hanging out there and made the park unsafe for you and your family. We all know the city didnt build the park with the intention of this to happen and it effects many of the people who use the park and want to enjoy its benefits. This is why the very city that built the park will enforce curfews and have the park patrolled in an attempt to keep its park clean and safe for everyone to enjoy.  The bad guys will stay there and continue to do bad things if no one steps up and does something about it. This is why community watch programs are all over the place these days. This is just a scenario that im hoping will let you see through my eyes, this has nothing to do with congress or having to take responsibility for our own actions, these things are already known and accepted as we are big boys now and we deal with it, we have too our wives remind us how dumb we are as it is. Im talking about members offering other members car body's, car parts, interior and exterior pieces, services etc. then we trust that person because they are an existing forum member and we give that person lots of money only to get burned. This happened to me i wont say his name but i was burned buying G28 doors by a very highly ranking member here and got burned for $1500. i trusted this person cause he was very reputable here and youd be shocked to know who he is but i wont go there. i was simply asking for some help to protect our "neighborhood park" somehow. Im not looking for pity, just tired of seeing this happen over and over. Im done now, my wife is screaming at me telling me im retarded, gotta go to bed thanks for your time.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 02:13:18 AM by Fatboyslim »

BigPines

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Liked: 272
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-1
« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2014, 01:19:53 AM »
Fatboyslim, I am sorry you misunderstood my response. It was not meant to disrespect, downplay, insult or ridicule anyone. It was meant to explain piece by piece that what you are asking for in your post is literally impossible. Ideologically, you and I disagree on the solution to this problem. That is all. At the same time, I actually said a couple of your ideas were interesting.

I think it is despicable that there are people who intentionally take advantage of other people but unfortunately this is the world we live in. It always has been and always will be. It is disgusting to me that straight-up fraud is happening to so many people in this hobby. Other times, I believe vendors have every intention of fulfilling their end of the agreement but they get in over their head and are unable to do so for various reasons. I don't believe that either case is acceptable. I don't condone this or look the other way and I don't find it humorous. At the same time, there are things we can all do to prevent becoming a victim. As Chris said, many people have pointed these things out many times.

Some people look to blame someone else or SOMETHING else (like a web forum) for their poor decisions. These people seem to be looking for someone to save them and others from the pain of their own mistakes. Power-hungry politicians and governments prey on this type of thinking. They are waiting to take your freedom in exchange for "guaranteeing" your safety. On the other hand, I believe in freedom and personal responsibility. My post was meant to outline that we must each accept personal responsibility for the business transactions we get into. I do not believe in placing the blame on a website instead of accepting the consequences of poor decisions made. We must all accept the consequences (good or bad) of our own decisions.

I guess I got carried away with the tongue-in-cheek comment about the congressman. It was just that, tongue-in-cheek. That is what the little winky emoticon ;) means. It is not meant to be interpreted literally or seriously. It was a ridiculous comment to counter the ridiculous terrorism reference. It was a nod that if you want complete safety, you have to completely give up your freedom. There are those waiting to give you exactly this. As Benjamin Franklin said "They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

I personally would rather have the freedom that allows an open exchange of goods and services on this forum. I believe I can be trusted to decide what products are right for me, whom I want to do business with and how I pay them. While I appreciate valuable feedback about vendors who have not fulfilled their obligations, I don't believe Lamboclone needs to protect me from my own poor decisions nor do I want that intrusion. I would prefer an open and free exchange.

Peace brother. I don't think you are an idiot. It's not like that at all. We just disagree.
If I don't have time to do it right, when will I have time to do it over?

Fatboyslim

• Lamborghini Addiction
« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2014, 01:13:51 AM »
 Well said Chris.. your an intelligent man. You made your point without being insulting. That says alot . I hope i can be smarter in the choices i make when i make a purchases. Definitely i will use a credit card for all my purchases and so should others because the banks will almost always back you up. At least i got you thinking about it and thats a big step in the right direction. Thanks for your time Chris have a nice evening.

No Bull

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: March 25, 2014, 11:28:43 PM »
I completely disagree with your comments about this site placing the wolves with the rabbits.  This site has actually exposed several "scammers" and has actually helped protect many buyers however let's not forget that this isn't the main purpose of this site.  What draws so many scammers into this hobby are the following.

