Author Topic: Replace everything you can afford....  (Read 1584 times)

tonypaul

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 54
  • Member Rating Points: +7/-0
Replace everything you can afford....
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 09:28:24 PM »
I have had my Diablo Roadster finished for alittle over a year now, put on about 2200 miles and have not had 1 single problem since first startup.... Untill NOW... Some of the little things I didnt replace from my Fiero donar are now breaking. Three weeks ago my right rear wheel bearing when out. Destroyed the knuckle, trailing arms, new cross drilled rotor. Fixxed that, yesterday coming back from Costco my select shifter cable breaks leaving me with only 3rd and 4th gear on a big hill... :'( :'(

Got a set of new cables on the way so hopefully I will have that fixxed soon.

So my little piece of advice for today is- If your using a old Fiero, MR2 or whatever try to replace everything you can during your build. And if you live in Texas or anywhere it gets hot, put in a working A/C.

FORGOT: Also when your building your replica think about future repairs and service.
Case & Point: my shifter cable problem- I got ALOT of wires and relays under my center console- electric windows, start button, lights, door releases, electric waterpumps & fans, alarm, ect, ect. Even though I tried to do a neat/clean wiring job I didnt think about having to replace the shifter cables... It was a complete pain in arse to get the old ones out, no telling how hard its going to be trying to get the new ones installed.
 It sucks having go back and fix these little things...  :'(