Author Topic: Splashing a real Aventador  (Read 13599 times)

aventcar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 214
  • Member Rating Points: +7/-0
Re: Splashing a real Aventador
« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2015, 08:01:38 PM »
I will prepare pics abouth this machine soon. :CSS

BigPines

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Liked: 272
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-1
« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2015, 11:35:06 AM »
You are a smart and skilled guy aventcar. Do you have pics of your machine? I am curious about how it works.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 11:35:24 AM by BigPines »
If I don't have time to do it right, when will I have time to do it over?

aventcar

• Liked: 214
  • Member Rating Points: +7/-0
« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2015, 09:32:47 PM »
You are right... So what's wrong with a 3D scan vs an actual splash?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
im selling for 48 k a 3d escultor machine , it seems to me that another guys not have the info, data of interior parts of any model  this machine works with also small parts, this machine build with my own hands it take to my 4 mounts to build each machine.

INSPIREcomposite (BANNED)

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Liked: 108
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2015, 09:25:36 AM »
any progress?

BigPines

« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2014, 07:15:27 PM »
I basically agree. Obviously parts have to be the right shape. Beyond that, there are certain things that can help make things easier/nicer down the road - like the little lip under the batwings that most kits are missing but you aren't going to get that kind of stuff from a model anyway.

Tallon

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 186
  • Member Rating Points: +18/-5
« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2014, 06:54:08 PM »
When making the panels I don't think functionality is something you worry about, obviously they will start out as static pieces then you make them functional for your specific build... things you'll be doing years down the road
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 06:57:38 PM by Tallon »

BigPines

« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2014, 03:01:12 PM »
No, I was referring to the member on this forum who goes by the name lambocars: http://lamboclone.com/index.php?action=profile;u=595

His hinges - Rear: http://lamboclone.com/index.php?topic=2097.0

LamboJayso also makes them - Front: http://lamboclone.com/index.php?topic=1344
Rear: http://lamboclone.com/index.php?topic=1432

usmc_butler's functional batwings:
Replica LP Batwings

There is actually a whole section devoted to actuator controlled batwings and spoilers: http://lamboclone.com/index.php?board=36.0
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 03:20:44 PM by BigPines »

Xyberz

• Liked: 4
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2014, 02:51:27 PM »
Lots of guys make the batwings and vents functional.

lambocars makes some OEM style hinges that are difficult to distinguish from the real thing.

Are you talking about their forums?  I couldn't find anything on Lambocars.com unless I'm in the wrong spot.

BigPines

« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2014, 01:38:04 PM »
Lots of guys make the batwings and vents functional.

lambocars makes some OEM style hinges that are difficult to distinguish from the real thing.

Xyberz

« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2014, 01:31:42 PM »
I'm wondering if anyone has been able to reproduce the double hinged parts yet?  It seems as if the rear bonnet is and possibly the front.  Also making sure to be able to reproduce the rear wing would be nice considering it goes up as your speed increases.  It would be sad if that along with the bat wings were just static pieces.

Also ensuring that the vents are functional and not just aesthetic would be good.  If you're gonna make a body, might as well make those parts work as they're supposed to considering they're just really holes and I'm not sure how much harder it would be to make them functional. 

BigPines

« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2014, 09:47:20 AM »
As far as reproducing an accurate body, it doesn't matter if they are pre-assembled or a kit. I mean, you aren't going to make a carbon fiber frame or anything. However, it would be best to get something with doors, hood & trunk that open so you could reproduce the door jams, etc. With the Pocher model, you get lots of useful detail like the inner hood, etc. Also, the larger the model, typically, the better the detail will be.

I'm sure all officially licensed products get their source files from Lamborghini. ::LAMBO

I agree that Pocher looks like the sweet spot if one were going to take this route. If there is nothing better available in a few years, I will probably do just that. A combination of spalshed OEM panels and scans for this model would probably work out perfect. You just have to make sure you upscale perfectly so it all matches up.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 09:59:10 AM by BigPines »

Xyberz

« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2014, 06:15:16 AM »
Well, the Pocher is the cheapest large scale accurate model I know of but there are others. For instance, these guys use scans of actual cars: http://www.amalgamcollection.com/en/product/product_detail.php?SKU=M5458&list_type=&list_value=&PHPSESSID=15b

...but who can afford them?

Actually, I think many models start with the original 3D files but they make changes to them so they can gracefully scale them down.

Those and the others like them are all preassembled models.  Autoart makes a 1:10 scale of them too.  The only thing is that I don't think any of the panels are removable and they're not accurate down to the frame as the Porcher is.  I like the fact that if you wanted, you could build and showcase the frame and interior without the body panel so you can see the actual insides of the vehicle.  I think all scale models should be like this, well at least bigger scale models. 

I wonder where all those other companies get their scans from, if it's really actually from Lamborghini like Porcher claims.  The only way to know is to actually contact each one but then again why bother spending thousands when you can spend hundreds for something that's even better with Porcher. 

BigPines

« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2014, 10:39:12 PM »
Well, the Pocher is the cheapest large scale accurate model I know of but there are others. For instance, these guys use scans of actual cars: http://www.amalgamcollection.com/en/product/product_detail.php?SKU=M5458&list_type=&list_value=&PHPSESSID=15b

...but who can afford them?

Actually, I think many models start with the original 3D files but they make changes to them so they can gracefully scale them down.

Xyberz

« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2014, 10:29:15 PM »
Well, my scanner is fairly inexpensive and it is so accurate you can scan coins or even fingerprints so I think it would work just fine for a car. In fact, other people have done cars on it with amazing results. http://www.david-3d.com/

You don't need to scan the side to get the right thickness because you only need to cut a positive mold/plug/buck from the scan. From that you can pull a mold. When you create your parts, you will determine the thickness by the amount of material you use in the lay-up.

I know it has been done in the past but I would never use a model I found on the internet to do this. However, I believe scanning the 1:8 Pocher is a viable alternative to scanning a full-size car.

Yeah, I saw that scanner in a search for scanners.  I'm wondering how well it can transfer from the scan it makes to an actual CNC pieces for a buck/mold/plug.  There's always gotta be a first right?

You're correct, the Pocher would be the only model if there weren't really any other options to make a scan from.  They're the only company, besides the body kit makers, that claim to have access to the original 3D models of the vehicle or have 3D scans from the real thing. 

BigPines

« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2014, 10:20:37 PM »
Well, my scanner is fairly inexpensive and it is so accurate you can scan coins or even fingerprints so I think it would work just fine for a car. In fact, other people have done cars on it with amazing results. http://www.david-3d.com/

You don't need to scan the side to get the right thickness because you only need to cut a positive mold/plug/buck from the scan. From that you can pull a mold. When you create your parts, you will determine the thickness by the amount of material you use in the lay-up.

I know it has been done in the past but I would never use a model I found on the internet to do this. However, I believe scanning the 1:8 Pocher is a viable alternative to scanning a full-size car.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 10:22:51 PM by BigPines »