1. The number of buyers that want "something for nothing".  There is this belief out there that someone can build a quality car for $20,000 or less.  You can read many stories on this site about how this simply isn't possible unless you are starting with a lot of parts, going bare bones or you are willing to make the parts yourself.  If it's too good to be true... then "caveat emptor".  Remember that you are trying to replicate a car that costs around $400,000 new and I can assure you that Audi is not building them for $20,000 each.

2. The number of sellers that can't or don't deliver on parts for those buyers looking to build a car for $20,000.  The reality sinks in that the cost of making low cost parts doesn't pay out for the seller or the parts they can make at this price doesn't match up to the buyers expectations. 

There are a number of true scammers out there that prey on the buyer that wants something for nothing basically and that's exactly what the buyer receives... nothing. 

They also know that most buyers won't follow it up in court because of the legal costs or for fear that the courts will throw it out of court.  If it bothers you enough, then you have the right to take them to court otherwise you need to warn others once or twice the correct way and move on.  I'm not saying that every replica should cost $60,000 but what I am saying that anyone planning a "quality build" for $20,000 or less is just fooling themselves and they really need to consider a different hobby. 

Good parts from honest sellers typically are not cheap and when they are, you should always cover your purchases with insurance.  You asked for protection advice and that is what many members provided to you.  Buy via EBay or PayPal so your purchases are protected by them.  Some credit card companies also provide this protection.  They can provide you with far more protection than this site can and they can quickly refund you and pursue the seller themselves.

This is a reoccurring topic and there are several threads on this site providing best buying and selling practices.  The best we can offer anyone on this site are experiences (both good and bad) and then moving on to what's important.. the build.

Chris

Fatboyslim

• Lamborghini Addiction
« Reply #56 on: March 25, 2014, 10:57:28 PM »
 Hi Chris, thanks for clarifying this.. i do understand that you are not responsible to mediate or resolve peoples purchase and/or sales problems, i understand and agree with you. I simply wrote asking for help to come up with ways to help prevent scammers from using your forum, it is now and always will be an issue that needs to be addressed and dealt with on some level. This problem is only getting worse and it will not go away.  I dont have the answers to everything, and i dont claim to.. but isnt it a shame that when a man speaks out asking for help that he gets ridiculed? do you condone that? im not a very smart person im just a member who has been scammed out of money and it hurts financially and mentally, lets just say it sucks big time, i feel like the entire response to my asking for help was a "HOW DARE YOU" and was literally picked apart, Ray Charles could see that one. Picture this sir, in your left hand you hold rabbits and in your right hand you hold a hungry wolf, this forum is a bridge that connects them together and the wolves are running amuck and using your forum as a playground to feed on the rabbits. Do you turn your cheek and wash your hands of it or make an attempt to help reduce/eliminate the problem? Big Pines says "these are only cars and parts man!" They are NOT just cars and parts.. these are real people and real money and real lives that are effected. Period.  I find that remark shameful, im only trying to help keep your forum a safe and fun place for us builders. i will not post anymore about this,  but i would hope senior members would act more positive and helpful with suggestions instead of bashing and degrading. I have been respectful always and will continue to be. Its just hard to sit back and watch all the victims time after time and more and more to come as they suffer and lose as i did. Thank you for your time sir. Sorry for the bad grammar  :)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 11:08:09 PM by Fatboyslim »

No Bull

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: March 25, 2014, 10:06:55 PM »
I think there are a couple things that should be set straight here.

1. The term hijacked pertains to someone coming into a non-relevant topic and posting information that doesn't directly relate to that topic.  The topic started out as a build thread and started moving towards a problem with a purchase.  The suggestion was made to split the two topics out so that they didn't collide with one another.  This is for the sake of the person who's build diary has been overrun but for those who are following or will be following the thread later on.

2. This forum does not bear the responsibility of resolving purchase or selling problems.  As a service to others I do tolerate some feedback as long as it's justified with an example that can be proved and is delivered constructively.  I'm not a judge and I can't resolve your issues here.  Get an attorney and resolve your losses in the courts.  Everyone wants to be warned about possible bad sellers however no one wants to read about it day after day and trying to harass someone into resolution by posting and reposting bad things about them on this site is simply not tolerated. 

Chris